Jump to content

Canada MSW 2019


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My MyFile has just changed to accepted from York. No call or e-mail.... best of luck to my fellow applicants! You got this ❤️ 

With respect that is quite a negative and verging on rude outlook. While I haven't read every page of this forum it seems like people have been very positive and supportive of one another. At the same

Bleh, I have to say I'm holding a bit of a heavy heart after not hearing anything from UofT and there being no change on Acorn. Witnessing how gruelling this process can be for all of us, and definite

Posted Images

Hey human friends,

I received my acceptance letter yesterday for UofT MSW. Not advance standing program.  

Im looking for other humans who have gotten in and are willing to embark on the journey having known someone. 

Maybe we could even have a meet in greet at a coffee place or something. 

Let me know,

Congrats to everyone who got in!

Goodluck to all those still waiting. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! My congratulations to everyone who got accepted to U of T! For those of you who got accepted would you be able to share the deadline date to pay the deposit in order to secure your spot? I am on their wait-list and I also got accepted to U of Calgary. The program in Calgary starts in May (super soon) but I prefer to stay in Toronto since I live here. So I am wondering if U of T will send any updates before May to those who got waitlisted .  Thank you :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, JanineW said:

Hey guys! My congratulations to everyone who got accepted to U of T! For those of you who got accepted would you be able to share the deadline date to pay the deposit in order to secure your spot? I am on their wait-list and I also got accepted to U of Calgary. The program in Calgary starts in May (super soon) but I prefer to stay in Toronto since I live here. So I am wondering if U of T will send any updates before May to those who got waitlisted .  Thank you :)

The waitlist letter we received made it seem as if they don’t reconsider until after the May 24th deadline to accept the wait-list ... but I hope this is not the case! 

Edited by chandl28
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, chandl28 said:

The waitlist letter we received made it seem as if they don’t reconsider until after the May 24th deadline to accept the wait-list ... but I hope this is not the case! 

i emailed yesterday to confirm my spot on the waitlist and ask about this and was told offers from the waitlist will go out b/w mid May and early Sept so not a direct answer but there it is haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JanineW said:

Hey guys! My congratulations to everyone who got accepted to U of T! For those of you who got accepted would you be able to share the deadline date to pay the deposit in order to secure your spot? I am on their wait-list and I also got accepted to U of Calgary. The program in Calgary starts in May (super soon) but I prefer to stay in Toronto since I live here. So I am wondering if U of T will send any updates before May to those who got waitlisted .  Thank you :)

Hey there! We have to pay our deposit by May 31st. 

Also, I live in Calgary currently. If you want any advice about where to live or anything like that, feel free to message me. I would be more than happy to help out. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vasthi said:

Hey human friends,

I received my acceptance letter yesterday for UofT MSW. Not advance standing program.  

Im looking for other humans who have gotten in and are willing to embark on the journey having known someone. 

Maybe we could even have a meet in greet at a coffee place or something. 

Let me know,

Congrats to everyone who got in!

Goodluck to all those still waiting. 

 

I’m in!

m.me/susiechicafelix on FB messenger. Maybe we should get a group setup on Facebook as well 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2019MSWToronto said:

Yeah! Has anyone set up a facebook page?

Not yet,  I tried but to create a group I need to have at least one person as a Facebook friend to add to the group, to get it started.

You can send me a friend request or a message @susiechicafelix and we can start it together 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MSWUoft2019 said:

Hi guys,

Two year - uoft Msw question

How do I pay the $500 deposit? I don't have a checkbook and I never used a money order. 

Also, when does Uoft sent the Acceptance Package in the mail for us to sign?

Thanks

I think they should send the package soon. Hopefully there will be detailed instructions on how to pay the deposit, I was hoping we can pay it online directly but I’ve been too busy celebrating and convincing myself this is real life so I didn’t really look into the deposit yet. 

I kinda want to get the physical package in my mailbox to allow myself to fully believe it. 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chicafelix said:

I think they should send the package soon. Hopefully there will be detailed instructions on how to pay the deposit, I was hoping we can pay it online directly but I’ve been too busy celebrating and convincing myself this is real life so I didn’t really look into the deposit yet. 

I kinda want to get the physical package in my mailbox to allow myself to fully believe it. 😂

Hey there!

Paying the deposit has been absolutely confusing, but I am pretty sure they want us to send it through traditional mail. I asked Angela about the deposit situation and this is what she said:

"The deposit is due at the end of May; when you submit your payment please include the confirmation deposit form and submit it directly to Student Accounts, 215 Huron Street (address is on the form)."

I am going to talk to my bank about this since I do not have cheques/money orders either - but I am sure we will be able to figure something out. I believe that different mailing companies (e.g., Canada Post, UPS) have secured ways to send cheques/money orders over. I am also willing to pay a little extra to ensure the deposit is sent over safely.

I am going to do be doing this all today, so I will update the forum if I find out any valuable information about this process! :) However, will UofT be sending a physical package through mail as well? I thought they were sending their acceptances through e-mails this year - since a lot of the information can be found on our SGS account.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.