Canada MSW 2019

mriley26

16 minutes ago, acciojenna said:

Do you mean when we hear about being waitlisted or hear about moving off the waitlist? 

hear about moving off the wait list :)

38 minutes ago, SK19 said:

hear about moving off the wait list :)

I'm not sure, but I am in the same boat as I have been waitlisted at King's as well! Gahhh.  I am constantly checking back to see if my status has changed haha.  It looks like the deadline for those accepted to the 2 year program to reply is this coming Friday so maybe we will hear something next week once those applicants have either accepted or declined. 

1 hour ago, Jessica_11 said:

I'm not sure, but I am in the same boat as I have been waitlisted at King's as well! Gahhh.  I am constantly checking back to see if my status has changed haha.  It looks like the deadline for those accepted to the 2 year program to reply is this coming Friday so maybe we will hear something next week once those applicants have either accepted or declined. 

I truly feel your pain! I have been waitlisted at King's as well!!! Did you apply anywhere else? I am doing the same thing, but I don't even want to get my hopes up because the waitlist seems pretty big! Do you know how many people are on the wait list! Yeah, I heard that the dead line is this Friday, which is shocking because a lot of 2 year programs have not  even sent out acceptances. 

57 minutes ago, SK19 said:

I truly feel your pain! I have been waitlisted at King's as well!!! Did you apply anywhere else? I am doing the same thing, but I don't even want to get my hopes up because the waitlist seems pretty big! Do you know how many people are on the wait list! Yeah, I heard that the dead line is this Friday, which is shocking because a lot of 2 year programs have not  even sent out acceptances. 

Because of this, I'd imagine that the waitlist probably won't start to move until more of the schools have sent out offers of admission! I'm waitlisted at Carleton and that was my plan.

1 hour ago, SK19 said:

The suspense is driving me crazy!! I applied to Laurier too so I am waiting to hear from them as well.  I'm not sure how big the waitlist is or how that process works.  I am sure we will know more information at the end of March or early April when the other schools have sent out their acceptances.

All the best to you!

Edited by Jessica_11

Just now, Jessica_11 said:

The suspense is driving me crazy!! I applied to Laurier too so I am waiting to hear from them as well.  I'm not sure how big the waitlist is or how that process works.  I am sure we will know information at the end of March or early April when the other schools have sent out their acceptances.

All the best to you!

The suspense is killing me too!!! Best of luck, I have my fingers crossed for both of us, and also for you to hear back form Laurier. 
Thanks for the support through this suspenseful time! 

6 hours ago, SK19 said:

Does anyone know when we will hear back for the wait list at Kings, or knows of anyone who has moved from the waitlist and gotten accepted? (since they do it on a rolling basis) 

I too am wondering and hoping...for the 1 yr advanced...I only applied to King's since it is the 1 I want...all my eggs lol..however I am waitlisted. Disappointed but not really surprised as I feel my supplemental questions were sub par..I was dealing with alot of grief when I wrote it and pretty far off my game I feel although I think the rest was solid...however even knowing that I cant stop hoping and checking! Im still going to plan to move to London this summer and hopefully work in sw with my hbsw and rock their application next year! Positive thinking ? 

So we have not heard from York yet and my deadline to accept Ryerson is this Saturday. Do you guys think it might be worthwhile calling York and just asking them about my application status? I'm primarily concerned about funding as that will be a huge deciding factor for me. Does anyone know if they will give me this information? The wait is killer! 

34 minutes ago, getthatbread said:

So we have not heard from York yet and my deadline to accept Ryerson is this Saturday. Do you guys think it might be worthwhile calling York and just asking them about my application status? I'm primarily concerned about funding as that will be a huge deciding factor for me. Does anyone know if they will give me this information? The wait is killer! 

Based on last year, I think applicants heard back from York around March 23rd. I am not sure if York would give you your acceptance earlier on the phone if you did call - since they inform students on specific dates in waves. However, York would be able to tell you on the phone when they would start calling applicants about their acceptances since this did happen last year too.

What I would reccomend is asking if Ryerson would be able to extend the deadline for when you can accept - since you can explain the situation about you are hearing back from other universities. I am not sure if you have done this already. If they won't give you an extension, I would reccomend putting down the deposit just to secure your place in case until you hear back from York. It does suck that we have to do this (since I did this with another school), but it is better to be safe than sorry. I also know not everyone has the financial means to put down a security deposit, so I would just talk to Ryerson to see what they have to say.

Hope that is helpful! :)

Just now, SDZ said:

Based on last year, I think applicants heard back from York around March 23rd. I am not sure if York would give you your acceptance earlier on the phone if you did call - since they inform students on specific dates in waves. However, York would be able to tell you on the phone when they would start calling applicants about their acceptances since this did happen last year too.

What I would reccomend is asking if Ryerson would be able to extend the deadline for when you can accept - since you can explain the situation about you are hearing back from other universities. I am not sure if you have done this already. If they won't give you an extension, I would reccomend putting down the deposit just to secure your place in case until you hear back from York. It does suck that we have to do this (since I did this with another school), but it is better to be safe than sorry. I also know not everyone has the financial means to put down a security deposit, so I would just talk to Ryerson to see what they have to say.

Hope that is helpful! :)

Thank you so much! This is a helpful response -- will definitely call work today and let the forum know if they give me any information. 

2 hours ago, getthatbread said:

My MyFile has just changed to accepted from York. No call or e-mail.... best of luck to my fellow applicants! You got this ❤️ 

Advanced standing or 2 year?