Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My MyFile has just changed to accepted from York. No call or e-mail.... best of luck to my fellow applicants! You got this ❤️ 

With respect that is quite a negative and verging on rude outlook. While I haven't read every page of this forum it seems like people have been very positive and supportive of one another. At the same

Bleh, I have to say I'm holding a bit of a heavy heart after not hearing anything from UofT and there being no change on Acorn. Witnessing how gruelling this process can be for all of us, and definite

Posted Images

I have been waitlisted at UofT and still waiting to hear back from Windsor and York. Does anyone know when I should expect to hear back from Windsor and York? Also, does anyone know around what month UofT lets us know if we got out of the waitlist?

 

Thanks in advance

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kaur96 said:

I have been waitlisted at UofT and still waiting to hear back from Windsor and York. Does anyone know when I should expect to hear back from Windsor and York? Also, does anyone know around what month UofT lets us know if we got out of the waitlist?

 

Thanks in advance

For U of T you can get off the waitlist anytime between May and until September. I don't believe there is any sort of cut-off date before then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 11:34 AM, Danny11 said:

I don’t know much but I’ve read in past forums that it tends to move a lot since a lot of people apply to that program + msws. We have to accept by April 26th so there should be movement then. Apparently a good number of the class each year is from the waitlist, so there’s a good chance :) 

Great! Thanks for the info. Off to scour past forums for a better idea about dates!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! I spoke to Miljana at Laurier regarding the part time online MSW program and she said that this year there were 560 applicants which is their highest yet! She estimates that because of the high number of applicants the decision process will take quite some time and she doesn’t think Laurier will send out rejections/acceptances until July. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kaur96 said:

I have been waitlisted at UofT and still waiting to hear back from Windsor and York. Does anyone know when I should expect to hear back from Windsor and York? Also, does anyone know around what month UofT lets us know if we got out of the waitlist?

 

Thanks in advance

York they tried to do before may

Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend's classmate called York recently and they said that they are most likely going to waitlist applicants who have not received an acceptance into their Advanced Standing MSW.

Hopefully they accept more people who are awaiting a response. All the best to everyone! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mel _01 said:

Hey guys! I spoke to Miljana at Laurier regarding the part time online MSW program and she said that this year there were 560 applicants which is their highest yet! She estimates that because of the high number of applicants the decision process will take quite some time and she doesn’t think Laurier will send out rejections/acceptances until July. 

oh my gosh .... lol you think enough wishful thinking will make them expand the program just a tad 😅 Thanks for the info tho!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SC-MSW 2019 said:

My friend's classmate called York recently and they said that they are most likely going to waitlist applicants who have not received an acceptance into their Advanced Standing MSW.

Hopefully they accept more people who are awaiting a response. All the best to everyone! 

Thanks for the update. It seems like they waitlist quite a bit of people 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone! Hoping to hear opinions, pros/cons, and points of difference between U of T and Laurier’s 2 year MSW programs. Does anyone know if there’s a forum for this already? Would love to hear from both current students (what made you choose your program, what do you like/dislike about your program?), as well as people who are in the same boat (what points are you considering when making a decision?). I know they are both excellent schools and I am very grateful to have been accepted to both after being waitlisted last year, just feeling unsure about next steps and wanting to make my decision sooner than later so I’m not holding a spot from a deserving person on the wait list. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Socwrk2 said:

Thanks for the update. It seems like they waitlist quite a bit of people 

No problem.

It unfortunately seems like they waitlist a lot of people. I know around 180 people applied to York's Advanced Standing MSW this year.

Hopefully you and others are accepted soon!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got into U of Windsor! I am so very happy! What a whirlwind of emotions!

I was accepted into U of Calgary, U of Windsor and Wilfrid Laurier and waitlisted at U of Toronto. I will be starting my MSW in U of Calgary cause that's where I live! So two lucky people for U of Windsor and Wilfrid Laurier will get my spots as I will be refusing the offers! Good luck to everyone! 

For U of C MSW Foundations...where are my people at?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 3:17 AM, kaur96 said:

I have been waitlisted at UofT and still waiting to hear back from Windsor and York. Does anyone know when I should expect to hear back from Windsor and York? Also, does anyone know around what month UofT lets us know if we got out of the waitlist?

 

Thanks in advance

Did u hear bk from York? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, gradstudiescan said:

I got into U of Windsor! I am so very happy! What a whirlwind of emotions!

I was accepted into U of Calgary, U of Windsor and Wilfrid Laurier and waitlisted at U of Toronto. I will be starting my MSW in U of Calgary cause that's where I live! So two lucky people for U of Windsor and Wilfrid Laurier will get my spots as I will be refusing the offers! Good luck to everyone! 

For U of C MSW Foundations...where are my people at?

Wow, congratulations! 

I'm still waiting on U of Windsor and I'm wondering did you apply to the 2 year MSW or the advanced standing? 

Best of luck at U of Calgary :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 3:17 AM, kaur96 said:

I have been waitlisted at UofT and still waiting to hear back from Windsor and York. Does anyone know when I should expect to hear back from Windsor and York? Also, does anyone know around what month UofT lets us know if we got out of the waitlist?

 

Thanks in advance

Hi there, 

I heard back from Windsor yesterday! UofT said in their waitlist letter that applicants could be accepted as late as September, but to accept other offers if you get them. I was waitlisted at UofT last year and this year and honestly, I'm not holding my breath that I'll get off the list- I think they just have so many people on there and I think earlier in this forum, someone spoke about how they select the applicants to accept off the waitlist based on the characteristics of the applicant that refused them. So you would have to be similar to the person not accepting their spot in order to get in off the waitlist. I don't know how true this is but it makes sense given that they say that the waitlist isn't ranked.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone!

Congratulations on everyone's acceptances thus far. For people who have been waitlisted, do not loose hope! There is still time to hear back.

I am currently working part-time at my work and have a lot of time on my hands. If anyone wants feedback on their applications or want insight about it, feel free to message me! I was accepted at UofC, UofT and UofVic (but rejected at Carleton and York). I had a lot of feedback on my applications and I found this to be very useful in my success. Just want to pay it forward to to other people, if they want feedback as well! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, f*ckthepatriarchy said:

Hi there, 

I heard back from Windsor yesterday! UofT said in their waitlist letter that applicants could be accepted as late as September, but to accept other offers if you get them. I was waitlisted at UofT last year and this year and honestly, I'm not holding my breath that I'll get off the list- I think they just have so many people on there and I think earlier in this forum, someone spoke about how they select the applicants to accept off the waitlist based on the characteristics of the applicant that refused them. So you would have to be similar to the person not accepting their spot in order to get in off the waitlist. I don't know how true this is but it makes sense given that they say that the waitlist isn't ranked.

 

21 hours ago, gradstudiescan said:

I got into U of Windsor! I am so very happy! What a whirlwind of emotions!

I was accepted into U of Calgary, U of Windsor and Wilfrid Laurier and waitlisted at U of Toronto. I will be starting my MSW in U of Calgary cause that's where I live! So two lucky people for U of Windsor and Wilfrid Laurier will get my spots as I will be refusing the offers! Good luck to everyone! 

For U of C MSW Foundations...where are my people at?

Congratulations on being accepted to Windsor! :) Did you apply to the two-year program or advanced standing? The faculty of graduate studies asked me for another transcript on Friday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2019 at 8:14 AM, WaitingEndlessly said:

Did u hear bk from York? 

No, I haven't 😕 It still says "No Decision- currently under consideration". Also, Windsor uni still says "Waiting for confidential reports" so I'm not sure what's going on. 

Edited by kaur96
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.