2019 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

carboniscool

16 hours ago, Birdman3000 said:

@DevoLevo Was your invite a skype interview or a weekend visit? Also, which department did you apply to? I applied to CMB and am still waiting to hear back for a weekend invite. Thanks!!

Its a weekend visit - I'm here this weekend actually. I think they have three different visiting weekends for molecular biosciences though. 

12 hours ago, KillKras said:

Does anyone know if NYU or Weill Cornell are done sending interviews?

I believe NYU Sackler is (I got an interview invitation this Tuesday). Weill Cornell idk, you can email them and ask, I know I am on the waitlist for Weill Cornell, they're pretty responsive!

Also, does anyone know the % of acceptance after interview that Columbia Biomedical Sciences has?? I know that some schools such as UPenn, if you are invited to interview then you're pretty much in, but I also know it is not like this for all schools. I was wondering about Columbia, does anyone know? I can't find it on the website either! thanks

12 hours ago, y123 said:

Umm two business days till the cornell interview and they havent sent me who I'm interviewing with. Anyone else in the same spot?

From my understanding, they are giving us the interview list the day we check in. I have heard some schools do this so people don't have too much time to prep. But I'm also in the same position

13 hours ago, KillKras said:

Does anyone know if NYU or Weill Cornell are done sending interviews?

For Weill, it seems like if you aren't already on the waitlist, you likely will not get an interview. Also, the interview days are in less than a week. Best of luck with all of your other interviews and acceptances!!

1 minute ago, biomed_gal said:

For Weill, it seems like if you aren't already on the waitlist, you likely will not get an interview. Also, the interview days are in less than a week. Best of luck with all of your other interviews and acceptances!!

Hey! How many interview weekends do they have and when are they? I love their program but I have interviews pretty much all February, so I am scared that if I end up getting off the waitlist I won't be able to attend (also, do you know if realistically there's any chance of getting off the waitlist?). I applied for Pharmacology. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, CancerBiology said:

Hey! How many interview weekends do they have and when are they? I love their program but I have interviews pretty much all February, so I am scared that if I end up getting off the waitlist I won't be able to attend (also, do you know if realistically there's any chance of getting off the waitlist?). I applied for Pharmacology. Thanks!

For pharmacology, they only listed one interview date which is Jan 23-25. Not sure how their waitlist works. Best of luck to you!

4 minutes ago, CancerBiology said:

I have no idea for Pharmacology, I was invited to interview for Physiology, Biophysics & Systems Biology Program (PBSB). The only interview option for this program is Wednesday, January 23 through Friday, January 25. I would ask them where you are on the waitlist if I were you, I assume it depends on the program.

1 minute ago, burritolibido said:

For pharmacology, they only listed one interview date which is Jan 23-25. Not sure how their waitlist works. Best of luck to you!

Thanks for the info! Maybe they will do a second round for people on the waitlist? Depending on how many people they think are gonna enroll? I have no idea tbh. But best of luck if you have one interview there!

2 minutes ago, biomed_gal said:

I have no idea for Pharmacology, I was invited to interview for Physiology, Biophysics & Systems Biology Program (PBSB). The only interview option for this program is Wednesday, January 23 through Friday, January 25. I would ask them where you are on the waitlist if I were you, I assume it depends on the program.

Congrats! And that is actually a very good idea. I just don't want to sound annoying, since I have contacted the program already. Also, I believe your interview weekend is the same as Pharmacology. Best of luck with your interviews and please post your experiences!

1 hour ago, biomed_gal said:

1 hour ago, CancerBiology said:

How did you find out that you were on the waitlist? I haven't heard anything. I wish they would just tell me already if they were going to reject me lol

20 hours ago, y123 said:

Umm two business days till the cornell interview and they havent sent me who I'm interviewing with. Anyone else in the same spot?

7 hours ago, biomed_gal said:

From my understanding, they are giving us the interview list the day we check in. I have heard some schools do this so people don't have too much time to prep. But I'm also in the same position

This. You'll find out day of. 

On 1/12/2019 at 4:37 PM, BrdNerd said:

Anyone hear from EEB or CEB? I accidentally stumbled into a lit PhD results page where they were discussing fake early results in the results section. The results section said invited were sent out 12/15 and they’re only taking 4 people. Holding out hope that’s not true!

The EEB/CEB invites have been sent out. 17 invites for 5 spots! I applied for CEB but all of communication I’ve received has said EEB for some reason