Canada MSW 2019

mriley26

2 minutes ago, Jessica_11 said:

Not yet! I'm scared to check my mail this week, nothing yet on Loris!  Are you waiting to hear about the 2 year program?

yes I am.. I am scared to check my mail, this forum, or my mail. let me know if you hear something! :) 

4 minutes ago, moonsun.jang said:

yes I am.. I am scared to check my mail, this forum, or my mail. let me know if you hear something! :) 

Nothing new in my Loris! lol probably does not help remotely but looks like we're all still waiting ? The anxiety is killing me. 

47 minutes ago, hellohamilton said:

hi all!  i made the decision to go ahead with dalhousie so that i can keep up with full-time work so am declining my offers for laurier and waterloo.  hope that this helps some folks out who may be on the waitlist.  all the best to all.  and to all who didn't receive the news that they wanted - keep at it - i was rejected last year and this year got into 3 programs.  it is tough, but there is hope.  ❤️ 

Congratulations on all the acceptance!! Thank you!! Can I ask, what changed between this year and last in terms of your resume? 

Edited by Natalie.Gravel

Does anyone know when Ryerson's deadline for acceptance was?
Was anyone waitlisted for Ryerson? I haven't heard from them yet and I'm not sure if there is a waitlist happening at this point

2 hours ago, aspiringmsw2019 said:

Nope ? anyone received any mail from Laurier ...? I’m really surprised they’re already sending rejections ?? 

I am surprised too...

@Natalie.Gravel, are you sure this is for the 2-year program and not the advanced standing one (for people who already have a BSW)? 

Edited by SageAU

17 hours ago, Sammy1 said:

Does anyone know when Ryerson's deadline for acceptance was?
Was anyone waitlisted for Ryerson? I haven't heard from them yet and I'm not sure if there is a waitlist happening at this point

Hi! I got a call last Wednesday and my deadline for acceptance is the 16th. 

Hello!

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have been accepted into Western 2 year MSW. They don't give you a long time to decide and I have to tell them by this Friday! 

I was wondering for those who accepted, if you have to pay some sort of deposit immediately upon accepting? I just want to know if there will be a financial risk if I accept and then decide to accept a different school later.

Also, I am trying to decide between Western and UBC Okanagan. Does anyone have any insights? 

45 minutes ago, Andree said:

Hello!

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have been accepted into Western 2 year MSW. They don't give you a long time to decide and I have to tell them by this Friday! 

I was wondering for those who accepted, if you have to pay some sort of deposit immediately upon accepting? I just want to know if there will be a financial risk if I accept and then decide to accept a different school later.

Also, I am trying to decide between Western and UBC Okanagan. Does anyone have any insights? 

Hiya - I'm in the same boat with Western. I've emailed them asking for an extension and can let you know what they say. 

Does anyone know when we will hear back for the wait list at Kings, or knows of anyone who has moved from the waitlist and gotten accepted? (since they do it on a rolling basis) 

1 minute ago, SK19 said:

Does anyone know when we will hear back for the wait list at Kings, or knows of anyone who has moved from the waitlist and gotten accepted? (since they do it on a rolling basis) 

Do you mean when we hear about being waitlisted or hear about moving off the waitlist?