Canada MSW 2019

mriley26

Hi everyone!!

I applied to laurier’s online msw program for May 2019.

In September 2017,  I applied to U of T, windsor and Laurier’s 2 year msw program but was unsuccessful. I’m hoping that this time around I will be successful as I’ve spent the past two years building my resume. 

I was told by my advisor that we should expect an email late January early February but that was in November, so that timeline may have changed.  

Hopefully it’s not much later than February.  I’m also considering applying to Windsor’s working professional program but the idea of having to travel every second weekend would be difficult and costly. 

42 minutes ago, moli said:

Hi everyone!!

In September 2017,  I applied to U of T, windsor and Laurier’s 2 year msw program but was unsuccessful. I’m hoping that this time around I will be successful as I’ve spent the past two years building my resume. 

I was told by my advisor that we should expect an email late January early February but that was in November, so that timeline may have changed.  

Hopefully it’s not much later than February.  I’m also considering applying to Windsor’s working professional program but the idea of having to travel every second weekend would be difficult and costly. 

Before the holidays someone on here said they had emailed their enrollment advisor and the automatic response said that admissions emails would be sent out in February or March.

4 hours ago, moli said:

Hi everyone!!

Uwindsor  MSW for working professional is also offered at a location in Peel Region(peel campus)

Edited by MSW-101

4 hours ago, SuzyH said:

I was just accepted to Laurier's online MSW program! I was expecting a longer wait so I am thrilled. Anyone else heard back yet? 

I received an offer of admission to Laurier's advance standing on campus MSW program beginning September 2019 today! I applied to the online as well but have not heard anything, nor has another friend of mine. Did you apply to the program requiring a BSW or the regular track? The online program is my last choice currently :)

I have a question. What if you the deadline to accept an offer of admission from one school is before you have heard back from other choices? I have until January 29 to accept my offer from Laurier, but my application for Western is not due until January 15th with a response expected in February. Is it horrible to accept an offer and then later on decline it if you are accepted elsewhere? 

Edited by Purple-Elephant

50 minutes ago, Purple-Elephant said:

I received an offer of admission to Laurier's advance standing on campus MSW program beginning September 2019 today! I applied to the online as well but have not heard anything, nor has another friend of mine. Did you apply to the program requiring a BSW or the regular track? The online program is my last choice currently :)

I have a question. What if you the deadline to accept an offer of admission from one school is before you have heard back from other choices? I have until January 29 to accept my offer from Laurier, but my application for Western is not due until January 15th with a response expected in February. Is it horrible to accept an offer and then later on decline it if you are accepted elsewhere? 

Wow! Congratulations! Laurier's acceptance came a lot sooner than I anticipated. How did they notify you?

Hello Everyone,

I am a BSW student at York University with a SSW diploma from Sheridan College. I have applied for the advanced standing MSW programs at York and Laurier.

Is anyone aware of when Laurier and York sends out their acceptances? If so, how did they notify applicants?

Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, Purple-Elephant said:

Congratulations, that is an incredible accomplishment! It's remarkable you found out so early! 

When I emailed Laurier on December 11th, they told me that they hoped to have all final decisions made by mid-March. Are you aware if they give out many acceptances in January and/or February as well? 

12 hours ago, SC-MSW 2019 said:

Congratulations, that is an incredible accomplishment! It's remarkable you found out so early! 

When I emailed Laurier on December 11th, they told me that they hoped to have all final decisions made by mid-March. Are you aware if they give out many acceptances in January and/or February as well? 

13 hours ago, KD.msw said:

Wow! Congratulations! Laurier's acceptance came a lot sooner than I anticipated. How did they notify you?

Thank you both! I received an email from the Faculty of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies congratulating me and telling me to look on Loris to accept or decline my offer. When I click on the program on Loris I am now greeted by a big message and the option to accept/decline and cannot view any of my uploaded documents etc as I could before. 

Good luck to everyone else! I am glad to know I will definitely be graduating with my MSW in 2020! 

I was just emailed with an acceptance to Laurier's part-time online program beginning May 2019, turns out they accidentally clicked acceptance for the full time program instead of the part time so that is pretty disappointing but makes more sense since the program starts earlier. UGH :( 

Hi everyone, I applied to the MSW-Indigenous Trauma and Resiliency program at U of T (put all my eggs in the one basket!). Im wondering if anyone has also applied and if all applicants are invited to the in-person/Skype interview or if there are circumstances in which applicants bypass that step and are accepte? Im assuming that those who are invited to an interview will be notified next month. Thanks and good luck to everyone! :)

19 hours ago, Purple-Elephant said:

I applied to the part-time, online, advanced standing program. I believe the program does require a BSW.

17 hours ago, moli said:

Congratulations!! How did they notify you?

Thank you! I was notified of an offer via an e-mail, which also directed me to log into Loris. The acceptance could then be seen on Loris when I clicked the application. 

10 minutes ago, No display name said:

CONGRATULATIONS to those who got accepted!!!

Now that I hear people are hearing responses I'm SO nervous.... I wonder if only the advanced standing acceptances are going out right now?

Ugh this whole process is killing my nerves!!!

I was told advanced standing applicants would all be informed first and then they would move on to the 2-year program applicants. Knowing this has not stopped me from religiously checking my email every 10 minutes since I saw the post last night saying they had started accepting students.

16 minutes ago, ErinCM said:

I was told advanced standing applicants would all be informed first and then they would move on to the 2-year program applicants. Knowing this has not stopped me from religiously checking my email every 10 minutes since I saw the post last night saying they had started accepting students.

Thats me right now haha! Ughhh, I was so hopeful that maybe we'd find out sooner... guess it'll still be the February/March :( 

8 hours ago, Purple-Elephant said:

I was just emailed with an acceptance to Laurier's part-time online program beginning May 2019, turns out they accidentally clicked acceptance for the full time program instead of the part time so that is pretty disappointing but makes more sense since the program starts earlier. UGH :( 

Sorry to hear that happened, but congrats on getting into the part-time online MSW program.

Laurier requires us to accept or decline the offer by January 29th, but I have applied to other schools who may not send decisions until March. I would like to make an informed decision based upon all options. Can anyone advise they have done in similar situations?

31 minutes ago, No display name said:

I GOT INTO THE 2 YR MAY 2019 ONLINE PROGRAM!!!

Congrats! For advanced standing or the non-BSW route????