2019 Applicants

@breemartini i'm also one of the ones to not receive a Columbia rejection. I was wondering today if it's because rejections are going out in an alphabetical order, but there's no real way of knowing after all. It's confusing being that some people reported being waitlisted for Columbia, so not receiving a waitlist notification would imply a rejection, but maybe something else is up. Everything seems to be very mystifying this cycle.

i thought i read somewhere on here that it's normal (maybe even encouraged?) to ask to be connected to current students where you've been accepted/waitlisted. i'm in touch with the DGS--is he the one to ask to connect me??

5 minutes ago, rr732 said:

i thought i read somewhere on here that it's normal (maybe even encouraged?) to ask to be connected to current students where you've been accepted/waitlisted. i'm in touch with the DGS--is he the one to ask to connect me??

I’ve asked at all my waitlist schools, I just asked whoever let me know I was waitlisted and I’ve been connected to grad students within a few days every time.

Just now, kendalldinniene said:

I’ve asked at all my waitlist schools, I just asked whoever let me know I was waitlisted and I’ve been connected to grad students within a few days every time.

ah thank you! like it makes total sense to... i just have second guessed EVERYTHING during this process every step of the way, lol!

5 hours ago, illcounsel said:

Anyone else just waiting around for schools to get back to them so they can get on with making a decision? So looking forward to being out of this limbo and planning the future. At least I had a snow day from work today and could take Ursula on a nice hike: 

Ursula.jpg

Yeah, that's the case for me too. There's so many things I have to do, but I can only do them after I hear back from all the schools I've applied to. 

But oh gosh, what a cutie!! Please tell her ai love her.

2 hours ago, trytostay said:

Hm, that does seem a bit odd. Have waitlist/acceptance/rejections been posted for any of the schools you applied to?

I've seen that people have already been accepted to NYU, CUNY, and Duke; however, I haven't heard back from any of them. A few of the others still don't have anything (Harvard, UPenn, Rutgers, UCLA-comp lit). 

I'd honesty rather have the rejection than being in this state of uncertainty. 

10 minutes ago, awildsheep said:

I've seen that people have already been accepted to NYU, CUNY, and Duke; however, I haven't heard back from any of them. A few of the others still don't have anything (Harvard, UPenn, Rutgers, UCLA-comp lit). 

I'd honesty rather have the rejection than being in this state of uncertainty. 

Hate to break it to you but I think you’ve still got a shot for a waitlist at all of those! So you might have a few more days of uncertainty. I do know that all of NYU’s offers are out, though. Not entirely sure about the others as I didn’t apply there!

Hi, I'm an international applicant. Has anyone heard back from Rutgers University (New Brunswick) about their PhD English application for Fall 2019? I saw just one acceptance on the results page posted on 8 Feb 2019. Has anyone got any idea if Rutgers has sent out all their first list acceptances yet? I checked their website but it just says 'no decision'. This is so nerve-racking! 

Hi, I'm an international applicant. Has anyone heard back from Rutgers University (New Brunswick) about their PhD English application for Fall 2019? I saw just one acceptance on the results page posted on 8 Feb 2019. Does anyone happen to have any idea if Rutgers has sent out all their first list acceptances yet? I checked their website but it just says 'no decision'. This is so nerve-racking! 

6 hours ago, stressbot3000 said:

So I have heard literally nothing from UVA. No rejection email, no change to portal. I asked not to be referred to the MA. Anyone have ANY idea what’s going on rn? 

same situation! no additional insight here, but waiting in solidarity. it seems like it’s clearly a no since they said all acceptances/waitlists went out, which makes it extra frustrating to have heard absolutely nothing.

@Anjali.P I think the consensus here is that nothing has officially gone out from rutgers! no one has heard anything else apart from that one stray post - someone could have been alerted unofficially but it doesn’t seem like it was part of a round of notifications. we should be due for news from there soon. fingers crossed!

31 minutes ago, trytostay said:

It’s funny how we all thought this week was going to be so informative. I’m still where I was last Friday! Sigh. 

Haha. Yeah, same here. I really just want to know now, even if it's a rejection. This waiting/not-knowing is exhausting ?

53 minutes ago, tcatherine said:

If Rutgers can see how many times I've checked their app portal then it's almost definite they're going to deny me on grounds of insanity.

SAME.  And I continue to click the "No decision" link in hopes of a surprise decision, hahah.

1 minute ago, trytostay said:

I feel like some Rutgers calls are going to go out today.

I like that feeling. I'm worried with the snow though. I work at another University in NJ and we're just waiting on the word from the pres to close down. 

Just now, tcatherine said:

I like that feeling. I'm worried with the snow though. I work at another University in NJ and we're just waiting on the word from the pres to close down. 

They tweeted yesterday that they don't anticipate closing. But we shall see! Whether it's today or Friday, it'll definitely be this week.... I hope, omg.