2019 App Cycle

35 minutes ago, HighStrangeness said:

So it is no longer just by the first week of February it got extended to mid?

Either we are all waiting for rejections letters to come mid-February... sigh... or they don't have their sh*t together. I'm shocked that a couple was accepted in December but then they don't notify anybody else of anything for two whole months it's a little aggravating.

26 minutes ago, beautifuladrenaline said:

Either we are all waiting for rejections letters to come mid-February... sigh... or they don't have their sh*t together. I'm shocked that a couple was accepted in December but then they don't notify anybody else of anything for two whole months it's a little aggravating.

It is very aggravating, frankly annoying, and inconsiderate on their behalf. 

32 minutes ago, newyorkmets188 said:

It is very aggravating, frankly annoying, and inconsiderate on their behalf. 

Do you think you have a chance at getting in? It seems like there's a lot of people on this feed that seem more than qualified but didn't hear anything in December. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Just now, beautifuladrenaline said:

Do you think you have a chance at getting in? It seems like there's a lot of people on this feed that seem more than qualified but didn't hear anything in December. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I mean I might have a shot. But truly, I don't know because you don't know what they are looking for and which applications they are tossing. Right now, my gut is telling me that I will be rejected. What about you? Where did you apply?

6 minutes ago, newyorkmets188 said:

I mean I might have a shot. But truly, I don't know because you don't know what they are looking for and which applications they are tossing. Right now, my gut is telling me that I will be rejected. What about you? Where did you apply?

Yeah, I feel the same way that I am definitely going to be rejected. I only applied to four schools Northeastern: rejected from the Ph.D. accepted into the masters with a scholarship; Penn State: still waiting; University of Iowa: accepted with a $20,000 stipend and full funding for five years (Sociology concentrated on crim). 

On 2/1/2019 at 5:38 PM, beautifuladrenaline said:

Yeah, I feel the same way that I am definitely going to be rejected. I only applied to four schools Northeastern: rejected from the Ph.D. accepted into the masters with a scholarship; Penn State: still waiting; University of Iowa: accepted with a $20,000 stipend and full funding for five years (Sociology concentrated on crim). 

Congrats on the acceptance! Yay! At least you got one with funding! I applied to Temple, UMASS Lowell, IUP, GMU, GSU, American, and UPENN. I got into IUP with funding to be announced in March. Got rejected at GMU.

Thank you! And congrats on your acceptance at IUP! Hopefully, there is going to be good funding. I didn't know they had online Ph.D. programs! That seems like it would be hard. I looked into UMASS Lowell but I am trying to coordinate schools with my SO, so it makes it difficult to find places that both align with what we want. American is a great school! And it's in DC which makes it even better :) 

12 minutes ago, beautifuladrenaline said:

Thank you! And congrats on your acceptance at IUP! Hopefully, there is going to be good funding. I didn't know they had online Ph.D. programs! That seems like it would be hard. I looked into UMASS Lowell but I am trying to coordinate schools with my SO, so it makes it difficult to find places that both align with what we want. American is a great school! And it's in DC which makes it even better :) 

Thanks so much! DC would be amazing and so would UMASS! We shall see though. 

On 1/31/2019 at 12:01 AM, EV1764 said:

Just received an email from John Jay and got a visit and interview!! This is a huge confidence boost after some rejections. So excited!

Hi!

Regarding John Jay - did they invite you to interview via skype or in person? Because I was invited to interview via skype and would like to know if I should travel to interview in person instead.

Thank you!!

Hi!

To those invited to an interview at John Jay for the Criminal Justice PhD - have you been invited to interview in person and visit or to interview via skype?

Because I was invited to interview via skype, but would like to know if it´s more recommendable to travel there for an interview in person.

Thank you!!

50 minutes ago, Daniela_K said:

Hi!

To those invited to an interview at John Jay for the Criminal Justice PhD - have you been invited to interview in person and visit or to interview via skype?

Because I was invited to interview via skype, but would like to know if it´s more recommendable to travel there for an interview in person.

Thank you!!

I was invited to both. Skype was an option if I had scheduling conflicts with their visit date.