4 minutes ago, barshmie said:

Holy sh*t did you just get the call too? CONGRATS!!!

YEAH! Were you the other acceptance???? CONGRATULATIONS!!!

3 minutes ago, Fedallah said:

Congrats!!! Was it a call or an email!!? 

A call! 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Thank you guys so much!!! I wasn't expecting this AT ALL.

Edited by Anonymouse124

Big congrats to the Penn acceptances! 

BTW, so when everyone talks about portals, do they mean the application portal? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything--none of my portals have been updated (acceptances or rejections), so I'm starting to think I'm looking in the wrong place. 

7 minutes ago, sugilite said:

BTW, so when everyone talks about portals, do they mean the application portal? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything--none of my portals have been updated (acceptances or rejections), so I'm starting to think I'm looking in the wrong place. 

Yes! I would say 70% of my schools use the same portal interface. When a decision is made, you get an email to check the portal. After logging in, there is a new option that says "view decision letter". Half of my acceptances have updated the portal and half still say "decision pending". Hope that helps!

2 minutes ago, illcounsel said:

Yes! I would say 70% of my schools use the same portal interface. When a decision is made, you get an email to check the portal. After logging in, there is a new option that says "view decision letter". Half of my acceptances have updated the portal and half still say "decision pending". Hope that helps!

I feel like a complete dunce, but I don't even see the "decision pending"? I'm looking on ApplyWeb (Michigan's platform) and only see "Submitted" and a list of all my recommendation letter writers. 

Is yours is a different portal platform? I've only received decisions/waitlists to my email, so I haven't been instructed to check anything 😕 

Appreciate the help here! 

9 minutes ago, sugilite said:

I feel like a complete dunce, but I don't even see the "decision pending"? I'm looking on ApplyWeb (Michigan's platform) and only see "Submitted" and a list of all my recommendation letter writers. 

Is yours is a different portal platform? I've only received decisions/waitlists to my email, so I haven't been instructed to check anything 😕 

That’s what a lot of my portals are like too 🤷🏼‍♀️

11 minutes ago, sugilite said:

when a decision letter is ready on applyweb, there will be a new button that says “view your decision letter” under the receipt button. i’ve got one letter up. so you’re looking in the right place! it just seems like schools are very slow to actually upload letters. 

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but I just got an email from UCI to check my admissions status and nothing on my application page has changed, I’m on mobile though so I figured I’d ask if anyone else got the email or has the same issue 

Just now, RoyalTeaCompany said:

I got a similar email from UCI and checked it on my laptop. Nothing's changed on my app. I'm hoping for the best! I emailed the DGS to ask about the update....

Thank you for volunteering as tribute brave soul 

If more than one of us got it then odds are it’s probably bad news but I hope otherwise! 

1 minute ago, toxicmoss said:

Thank you for volunteering as tribute brave soul 

If more than one of us got it then odds are it’s probably bad news but I hope otherwise! 

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I will say on the bright side I haven't seen many others post about it in results or here yet, so maybe it's a good sign? Even a waitlist would be amazing as so far I've been shutout :(

1 minute ago, RoyalTeaCompany said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I will say on the bright side I haven't seen many others post about it in results or here yet, so maybe it's a good sign? Even a waitlist would be amazing as so far I've been shutout :(

The update just went through for me! I haven’t looked yet but go check! #fellow comrade in purgatory 

Congrats to our UPenn admits! Y'all are slaying rn, dance like Beyonce did for Formation in Super Bowl 50's halftime.

Sending hugs to all of you that are getting rejected :( Commiserations

21 minutes ago, Englishandteamakesahappyme said:

@sugilite @kendalldinniene Same here. My portals give the impression that the committees haven’t even touched my application. Yikes. I’m still in the radio silent camp. 

My application for UNL legit showed progress as being two steps before departmental review up until a couple days ago, even though I got notified of my acceptance by the DGS weeks ago 🤣

You don’t know until you know, haha.

9 minutes ago, kendalldinniene said:

My application for UNL legit showed progress as being two steps before departmental review up until a couple days ago, even though I got notified of my acceptance by the DGS weeks ago 🤣

I endorse the bottom part heavily tbh.

I've yet to get an application update via portal by any university. All of my correspondence has been primarily via e-mail so far (which is what helped me from doing the hourly status portal check). For one case, Buffalo has never updated my portal except for a 'Under Committee Review - 12/27/2018,' and I've since been waitlisted by them via e-mail. And iirc... UCLA posts their rejection letters in a portal that is definitely not Slate.

Kinda left with the impression that our admission portals are really just places where the department can just gleam info from, but otherwise they don't really play a big part in the admissions process in terms of info tracking. The DGS just needs a place where they can collect and distribute the info easily.

(Also as I write this, just got rejected from University of Washington. Will post my result soon, just need something witty)

EDIT: just checked my portal there too, got updated. there goes working with Brian Reed :( as sad as I am, I'm relieved at the same time. It's truly come to a close, and my Fall 2019 plans are now more in focus.

Edited by Ranmaag

3 minutes ago, kendalldinniene said:

Goodness, what a crazy process this is! I still have some hope left in me, but it’s fading fast. Just about 7 more days left in what is supposedly “the big month.” I’d like to hear anything at this point. 

Congrats on your acceptance! Also sorry about the UW rejection. 

1 minute ago, optimistic_nihilist said:

real random - why are all the usernames tea-related?  is everyone obsessed with tea?  i like tea too but wtf lmao

asking the real questions here