2019 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

carboniscool

23 minutes ago, Manilo said:

Does someone know anything about Rockefeller and Weill Cornell? 

I applied to Rockefeller and haven't heard back. I think they said somewhere they would send out invites at the end of December?

On 12/15/2018 at 12:23 AM, cbt25 said:

I am curious as well about Vanderbilt IGP. I have not seen anyone post results about the program but their website states they start reviewing every Monday starting December 1st?

Also, I applied to UNC and have not heard back. Not feeling to great after seeing two big round of interviews go out.

If you're an international student, you may be glad to know that most international applications had not been reviewed as of last week due to a problem receiving TOEFL scores from ETS. Notice that all interview calls posted here are from American students. I am hoping that international applicants will be called by Friday.

41 minutes ago, sbaringer said:

FYI, Boston U PiBS sent out emails for invites by mistake and are trying to sort out who was supposed to actually get one. This is fine. I am fine. Everything is fine. 

Really, do you know if BU PiBS sends out all invites at once though?

28 minutes ago, MLC2019 said:

Does anyone know when UW MCB typically extends interview invitations?

I applied to UW MCB too but haven't heard back. Do you know if they have already sent out invitations? Couldn't find any post about it.

Has anyone heard from UCLA Biosciences (Cell & Developmental Biology) and Harvard BBS?

Edited by Hamsterball

36 minutes ago, Hamsterball said:

I applied to UW MCB too but haven't heard back. Do you know if they have already sent out invitations? Couldn't find any post about it.

Has anyone heard from UCLA Biosciences (Cell & Developmental Biology) and Harvard BBS?

Just received a UCLA Biosci. Cell & Developmental Bio interview invite.

3 minutes ago, bolicks said:

Just received a UCLA Biosci. Cell & Developmental Bio interview invite.

Thank you for your reply! May I ask was it an email or phone call?

Seem like some people have already heard back from UW MCB and Northwestern Driskill too. I guess no luck for me!

At least I got invitations from several great schools. Still very thankful!

2 minutes ago, Hamsterball said:

Thank you for your reply! May I ask was it an email or phone call?

Seem like some people have already heard back from UW MCB and Northwestern Driskill too. I guess no luck for me!

At least I got invitations from several great schools. Still very thankful!

Got it as an e-mail. I haven't heard back from UW MCDB either :(

2 minutes ago, bolicks said:

Got it as an e-mail. I haven't heard back from UW MCDB either :(

Congrats on the UCLA interview!! It's a great school too!

I really want to visit UW for their interviews too. I sent an email asking if they usually do extended interview invitation. Will definitely update here after they have replied.

I'm 1/18 - that too it was a skype interview. I think I've missed the boat for a few. Time to pray. Waiting on:

Penn (CAMB), UNC (BBSP), UW (MCB), CSHL, JHU(CMM/genetics), GAtech(bioninformatics), BU(bioinformatics), Northwestern(DPG), Harvard(BPH), MIT(Biology), UToronto(biophysics), Sackler Tufts(Genetics), Sackler NYU, Rutgers (cell & dev. biol), cornell(physiology and tri-i CMB), UVA(BIMS), Icahn MSSM(biomedical)

Please share any updates y'all might have

11 minutes ago, maya123z said:

Just got an interview for UCSD BMS! They're still making calls so keep your phone nearby.

Congrats!!! Question: how are you dealing with scheduling your interviews? If so many interviews I feel like some would fall in the same weekend. Have you had to decline any? Or do you wait to hear back from all schools first?  How long do you wait to let them know that you will be coming for an interview? I've received three invitations, but already have to turn down one because of time conflict. :(

3 minutes ago, EAbiology said:

Congrats!!! Question: how are you dealing with scheduling your interviews? If so many interviews I feel like some would fall in the same weekend. Have you had to decline any? Or do you wait to hear back from all schools first?  How long do you wait to let them know that you will be coming for an interview? I've received three invitations, but already have to turn down one because of time conflict. :(

Yeah in this case UCSD's two options overlap with UNC and Scripps. My interview with UNC is confirmed while Scripps won't send invites until January. If I get an interivew from Scripps I'll probably decline in favor of UCSD.

Of course, I also applied to the neuro program at UCSD, so I have no idea what I'll do if I get an interview for both programs. I guess I'll probably just pick whichever I prefer. Going to two interviews at the same school seems like a lot.

47 minutes ago, y123 said:

I'm 1/18 - that too it was a skype interview. I think I've missed the boat for a few. Time to pray. Waiting on:

Penn (CAMB), UNC (BBSP), UW (MCB), CSHL, JHU(CMM/genetics), GAtech(bioninformatics), BU(bioinformatics), Northwestern(DPG), Harvard(BPH), MIT(Biology), UToronto(biophysics), Sackler Tufts(Genetics), Sackler NYU, Rutgers (cell & dev. biol), cornell(physiology and tri-i CMB), UVA(BIMS), Icahn MSSM(biomedical)

Please share any updates y'all might have

I got an interview from Harvard BPH on Dec 7th (call followed by an email).

1 minute ago, Hamsterball said:

I got an interview from Harvard BPH on Dec 7th (call followed by an email).

Thanks! When do you visit? I've heard they have only one round of interviews, Good luck!