Music Fall 2019 applicants

klavierstucke

On 1/12/2019 at 7:22 PM, Parsifal said:

Congrats!  DMA or MM?  Wish I could say the same

Thanks! MM.

I was told that non-Juilliard graduates will have hard time being accepted to their DMA. So I wouldn't take their rejection as a too meaningful one...

8 hours ago, Omer.B said:

Thanks! MM.

I was told that non-Juilliard graduates will have hard time being accepted to their DMA. So I wouldn't take their rejection as a too meaningful one...

Yeah this has been confirmed to me by many including their own faculty, so it's annoying but understood.  

3 hours ago, musician94 said:

I actually know of one Cambridge acceptance. 

Oh, wow! Were they an American Gates Scholarship applicant? Myself and one of my friends here got our invites yesterday.

8 hours ago, Musica said:

Oh, wow! Were they an American Gates Scholarship applicant? Myself and one of my friends here got our invites yesterday.

I have no clue! He’s a mutual friend of mine who posted on fb. Congrats on the invitation! 

2 hours ago, musician94 said:

Just received my acceptance from UC Berkeley!

Same ? congratulations!

re: follow-ups, if you had a point of contact, it would be good to follow up to thank them and maybe ask a new question about the program if not too much time has passed. If it has been notably more, I would not unless you have an offer already that is being pushy or a time-sensitive scholarship to accept. 

Guest barkin62
14 hours ago, Musica said:

Also: I know of at least one Harvard and CUNY theory interview invite.

There are two CUNY Theory interview invites that've been in the results page for a while now, no?

22 hours ago, musician94 said:

Just received my acceptance from UC Berkeley!

19 hours ago, Musica said:

Same ? congratulations! 

Congratulations, both of you :) Great news!

Guest barkin62

The results page shows an interview at UChicago, anyone know what that's about? Usually they don't do interviews, and they'd've sent out results by now.

7 minutes ago, barkin62 said:

The results page shows an interview at UChicago, anyone know what that's about? Usually they don't do interviews, and they'd've sent out results by now.

That is not for the “normal” program. It is a joint one with the theatre studies (I believe) department. 

Guest barkin62
1 hour ago, Musica said:

That is not for the “normal” program. It is a joint one with the theatre studies (I believe) department. 

I know it's with the new TAPS thing, but presumably it implies something about the music department's opinions? And previous TAPS results don't show interviews?

But yeah the TAPS thing is too new to probably be able to say anything intelligent.

Not to read tea leaves, but I wonder if their priority in looking at TAPS apps with the e-mail we received on Jan 3 saying we should hear "by the middle of Feb" means results will come a bit later this year than in previous yrs.

everyone's semester off to a good start? if you're still in school?

1 hour ago, klavierstucke said:

Not to read tea leaves, but I wonder if their priority in looking at TAPS apps with the e-mail we received on Jan 3 saying we should hear "by the middle of Feb" means results will come a bit later this year than in previous yrs.

everyone's semester off to a good start? if you're still in school?

I think that was a generic Humanities email, but most movement should happen within the next four weeks. This term is so busy for me, but I already have two paid campus visits involving 14 hour flights, so it will be quite an adventurous one

Edited by Musica