2019 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

carboniscool

Hey guys .....

The universities where I have applied for PhD in Bio related fields are as per the following template with the name of the program. I haven't received an update from any as of now, but I m just hoping that something will work out.

Name - 

Program (Decision)

My universities for Fall 2019 are -

1. New York University, New York City in New York (NY)

Biomedical Graduate Studies PhD Open Program (Nothing as yet)

2. University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania (PA)

Interdisciplinary Biomedical Graduate Program (IBGP) (Nothing as yet)

3. University of Alabama, Birmingham in Alabama (AL)

Pathobiology and Molecular Medicine (Nothing as yet)

4. University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia in Pennsylvania (PA)

Biomedical Graduate Studies (BGS) Program, Immunology (Nothing as yet)

5. University of Georgia, Athens in Georgia (GA)

Integrated Life Sciences (Nothing as yet)

6. Emory University, Atlanta in Georgia (GA)

Immunology and Molecular Pathogenesis (IMP) and Microbiology and Molecular Genetics (MMG) (Nothing as yet)

7. University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill in North Carolina (NC)

Biological and Biomedical Science Program (BBSP) (Nothing as yet)

8. University of Minnesota, Twin Cities in Minnesota (MN)

Microbiology, Immunology and Cancer Biology (Nothing as yet)

9. University of Virginia, Charlottesville in Virginia (VA)

Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program (BIMS) (Nothing as yet)

10. Vanderbilt University, Nashville in Tennessee (TN)

Interdisciplinary Graduate Program (Nothing as yet)

11. University of Chicago, Chicago in Illinois (IL)

Biomedical Sciences (Nothing as yet)

Hoping for the best!

Hello! I noticed UNC's BBSP sent out two waves of interview notifications. I was wondering what departments the people who got interviews applied for. I am curious if different departments' admissions committees within BBSP notify applicants separately or does BBSP have its own separate committee. Thank you! 

49 minutes ago, biol44 said:

Does anyone know if Harvard BMS or UCSF Tetrad sent out interviews? It looks like both programs generally send interviews on the Friday of last week.

I've applied to TETRAD and have not yet heard anything, if that helps.

On 12/15/2018 at 5:07 PM, MahmoudA said:

Hello! I noticed UNC's BBSP sent out two waves of interview notifications. I was wondering what departments the people who got interviews applied for. I am curious if different departments' admissions committees within BBSP notify applicants separately or does BBSP have its own separate committee. Thank you! 

I got an email on the 14th. I applied by the priority deadline and am interested in molecular/cell biology, but I also have a friend that does bioinformatics and got an email on Friday too.

10 hours ago, biol44 said:

Does anyone know if Harvard BMS or UCSF Tetrad sent out interviews? It looks like both programs generally send interviews on the Friday of last week.

hi biol44, 

Right, they always send interviews for Harvard BBS on Friday of last week. It could be that they already sent the invites but nobody posted...

10 minutes ago, maya123z said:

I got an invite on Saturday. My specialization is neurobiology though.

Thanks! Yeah, I was hoping to gauge whether all BMS invites were sent out or just specific concentrations. Still holding out a sliver of hope 

On 12/15/2018 at 10:19 AM, BDancey said:

Anybody hear back from Icahn SOM at Mount Sinai (Biomedical science)? They usually send out their interview invitations around December 12.

I applied there too and haven't heard anything back, but it looks like someone just posted in the results section that they got an interview invite today.

Edited by Renalee

1 minute ago, alias155 said:

Looks like Icahn SOM sent out interview invites...Didn't get one though ?  Does anybody know if they are sending invites out for both biomedical sciences and neuroscience or just biomedical sciences right now?  

I just got an invite and I just applied to Biomedical Sciences.

24 minutes ago, Renalee said:

I just got an invite and I just applied to Biomedical Sciences.

Congratulations!!! I am applying for the Neurosciences PhD so i am still holding out a tiny sliver of hope that they're only blasting out the biomedical results as of right now.

Just got a call from Duke to switch my application from the Biology PhD to University Program in Genetics and Genomics (UPGG). I have an interview last week of January!
I was a little surprised but I do think the UPGG program will be a better fit and offers more flexibility and funding. 

Did anyone else apply to Harvard Virology? I haven’t received an update on my application from the program. I’ve thought of emailing the program but I’d like to first see if anyone else on the forum has received an interview invitation.

On 12/12/2018 at 11:08 PM, MLC2019 said:

Has anyone who did not apply by the priority deadlines heard back from Vanderbilt or UNC Chapel Hill?

I know Vandy's deadline was this Saturday so I don't know if they were contacting people before that. I haven't heard anything.