PHD Applicants: Fall 2019

dreams1214

10 hours ago, greenturtle said:

Does anyone know if UNC Health Behavior admits students without interviews? I am worried because I've seen others posting that they were interviewed in late January, and I was never contacted for an interview. Do I still have a shot, or am I probably going to be rejected?

It may differ by department? I was admitted into epi and did not have an interview. However, I did visit the school myself and speak with faculty before applying

11 hours ago, PHApplicant said:

Hi. I saw someone post a result for an offer from Umich today. Would you mind sharing what track are you in? And did the email come from the graduate school as an official acceptance letter? Thank you so much!!!

I wasn't the person who posted, but I'm in epi and received an email directly from the school of public health. It was not a generic email, so maybe they're just gradually sending them out. Best of luck!

On 2/21/2019 at 1:12 AM, Epidem2019 said:

Did any other Epi folks receive word on UW funding? I got an email letting me know I was in line to be matched for an RA position for first quarter, should I choose to go, and the research seems right in line with my interests! I'm wondering if other folks got the impression that these matches were likely to continue on to subsequent quarters, or were a little "bait and switch" to set us up nicely for first quarter and leave us to find our own from there. Hoping for the former!

Hi,

Have you received an official acceptance from WashU? Did you interview? I've not heard back from them at all.

38 minutes ago, KiwiMonica said:

Hi,

Have you received an official acceptance from WashU? Did you interview? I've not heard back from them at al

WashU = Washington University in St. Louis (in Missouri) [I think their public health school is called the Brown School, which is not the same at Brown University School of Public Health in Providence, RI]

UW = University of Washington (in Washington) 

These are totally different schools! Just wanted to clear up that confusion and hopefully allay some fear.

4 hours ago, cheesefries said:

From my understanding, they only consider from those they interviewed :( ... best of luck to you though. At the end of the day it all comes down to faculty fit, don't let it get you down!

Did they specify this during the interview? I met with a faculty member before applying, so I'm hoping I still have a chance because of that... But at this point, since I thankfully have another offer, I would just love to find out either way!! 

54 minutes ago, cheesefries said:

Just an update for those wondering about UNC Health Behavior - I sent them an email asking about application status and I received the following:

We will be finalizing admissions decisions shortly and hope to begin sending decisions towards the middle of next week.

Best of luck everyone!!!

You just saved me DAYS of compulsively checking my e-mail and Gradcafe. Thank you so much for this! 

31 minutes ago, Epidemiology19 said:

Did you end up hearing back from Yale? I was hoping that they would send out the decisions today (I guess there's still some time)

Not yet! I’ve been compulsively checking all day. I did receive some good but slightly cryptic feedback from someone I interviewed with yesterday so I’m dying to get the official notice!! 

23 minutes ago, epiapplicant2019 said:

Not yet! I’ve been compulsively checking all day. I did receive some good but slightly cryptic feedback from someone I interviewed with yesterday so I’m dying to get the official notice!! 

22 minutes ago, apex45 said:

5:04 EST and I also have not heard from Yale. 

Please, Ivy league gods, end my misery now.

I've been checking all day too! Guess it will be next week then. Have a great weekend, everyone!

On 2/19/2019 at 11:15 PM, epihope said:

For UCLA applicants, I sent an email asking about application status and I received the following: 

The Department is finalizing its decisions on applications to its doctoral program. Applicants recommended for admission may expect a preliminary notification from the School this week.

I haven' t receive anything till now. Does this mean I have already been rejected? I think they do know everyone's application status. They could just tell me whether I have been rejected.

Best of Luck Everyone!!!

8 hours ago, apex45 said:

WashU = Washington University in St. Louis (in Missouri) [I think their public health school is called the Brown School, which is not the same at Brown University School of Public Health in Providence, RI]

UW = University of Washington (in Washington) 

These are totally different schools! Just wanted to clear up that confusion and hopefully allay some fear.

Hi, I’m sure you’re just trying to be helpful but that’s really patronizing. If I’ve spent money and time applying to a school, I know what school it actually is. 

11 hours ago, Epidemiology19 said:

I wasn't the person who posted, but I'm in epi and received an email directly from the school of public health. It was not a generic email, so maybe they're just gradually sending them out. Best of luck!

Thank you for letting me know. Hopefully I could receive good news early next week since it is my top choice. 

1 hour ago, CaribbeanFoodie said:

Hi, I’m sure you’re just trying to be helpful but that’s really patronizing. If I’ve spent money and time applying to a school, I know what school it actually is. 

This was actually a legitimate clarification that was being made due to a seemingly genuine mix-up between the two in response to one of my posts. Thank you for clarifying before I could chime in, @apex45!

Hi all -  I've been MIA to deal with my GradCafe obsession and just now seeing questions about Washington University in St. Louis (WUSTL).

I was invited for Interview Weekend which was early Feb but I couldn't attend due to conflict. A video and phone interview were arranged with POIs. I got an acceptance letter last week. 

Edited by Akee

30 minutes ago, epidjyaku said:

Just got rejected from Michigan Epidemiology - especially disappointed because I was invited to the interview. Anywho, congrats to those got accepted and a pat on the back for ppl like me!

keep going! rejections do not define us :)

A kind message from someone who is *still* waiting from all the unis 

49 minutes ago, epidjyaku said:

Just got rejected from Michigan Epidemiology - especially disappointed because I was invited to the interview. Anywho, congrats to those got accepted and a pat on the back for ppl like me!

I’m sorry! But I’m sure you’ll end up somewhere awesome :)

also interviewed and haven’t heard anything so expecting it’s a no...

Anyone else applied to Harvard Health Policy and Stanford Health Policy and still waiting to hear back?

For harvard I had interviews in early February and getting impatient since it looks like in previous years, they had sent out decisions by now!

For stanford I didn't get an interview so assuming it's a rejection, but I saw some people on the results page received rejections almost 2 weeks ago so wondering if anyone else is also still waiting?