2019 Applicants

@mandelbulb right, but I mean the "Admission Decision" box. It's empty on mine, but newly showed up immediately to the right of the "No Decision" box. Do you see that too? My thought is, if I'm not getting in, why would that box show up. You see what I mean? It could mean nothing/show up for everyone. I was jw 

@WildeingOut it sounds like the standard platform, which most schools have some version of. The change was probably prompted by a forward of apps to the adcomm. When the time comes, you'll have a proper letter in one, and a simple 'accepted' or 'rejected' or whatever showing up in the other.

1 hour ago, Bopie5 said:

!!! Omg! I'm so glad you came here to talk about this album because it is EVERYTHING. I saw Phoebe Bridgers open for The National this fall and I wasn't familiar before but IMMEDIATELY was hooked. She's a genius!

Oh wow you're so lucky—I love The National as well. Have you listened to the boygenius album by Phoebe Bridgers, Lucy Dacus, and Julien Baker? I was hoping they might tour together again but no such luck for now. 

59 minutes ago, bluelight said:

Oh wow you're so lucky—I love The National as well. Have you listened to the boygenius album by Phoebe Bridgers, Lucy Dacus, and Julien Baker? I was hoping they might tour together again but no such luck for now. 

of course!!! I LOVE boygenius. Went through a particularly painful heartbreak in September, and Me & My Dog was really the song of that time for me...no lyric can quite capture how it felt more than "I wanna be emaciated / I wanna hear one song without thinking of you". Truly all of them are so talented. Would love to see them tour, but alas...

24 minutes ago, mwils15 said:

I hate to be the person that introduces ~yet another~ tangent in one 24 hour period, but did anyone else see the Drag Race season 11 cast announcement today?

i hadn't but now i have and i am only 500% excited lol you?

13 minutes ago, pdh12 said:

@mwils15 is it just me or was all that rule suspension last ep. just for ru to get latrice back on?

i’m so hoping monet makes it to the end.

One can also argue that it was to save Valentina from being eliminated depending on which way you look at the circumstances. I don't envy the queen that sends her home.

To the above posters, I think the rule suspension came at a convenient time inasmuch as it saved Valentina. I thought the double win lip sync should have been Naomi and Gia, but I think the Latrice lip sync was a close second. I’m struggling with Latrice at the moment because she is coming off as way more condescending in this season than in her original season. She has this air about her like she’s above the fray somehow even though everyone remaining has outperformed her so far. My top two right now are Manila and Monet/Trinity. I’ll stan Manila Luzon until I die.

As for season 11, I’m most excited for Silky, Yvie, and Nina!! Anyone else have any early faves?

Edited by mwils15

right! it's indelibly not-for-nothin that her elimination got so summarily brushed off....do her fantasies dictate our realm???

@mwils15 mainly, i'm a lil disappointed in latrice's lack of comedy graces--for me it's humor genius over everything.

Edited by pdh12

6 hours ago, dangermouse said:

my undergrad institution is where they keep jeremy bentham's beautiful mummified corpse on display. i still think about him wistfully sometimes - we shared a lot of good memories, him encased in his glass cabinet, me proudly showing him off to uneasy prospective students...

woah i just listened to a podcast about this! so cool. were you ever on the twitter feed?

15 hours ago, dangermouse said:

my undergrad institution is where they keep jeremy bentham's beautiful mummified corpse on display. i still think about him wistfully sometimes - we shared a lot of good memories, him encased in his glass cabinet, me proudly showing him off to uneasy prospective students...

omg did you go to ucl? i did my study abroad at kcl, so i guess i'm pledging my allegiance to the camp that had once kidnapped (dead) jeremy bentham's head ?

9 hours ago, stressbot3000 said:

woah i just listened to a podcast about this! so cool. were you ever on the twitter feed?

i probably was - everyone used to mill around the cabinet at odd hours because an update was posted every ten minutes with a photo, so i'm sure i was there somewhere!

12 minutes ago, flungoutofspace said:

omg did you go to ucl? i did my study abroad at kcl, so i guess i'm pledging my allegiance to the camp that had once kidnapped (dead) jeremy bentham's head ?

i did! i'm sorry we now have to be bloodsworn enemies, but on the bright side i absolutely delight in retelling the rumour that kcl used bentham's head as a football and now it's too hideous to display to the public. most students when i show them jezza just looked appalled, but i did a campus tour for some 11 year olds once and one student asked me 'aren't you ever worried he's going to follow you home one night?' ?

1 hour ago, dangermouse said:

i did! i'm sorry we now have to be bloodsworn enemies, but on the bright side i absolutely delight in retelling the rumour that kcl used bentham's head as a football and now it's too hideous to display to the public. most students when i show them jezza just looked appalled, but i did a campus tour for some 11 year olds once and one student asked me 'aren't you ever worried he's going to follow you home one night?' ?

yikes, does the kid know something that we don't?