2019 Applicants

16 minutes ago, eddyrynes said:

Another NYU acceptance on the results board. Is it time to write them off as an implied rejection? ?

The fact that this was supposedly by email does not bode well for us.

Also, could everyone please be careful with posting questions in the results? If you have questions use the forum. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw Brown on the board but it was just someone waiting for a response.

1 minute ago, WildeThing said:

Also, could everyone please be careful with posting questions in the results? If you have questions use the forum. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw Brown on the board but it was just someone waiting for a response.

What s/he said. ?

1 hour ago, WildeThing said:

Although it does say that the actual email came on the 11th, so it could still have been a rogue POI rather than the admissions committee. Am I delusional?

1 minute ago, Bopie5 said:

Welp, the fact that Michigan and UCSB are having movement today is a vomit inducing bit of news to wake up to! Kind of my last shots. Fingers crossed but steeling for the worst.

Anxious as hell about Michigan too!  High hopes for good news for the both of us :)

4 minutes ago, placeinspace said:

god i hope my rejection from michigan comes today so i can have a good solid therapy session tonight where i hash out all my feelings of inadequacy without any blind hope hanging over me in the background

my rejection came 4 minutes after i posted this i am glad umich values my mental health

3 minutes ago, placeinspace said:

my rejection came 4 minutes after i posted this i am glad umich values my mental health

Same, just received my rejection e-mail.  Sad but feel relieved that they don't drag things along like a lot of the other programs I applied to.  This was the first notification I've heard from any of my schools and I appreciate Michigan's timeliness even though I'm disappointed to be rejected. 

2 minutes ago, arbie said:

Thinking of all the Michigan people today. 

Though, on a deeper level, I really have to respect a school who sends out all acceptances, rejections, and waitlists on the same day. 

I have more respect for Michigan because of this than all the other schools I applied to. Active communication is a sign they respect all their students, imo, which is to the credit of the program.

nothing from michigan english/women's studies - expected it to be separate, of course, but firmly glued to the edge of my seat now anyway... here's to hoping they're as kind with the simultaneous acceptances and rejections as the english department.

Got my rejection too. I appreciate it as well. Though I think Michigan is also the school that fucked up last year and sent retractions of acceptances. So if that's right then I still applaud them for the job this year, while not last year. 

1 hour ago, kendalldinniene said:

It’s my birthday today. I was supposed to go to SF with my bestie but she bailed last minute so I’m going to just stay in bed refreshing this page and my portals, the way birthdays were meant to be spent. 

Awww this hit me. My birthday is beginning of March and I literally feared this might happen. I feel for you!

1 hour ago, kendalldinniene said:

It’s my birthday today. I was supposed to go to SF with my bestie but she bailed last minute so I’m going to just stay in bed refreshing this page and my portals, the way birthdays were meant to be spent. 

Oh my god happy birthday! But seriously get out of bed and go celebrate. It is 60 degrees where you are, and where I am it is 10 degrees. Go for a hike, or drive to a good beach for walking. You must have another friend you can hit up for dinner and drinks! Get out, you will thank yourself for it. 

I'm sure you have a lot to celebrate other than anticipated news. Go celebrate having taken the chance on yourself to work towards a PhD. We should all remember how much courage that takes. 

Happy Birthday! ??

(I hope this didn't sound preachy, I just feel emotionally invested in y'all now ❤️)

Just now, bardie said:

Oh my god happy birthday! But seriously get out of bed and go celebrate. It is 60 degrees where you are, and where I am it is 10 degrees. Go for a hike, or drive to a good beach for walking. You must have another friend you can hit up for dinner and drinks! Get out, you will thank yourself for it. 

I'm sure you have a lot to celebrate other than anticipated news. Go celebrate having taken the chance on yourself to work towards a PhD. We should all remember how much courage that takes. 

Happy Birthday! ??

(I hope this didn't sound preachy, I just feel emotionally invested in y'all now ❤️)

Hahaha, you're awesome.

11 minutes ago, Matthew3957 said:

Awww this hit me. My birthday is beginning of March and I literally feared this might happen. I feel for you!

mines middle of march so at least my hope will be totally crushed by then

32 minutes ago, Matthew3957 said:

Got my rejection too. I appreciate it as well. Though I think Michigan is also the school that fucked up last year and sent retractions of acceptances. So if that's right then I still applaud them for the job this year, while not last year. 

Nope, Michigan didn't do that last year...