2 hours ago, trytostay said:

Hm, that does seem a bit odd. Have waitlist/acceptance/rejections been posted for any of the schools you applied to?

I've seen that people have already been accepted to NYU, CUNY, and Duke; however, I haven't heard back from any of them. A few of the others still don't have anything (Harvard, UPenn, Rutgers, UCLA-comp lit). 

I'd honesty rather have the rejection than being in this state of uncertainty. 

10 minutes ago, awildsheep said:

I've seen that people have already been accepted to NYU, CUNY, and Duke; however, I haven't heard back from any of them. A few of the others still don't have anything (Harvard, UPenn, Rutgers, UCLA-comp lit). 

I'd honesty rather have the rejection than being in this state of uncertainty. 

Hate to break it to you but I think you’ve still got a shot for a waitlist at all of those! So you might have a few more days of uncertainty. I do know that all of NYU’s offers are out, though. Not entirely sure about the others as I didn’t apply there!

So I have heard literally nothing from UVA. No rejection email, no change to portal. I asked not to be referred to the MA. Anyone have ANY idea what’s going on rn? 

Hi, I'm an international applicant. Has anyone heard back from Rutgers University (New Brunswick) about their PhD English application for Fall 2019? I saw just one acceptance on the results page posted on 8 Feb 2019. Has anyone got any idea if Rutgers has sent out all their first list acceptances yet? I checked their website but it just says 'no decision'. This is so nerve-racking! 

Hi, I'm an international applicant. Has anyone heard back from Rutgers University (New Brunswick) about their PhD English application for Fall 2019? I saw just one acceptance on the results page posted on 8 Feb 2019. Does anyone happen to have any idea if Rutgers has sent out all their first list acceptances yet? I checked their website but it just says 'no decision'. This is so nerve-racking! 

Hi, fellow international applicant! I also applied to Rutgers and unfortunately haven't heard anything from them either. 😥

It's so, so nervewrecking. I really hope they would get back to us soon.

6 hours ago, stressbot3000 said:

So I have heard literally nothing from UVA. No rejection email, no change to portal. I asked not to be referred to the MA. Anyone have ANY idea what’s going on rn? 

same situation! no additional insight here, but waiting in solidarity. it seems like it’s clearly a no since they said all acceptances/waitlists went out, which makes it extra frustrating to have heard absolutely nothing.

@Anjali.P I think the consensus here is that nothing has officially gone out from rutgers! no one has heard anything else apart from that one stray post - someone could have been alerted unofficially but it doesn’t seem like it was part of a round of notifications. we should be due for news from there soon. fingers crossed!

31 minutes ago, trytostay said:

It’s funny how we all thought this week was going to be so informative. I’m still where I was last Friday! Sigh. 

Haha. Yeah, same here. I really just want to know now, even if it's a rejection. This waiting/not-knowing is exhausting 😣

53 minutes ago, tcatherine said:

If Rutgers can see how many times I've checked their app portal then it's almost definite they're going to deny me on grounds of insanity.

SAME.  And I continue to click the "No decision" link in hopes of a surprise decision, hahah.

1 minute ago, trytostay said:

I feel like some Rutgers calls are going to go out today.

I like that feeling. I'm worried with the snow though. I work at another University in NJ and we're just waiting on the word from the pres to close down. 

Just now, tcatherine said:

I like that feeling. I'm worried with the snow though. I work at another University in NJ and we're just waiting on the word from the pres to close down. 

They tweeted yesterday that they don't anticipate closing. But we shall see! Whether it's today or Friday, it'll definitely be this week.... I hope, omg.

5 minutes ago, trytostay said:

They tweeted yesterday that they don't anticipate closing. But we shall see! Whether it's today or Friday, it'll definitely be this week.... I hope, omg.

someone mentioned that in the past it’s been calls on friday/saturday/sunday. so if there’s nothing this week, we’ve still got a weekend to spend on edge 😬 

15 minutes ago, jr246 said:

im also in the UVA boat of no news…anyone know why??

No idea, but I'm here too!

Come on, UVA - swing the sword! I'm ready!

Has anyone gotten funding info from temple? I was told end of the month so there’s still time, but just wondering if anyone has heard back already?

Yeah Rutgers traditionally spreads their phone calls anywhere from Thurs-Sun, but they usually call over the weekend. Given the past years' notification schedules, it's likely that there'll be some notifications made this weekend. Fingers crossed...that's my top choice.

1 hour ago, BeachBum said:

Come on, UVA - swing the sword! I'm ready!

I was really thrown off to see the UVA rejections on the board this morning, not having got one myself--glad my head's not alone on this chopping block.

Edited by Rootbound

Just now, Rootbound said:

I was really thrown off to see the UVA rejections on the board this morning, not having got one myself--glad my head's not alone on this chopping block.

I'd like to add a note here: There are some schools that have 'invisible waitlists'.

5 minutes ago, Warelin said:

I'd like to add a note here: There are some schools that have 'invisible waitlists'.

Last year, for what it's worth, I was sent an email informing me I was on UVA's waitlist, and my portal did not update until April with the final rejection.

11 minutes ago, northwestnative said:

Last year, for what it's worth, I was sent an email informing me I was on UVA's waitlist, and my portal did not update until April with the final rejection.

Ah. Well I can’t say this is particularly encouraging information, but good to have nonetheless. Thanks!