14 minutes ago, WildeThing said:

Any information any of us shares after applications have been submitted can be dangerous in this way (for instance, Warelin has made the opposite argument multiple times: that Chicago seems to only accept people from the interview list).

I think we could all use a reminder that unless we have first-hand information on the current adcomm process, pretty much everything should be taken with a pinch of salt. I don't in any way mean this as criticism to those who share info--on the contrary, I am extremely grateful and hope people will continue letting us know of what they have heard/experienced. But unless we actually get one of the adcomm members silly drunk so that they spill the beans, all we're working on is different forms of conjecture, inference, speculation and hearsay (granted that some pieces of information seem more authoritative that others). For those interviewing, prepare well, sleep well, and be awesome! An interview can never really be bad news. At worst, they're considering you. At best, they're considering you. Go be spectacular. For those, (like me), still waiting--I don't really have any good advice. This waiting is horrific. Be strong!

Edited by beardedlady

2 hours ago, bluelight said:

@Bopie5 This is my first post here, mostly motivated by my wanting to respond to your comment on Better Oblivion Community Center. I love/am in love with Phoebe Bridgers. Already listened to the album 3 times through. Excellent Sad Mood Tunes.

!!! Omg! I'm so glad you came here to talk about this album because it is EVERYTHING. I saw Phoebe Bridgers open for The National this fall and I wasn't familiar before but IMMEDIATELY was hooked. She's a genius!

18 minutes ago, beardedlady said:

I think we could all use a reminder that unless we have first-hand information on the current adcomm process, pretty much everything should be taken with a pinch of salt. I don't in any way mean this as criticism to those who share info--on the contrary, I am extremely grateful and hope people will continue letting us know of what they have heard/experienced. But unless we actually get one of the adcomm members silly drunk so that they spill the beans, all we're working on is different forms of conjecture, inference, speculation and hearsay (granted that some pieces of information seem more authoritative that others). For those interviewing, prepare well, sleep well, and be awesome! An interview can never really be bad news. At worst, they're considering you. At best, they're considering you. Go be spectacular. For those, (like me), still waiting--I don't really have any good advice. This waiting is horrific. Be strong!

bruh @beardedlady i was just about to say this.  like, i think we should all acknowledge the fact that none of us REALLY knows what the fuck is going on (and probably never will) - all the information is so contradictory and, in a way, trivial. even if we knew what was really true, some party would be unhappy, and some other party would be happy.  it's just a matter of swapping moods, when i think realistically, we all just want everyone to be happy.  but that can't happen.  so it might be best just to leave the issue alone.  that, or i'm probably projecting haha, because i find that i really don't care what the outcome is for pretty much this apps season.... i probably should care more, but it feels good not to be anxious.  who even am i???

Hi all,

New to actually using this thread in terms of posting, but like you guys, I've been refreshing the 2019 acceptances page nonstop. 

Anyway, for those of you who applied as English PHD applicants for Rutgers University, I've got a question about a slight change in the application portal. I noticed that my app used to say "Submitted," but now it says "No Decision" in the Admission Decision box. There's a new box that's located to the right of the AD box, entitled "Admission Response." Does this show up for everyone else? "Admission Response" is the candidate's acceptance or rejection of the university's offer of admission (googled the phrase to be sure). Do you think this is a systematic update on the portal that displays for everyone (and do any other applicants see this?) or might this signal that I have a chance of receiving an offer, being that this box newly appeared?

RU is my first choice, so maybe I'm being a little overzealous with that in mind, but was just curious as to what people think/see if they too applied to RU.

Edited by WildeingOut

@WildeingOut i applied to a different Rutgers program, but it's said "No Decision" since 1/8 for my application. it may just mean that the department was forwarded your app? i don't think it's something to read too deeply into :)

@mandelbulb right, but I mean the "Admission Decision" box. It's empty on mine, but newly showed up immediately to the right of the "No Decision" box. Do you see that too? My thought is, if I'm not getting in, why would that box show up. You see what I mean? It could mean nothing/show up for everyone. I was jw 

@WildeingOut yeah, i have that next to the "Decision" column. i'm assuming the "Decision" column will update from "No Decision" to "Decision" when a decision is made and then the "Admission Decision" box will say rejection/admitted.

@WildeingOut it sounds like the standard platform, which most schools have some version of. The change was probably prompted by a forward of apps to the adcomm. When the time comes, you'll have a proper letter in one, and a simple 'accepted' or 'rejected' or whatever showing up in the other.

that's what i figured was likely, i just wasn't sure since i haven't gone through this process before, thanks both of you for the response! @mandelbulb @pdh12 :)

1 hour ago, Bopie5 said:

!!! Omg! I'm so glad you came here to talk about this album because it is EVERYTHING. I saw Phoebe Bridgers open for The National this fall and I wasn't familiar before but IMMEDIATELY was hooked. She's a genius!

Oh wow you're so lucky—I love The National as well. Have you listened to the boygenius album by Phoebe Bridgers, Lucy Dacus, and Julien Baker? I was hoping they might tour together again but no such luck for now. 

59 minutes ago, bluelight said:

Oh wow you're so lucky—I love The National as well. Have you listened to the boygenius album by Phoebe Bridgers, Lucy Dacus, and Julien Baker? I was hoping they might tour together again but no such luck for now. 

of course!!! I LOVE boygenius. Went through a particularly painful heartbreak in September, and Me & My Dog was really the song of that time for me...no lyric can quite capture how it felt more than "I wanna be emaciated / I wanna hear one song without thinking of you". Truly all of them are so talented. Would love to see them tour, but alas...

I hate to be the person that introduces ~yet another~ tangent in one 24 hour period, but did anyone else see the Drag Race season 11 cast announcement today?

@bluelight @Bopie5 I honestly listen to the boygenius Tiny Desk Concert every night before I go to sleep. Amazing tunes but also something about the way Bob Boilen has them mic'd it's like straight up ASMR

24 minutes ago, mwils15 said:

I hate to be the person that introduces ~yet another~ tangent in one 24 hour period, but did anyone else see the Drag Race season 11 cast announcement today?

i hadn't but now i have and i am only 500% excited lol you?

@mwils15 is it just me or was all that rule suspension last ep. just for ru to get latrice back on?

i’m so hoping monet makes it to the end.

52 minutes ago, mwils15 said:

This is the tangent we need

13 minutes ago, pdh12 said:

@mwils15 is it just me or was all that rule suspension last ep. just for ru to get latrice back on?

i’m so hoping monet makes it to the end.

One can also argue that it was to save Valentina from being eliminated depending on which way you look at the circumstances. I don't envy the queen that sends her home.

To the above posters, I think the rule suspension came at a convenient time inasmuch as it saved Valentina. I thought the double win lip sync should have been Naomi and Gia, but I think the Latrice lip sync was a close second. I’m struggling with Latrice at the moment because she is coming off as way more condescending in this season than in her original season. She has this air about her like she’s above the fray somehow even though everyone remaining has outperformed her so far. My top two right now are Manila and Monet/Trinity. I’ll stan Manila Luzon until I die.

As for season 11, I’m most excited for Silky, Yvie, and Nina!! Anyone else have any early faves?

Edited by mwils15

right! it's indelibly not-for-nothin that her elimination got so summarily brushed off....do her fantasies dictate our realm???

@mwils15 mainly, i'm a lil disappointed in latrice's lack of comedy graces--for me it's humor genius over everything.

Edited by pdh12

10 minutes ago, mwils15 said:

As for season 11, I’m most excited for Silky, Yvie, and Nina!! Anyone else have any early faves?

I have the same favorites currently.