Fall 2019 Phd Social Work /Welfare

Number4

13 hours ago, MSW_MK said:

My statement for UNC's PhD SW was 13 pages including 3 pages of references. They had like 8-9 questions I think. And I basically had to outline all prior research in the area I'm interested in and then what exactly I'd want to do my research in during the program. 

Wow! I hope you get in after all that!

5 hours ago, MSW_MK said:

Does anyone have a timeline of when they expect to hear back? What's the latest they can tell you? 

Feb-Mar, based on admissions websites and past threads, e.g., this one.

This thread is also helpful:

Edited by Noegenesis

I received an invitation to interview for the DePaul Community Psychology program on February 4! It's nice to have something to prepare for so I don't just get anxiety building up as I don't expect to hear back from UChicago SSA or UChicago Social Sciences until the second week of February. 

10 hours ago, briefinterviews said:

USC sent a very clear, detailed timeline of their admissions activities about two weeks after their December 1st deadline when they confirmed receipt of my application. Really takes some of the edge off.

Wow, that's awesome!! When are you expecting to hear back?

Waiting for the result is so nerve-racking! I applied for UW-Seattle, USC, UCLA, BU, and U of Chicago. UW said they will start sending out notification in early Feb. Do you guys do if every school will have an interview? or some of them just give acceptance without one?  

11 hours ago, winni said:

Waiting for the result is so nerve-racking! I applied for UW-Seattle, USC, UCLA, BU, and U of Chicago. UW said they will start sending out notification in early Feb. Do you guys do if every school will have an interview? or some of them just give acceptance without one?  

Welcome to the waiting game! ? No idea about interviews. Admissions websites are strangely silent on the subject.

Thanks! I can't wait to hear back from them because I'm applying to a scholarship and I need to be admitted in order to be eligible. I have 9 days left. My application is ready. Just waiting for two LOR and for an admission offer. They told me I'd have an answer before that, but I'm still tired of waiting.