Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Bopie5 said:

Welp, the fact that Michigan and UCSB are having movement today is a vomit inducing bit of news to wake up to! Kind of my last shots. Fingers crossed but steeling for the worst.

Anxious as hell about Michigan too!  High hopes for good news for the both of us :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, placeinspace said:

god i hope my rejection from michigan comes today so i can have a good solid therapy session tonight where i hash out all my feelings of inadequacy without any blind hope hanging over me in the background

my rejection came 4 minutes after i posted this i am glad umich values my mental health

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, placeinspace said:

my rejection came 4 minutes after i posted this i am glad umich values my mental health

Same, just received my rejection e-mail.  Sad but feel relieved that they don't drag things along like a lot of the other programs I applied to.  This was the first notification I've heard from any of my schools and I appreciate Michigan's timeliness even though I'm disappointed to be rejected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my Michigan rejection. Guess all the eggs are in the UCSB basket. And since I didn’t hear yesterday...not looking great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, reluctanthuman said:

Just waitlisted. But I suppose it’s a long shot :(

I'm waitlisted too! At least we got something though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s my birthday today. I was supposed to go to SF with my bestie but she bailed last minute so I’m going to just stay in bed refreshing this page and my portals, the way birthdays were meant to be spent. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking of all the Michigan people today. 

Though, on a deeper level, I really have to respect a school who sends out all acceptances, rejections, and waitlists on the same day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, arbie said:

Thinking of all the Michigan people today. 

Though, on a deeper level, I really have to respect a school who sends out all acceptances, rejections, and waitlists on the same day. 

I have more respect for Michigan because of this than all the other schools I applied to. Active communication is a sign they respect all their students, imo, which is to the credit of the program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nothing from michigan english/women's studies - expected it to be separate, of course, but firmly glued to the edge of my seat now anyway... here's to hoping they're as kind with the simultaneous acceptances and rejections as the english department.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my rejection too. I appreciate it as well. Though I think Michigan is also the school that fucked up last year and sent retractions of acceptances. So if that's right then I still applaud them for the job this year, while not last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kendalldinniene said:

It’s my birthday today. I was supposed to go to SF with my bestie but she bailed last minute so I’m going to just stay in bed refreshing this page and my portals, the way birthdays were meant to be spent. 

 

Awww this hit me. My birthday is beginning of March and I literally feared this might happen. I feel for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kendalldinniene said:

It’s my birthday today. I was supposed to go to SF with my bestie but she bailed last minute so I’m going to just stay in bed refreshing this page and my portals, the way birthdays were meant to be spent. 

 

Oh my god happy birthday! But seriously get out of bed and go celebrate. It is 60 degrees where you are, and where I am it is 10 degrees. Go for a hike, or drive to a good beach for walking. You must have another friend you can hit up for dinner and drinks! Get out, you will thank yourself for it. 

I'm sure you have a lot to celebrate other than anticipated news. Go celebrate having taken the chance on yourself to work towards a PhD. We should all remember how much courage that takes. 

Happy Birthday! 🎂🙌

(I hope this didn't sound preachy, I just feel emotionally invested in y'all now ❤️)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bardie said:

Oh my god happy birthday! But seriously get out of bed and go celebrate. It is 60 degrees where you are, and where I am it is 10 degrees. Go for a hike, or drive to a good beach for walking. You must have another friend you can hit up for dinner and drinks! Get out, you will thank yourself for it. 

I'm sure you have a lot to celebrate other than anticipated news. Go celebrate having taken the chance on yourself to work towards a PhD. We should all remember how much courage that takes. 

Happy Birthday! 🎂🙌

(I hope this didn't sound preachy, I just feel emotionally invested in y'all now ❤️)

Hahaha, you're awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Matthew3957 said:

Awww this hit me. My birthday is beginning of March and I literally feared this might happen. I feel for you!

mines middle of march so at least my hope will be totally crushed by then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@kendalldinniene Happy Birthday!!!! Sucks to be worrying about admissions but I agree with @bardie, treat yourself! Wish we could all get together and celebrate and drink away just a few of our admissions sorrows. Time for good food and friends possibly an elevated BAC! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Matthew3957 said:

Got my rejection too. I appreciate it as well. Though I think Michigan is also the school that fucked up last year and sent retractions of acceptances. So if that's right then I still applaud them for the job this year, while not last year. 

Nope, Michigan didn't do that last year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In other news... I see another NYU acceptance by email on the board. At this point, are we assuming implied rejections (or, at least, implied not-acceptances)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kendalldinniene said:

It’s my birthday today. I was supposed to go to SF with my bestie but she bailed last minute so I’m going to just stay in bed refreshing this page and my portals, the way birthdays were meant to be spent. 

 

Happy birthday! SF Is literal garbage today, don't be sad you're not here. I would definitely be refreshing the portals elsewhere if I didn't have to trudge through the rain into work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, vondafkossum said:

Welp, y'all. All I need is one more rejection to be batting .000.

 

I feel oddly zen today. 

This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are we thinking on UCSB/UCSC? Like think they've probably notified who they will and we are all just waiting on our rejections or think some stuff is still rolling out. I wish everyone did it like Michigan....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Matthew3957 said:

What are we thinking on UCSB/UCSC? Like think they've probably notified who they will and we are all just waiting on our rejections or think some stuff is still rolling out. I wish everyone did it like Michigan....

I'm wondering if UCSC is done, but it looks like they randomly spread out their acceptances over Jan/Feb. There hasn't been anything since January, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.