2019 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

carboniscool

On 12/13/2018 at 9:38 AM, MLC2019 said:

Has anyone who did not apply by the priority deadlines heard back from Vanderbilt or UNC Chapel Hill?

Not heard from any as yet.

15 hours ago, y123 said:

I'm 1/18 - that too it was a skype interview. I think I've missed the boat for a few. Time to pray. Waiting on:

Penn (CAMB), UNC (BBSP), UW (MCB), CSHL, JHU(CMM/genetics), GAtech(bioninformatics), BU(bioinformatics), Northwestern(DPG), Harvard(BPH), MIT(Biology), UToronto(biophysics), Sackler Tufts(Genetics), Sackler NYU, Rutgers (cell & dev. biol), cornell(physiology and tri-i CMB), UVA(BIMS), Icahn MSSM(biomedical)

Please share any updates y'all might have

Received the interview from NU DPG yesterday. Still waiting for Harvard, MIT, Columbia, UPenn, NYU and Cornell. 

10 hours ago, Josh1964 said:

Yeah just the umbrella program with no indicated specialties. You got invited for immunology?

It was the Integrated Program in Cellular, Molecular and Biomedical Studies. I got invited for that program with a specialization in Microbiology and Immunology since I indicated that on my application as my preferred track.

17 minutes ago, biggielarges said:

I have gotten interview invites to a few places:

Penn BGS (Immunology)
Yale BBS (Micro)
UChicago BMS (Immunology)
Northwestern DGP (Immunology)
University of Washington MCB

So excited!!

Congratulations! What time did you receive the UW MCB invitation?

19 hours ago, maya123z said:

Yeah in this case UCSD's two options overlap with UNC and Scripps. My interview with UNC is confirmed while Scripps won't send invites until January. If I get an interivew from Scripps I'll probably decline in favor of UCSD.

Of course, I also applied to the neuro program at UCSD, so I have no idea what I'll do if I get an interview for both programs. I guess I'll probably just pick whichever I prefer. Going to two interviews at the same school seems like a lot.

What are the interview dates for Scripps? I haven't been able to find them anywhere 

On 12/17/2018 at 10:33 PM, neuranxiety said:

UCSD biological sciences came out today as well!

Is this the same as the Biology PhD program or the BMS program? there seems to be 3 types of bio programs for ucsd in the results page lol

1 hour ago, BioFrost said:

Im seeing some people from UCLA chemistry programs getting admissions. Do they not have to interview or did their application wow the adcomms?

I got the UCLA chem admission last year. Chem programs usually don't require interviews, so they give offers directly.

1 hour ago, _kb said:

Is this the same as the Biology PhD program or the BMS program? there seems to be 3 types of bio programs for ucsd in the results page lol

BMS is separate from biological sciences. Pretty sure biology and biological sciences are the same.

Edited by maya123z

1 minute ago, maya123z said:

BMS is separate from biological sciences. Pretty sure biology and biological sciences are the same.

gotcha, i think the one person who put on the results page from "the division of biological sciences" meant the BMS program since there arent any other biology invites posted, phew. 

2 hours ago, phillybio said:

Has anyone heard from Brandeis Molecular and Cell Biology? I saw one post in the results but it's from a few weeks ago and no one has posted since. Thank you!

I haven't received anything yet:unsure:. I am an international student.