2019 Applicants

9 minutes ago, WildeThing said:

Anyone else waiting on Boston College? Expected to hear back by now and dunno if nothing is because there have been no news or because it's such a small cohort that no one accepted is on here.

I'm still waiting to hear from them, too. 

1 hour ago, mandelbulb said:

looks like UT Austin rejections might be rolling through? keep your heads up!

Yep, I just heard I’m out. Not surprised after all the acceptances yesterday. Not too down about it though, actually just relieved to know for sure on something!

does anyone here subscribe to the enneagram? (aka my favourite of all 'personality' 'tests') my daily update feels like a pretty strong condemnation of me choosing to spend my time daydreaming about grad school rather than, you know, actually reading or engaging in research:

Remember that Fours can spend their time dreaming about their talents and the masterworks they will create instead of developing their real skills. Watch for this tendency in yourself today.

do i HAVE any real skills? it seems unlikely.

Edited by dangermouse
some of my text turned emergency red for an ominous reason...

5 hours ago, kendalldinniene said:

Just realized on the results page (reporting my rejection) I inverted my verbal and quant scores and I’m just unreasonably embarrassed ? ? ? 

I was looking at this last night with my partner and so confused. I was like, "this English Ph.D person scored in the 99th percentile in quant and written, but like 70th in Verbal. That's weird as fuck." But then I gave it a thought and figured you'd inverted them!

Guys UChicago is closed today because of the polar vortex (feels like is -43 ?)... so I'm thinking none of us are getting congratulatory calls/emails from the Dean today. 

Frankly, all of this is giving me doubts about moving to Chicago anyway. 

5 hours ago, dangermouse said:

does anyone here subscribe to the enneagram? (aka my favourite of all 'personality' 'tests') my daily update feels like a pretty strong condemnation of me choosing to spend my time daydreaming about grad school rather than, you know, actually reading or engaging in research:

I also use the enneagram! It's my favorite personality test too. AND I'm also a Four, and have been feeling soooo called out by the EnneaThought of the day recently!

11 minutes ago, bardie said:

Guys UChicago is closed today because of the polar vortex (feels like is -43 ?)... so I'm thinking none of us are getting congratulatory calls/emails from the Dean today. 

Frankly, all of this is giving me doubts about moving to Chicago anyway. 

i've been feeling the same ever since my mentor mentioned the polar vortex after i told him about my likely rejection from chicago. im not sure if it's self-consolatory or a genuinely practical concern, but i'll take it as long as it assuages my poor, sensitive heart ?

Edited by flungoutofspace