1 minute ago, dilby said:

In at yale, oh my god

yesss holy shit!!!!!!! the biggest congratulations! 

8 minutes ago, dilby said:

In at yale, oh my god

All you need is 1, and that 1 can be Yale!!!! So happy for you to bring all the memes to New Haven!!!! 

3 hours ago, jr246 said:

any updates from those who haven't heard from UVA?

I am yet to hear from UVA. My department said they will round up admission decision in March. Hopefully we hear from them by then.

11 hours ago, cooldinosaur said:

NYU rejections (and apparently according to the results here waitlists too) are out! 

Still haven't heard! Ugh! I know they accept people into their MA program and I can't remember whether I asked them to or not...NYU...let me go.....

4 hours ago, jr246 said:

still nothing here, too, and still going crazy over it! just want to officially be done.

@Ubah1 I hope you hear back from your department soon with great news! fingers crossed. sadly we’re on the English side of things here, and they’ve said all acceptances/waitlists are out - just rolling out bad news at a glacial pace for whatever reason :(

I received a second rejection from Victoria this morning. Seems odd that they have two? I am guessing one is automatic. It also came with this great tautology:

"Your application for admission to the University of Victoria has been carefully considered. We regret to inform you that your application has been refused for the following reason:

The Department of English has reviewed your file and cannot offer you admission."

Enjoy!

When you get to the airport to fly out for a visit date and the flight gets delayed so much you have to reschedule for the next day with a 4:30 am departure time:/

Yes, I also had this question for the GW poster. I went to check my application status on the website, and there aren't any updates that I can see.

4 minutes ago, natalielouise said:

Me! I might email today.

OMG please update if you do 

11 hours ago, jr246 said:

8 hours ago, Ubah1 said:

I am yet to hear from UVA. My department said they will round up admission decision in March. Hopefully we hear from them by then.

7 hours ago, amphilanthus said:

still nothing here, too, and still going crazy over it! just want to officially be done.

@Ubah1 I hope you hear back from your department soon with great news! fingers crossed. sadly we’re on the English side of things here, and they’ve said all acceptances/waitlists are out - just rolling out bad news at a glacial pace for whatever reason :(

Just called UVA and asked because I remember the process. Really nice staff and faculty! Here's what I was told: The first round of offers have gone out at UVA. If you haven't heard by now, it's probable that you're on a waitlist and UVA is still waiting to hear back from their first round offers. It's also possible that your file is in the middle and they haven't quite determined what to do with it. The majority of rejections have gone out but not all of them have gone out.

12 minutes ago, Warelin said:

Just called UVA and asked because I remember the process. Really nice staff and faculty! Here's what I was told: The first round of offers have gone out at UVA. If you haven't heard by now, it's probable that you're on a waitlist and UVA is still waiting to hear back from their first round offers. It's also possible that your file is in the middle and they haven't quite determined what to do with it. The majority of rejections have gone out but not all of them have gone out.

thank you for being a saint as always and going to the trouble of getting this information! this is all so interesting... really helpful to have some context to the mysterious limbo. the maybe-unofficial-waitlist-maybe-not wait is not my favorite thing ever.

looks like we’ll be holding our breath for a little while longer! ‘til then, here’s to the UVA Mystery Gang. 

6 minutes ago, amphilanthus said:

thank you for being a saint as always and going to the trouble of getting this information! this is all so interesting... really helpful to have some context to the mysterious limbo. the maybe-unofficial-waitlist-maybe-not wait is not my favorite thing ever.

Ah yes, I remember husband being on the 'unofficial waitlist' at Brown last year. Very odd and anxiety-inducing! Lol.

2 minutes ago, punctilious said:

Ah yes, I remember husband being on the 'unofficial waitlist' at Brown last year. Very odd and anxiety-inducing! Lol.

And I told you that Harvard and Brown were just deciding who gets him!

Just now, Warelin said:

And I told you that Harvard and Brown were just deciding who gets him!

LOL and this is why everyone loves you here. You had faith when we didn't!

2 minutes ago, punctilious said:

LOL and this is why everyone loves you here. You had faith when we didn't!

Let's just hope that teaching-focused colleges are as kind to me! 

This forum is great. We get a bunch of incredible people each year. I just wished more of them stayed after their application season. There is so much we could learn from each other and form really strong CVs together! The potential for joint scholarship and friendships are so powerful on this forum.