second call to the umass amherst acceptances! i'm dying to know your concentrations? i check my umass portal..oh, about 100 times a day. Been "under review" for a few days and am absolutely dying. I guess I'll know when I know! 

Trying to figure out how there have been acceptances and waitlists for Wisconsin for a while, now there seems to be some rejections, yet nothing on my end. Have I made the magical waitlist waitlist?

Those UCLA results :o

Watching out for my email and holding out for some semblance of hope. Fingers crossed for all of you.

That feeling when you accidentally copy and paste your email in the results forum... @Warelin can an admin remove?  

Is today over yet?

Edited by kendalldinniene

UCLA English admission statistics: https://grad.ucla.edu/programs/humanities/english/#program-statistics

There are already *4 out of what is approximately 24 on the board, so seems like a possible rejection :( At least we will know for sure soon; based on past UCLA English results, they actually send out rejections about a week after. 

Congrats to all the happy acceptances!!!

Edited by sugilite
Saw new result

2 hours ago, kendalldinniene said:

That feeling when you accidentally copy and paste your email in the results forum... @Warelin can an admin remove?  

Is today over yet?

Unfortunately, not something I have access to. If you report it though, an admin can take care of it. Alternatively, I think using the contact us forum and explaining the issue will also result in fast action. :)

38 minutes ago, Warelin said:

Unfortunately, not something I have access to. If you report it though, an admin can take care of it. Alternatively, I think using the contact us forum and explaining the issue will also result in fast action. :)

Thank you!

Officially a rejection from Chicago. My POI emailed me with a very kind note. I figured this was coming, but it still stings. I’m not sure if others have been rejected after an interview at Chicago, but it’s hard to not take it personally. 

I’m not planning on the rest of this cycle going well. Blargh. 

On 2/5/2019 at 3:10 PM, jadeisokay said:

i work at a hotel and hate it with all my heart, so plan is to move and do anything else for a year.

you a night auditor? i went through an application cycle as a night auditor at a hotel. 

When one of your POIs at Chicago is, in fact, Deborah Nelson and you're not quite sure whether to be pleased at her very complimentary email... rejecting you from the program to which you applied. ?

2 hours ago, latecalifornia said:

you a night auditor? i went through an application cycle as a night auditor at a hotel. 

yep! when i'm not haunting here or facebook, i'm over at /r/talesofthefrontdesk roasting folks. er, i mean, kissing the royal behinds of our most honored guests because making them happy makes me happy. 

1 hour ago, flungoutofspace said:

When one of your POIs at Chicago is, in fact, Deborah Nelson and you're not quite sure whether to be pleased at her very complimentary email... rejecting you from the program to which you applied. ?

yeah, daniel morgan from cinema wrote mine. i named robert bird as my main poi. i got the referral to maph, though, i guess. 

congrats to everyone getting acceptances and waitlists, btw. super excited for everyone!

Edited by jadeisokay

With another rejection, I’ve made my peace with this cycle. I have a few more programs to hear back from, so it’s not a shut out yet, but I’ve learned a lot this cycle. I think ultimately I just didn’t apply to the best programs *for me*. I’m going to do a better job next cycle on diversifying my applications to programs that are a better fit, and so much of the conversation here has helped me realize that not getting in isn’t the end of the world. It just means not yet.

Thanks so much, you guys, for maintaining a positive environment for everyone. I get so excited for those of you I’ve seen while lurking this past year when you get into programs you’re stoked for. Congratulations!

i regret not applying to Rochester visual studies. definitely doing that next cycle. i worry about having a year off and writing samples but still hoping I'm not a total shut out this year.

Claiming the UCLA waitlist just posted to the board, which was sent to me at 8:45 PCT last night. Feeling slightly validated but not really excited. The limbo is without end.  

Anyway, wanted to let you all know that it looks like the waitlist has gone out. Congrats to @sugilite and condolences to those who were rejected :/!

Edit: If anyone knows anything about UCLA's history of waitlist acceptances, I'd be interested to know. @Warelin might have some insight? 

Edited by bardie
Adding info

56 minutes ago, dilby said:

3 rejections in 24 hours. Ouch.

Same.

I especially enjoyed that three step process with random password I got to go through just to see my UCLA rejection ??.  Is this cycle over yet?

Anyone else here use tattoos as (one of) their form(s) of therapy? I'm getting one today and feeling like the timing couldn't be better. Nothing like a couple hours under the needle to make you forget about existential woes.