CharlieR

Favorite podcasts ?

Hey all, I have found myself loving podcasts at the moment and I was wondering if ant of you had good recommendations, preferably about grad school or research ! 

Personally, I love The story collider !

I actually responded to a past post about podcasts and I've linked to that post below. I mention quite a few podcasts I really like since I listen to them all the time lol! Story collider is totally one of my faves too! Most of the ones I mention are not about grad school or research but they are really great podcasts! Also I've given a listen the podcast in the title of the other post, Hello PhD, and its pretty good. I haven't listened to it a ton but I have liked what I've listened to so far from them.

I love Story Collider and Hello PhD both! I definitely recommend scrolling through the episode titles for Hello PhD; the discussions are very useful, but can also be very situational to different seasons of grad/science life. For my science news, I listen to AAAS's Science Magazine podcast.

I've also gotten really into podcasts recently. I don't listen to anything focused on research or grad school life, but here are some of my favorites:

- My #1 podcast recommendation is always You Must Remember This, which covers "the secret and/or forgotten histories of Hollywood's first century." Each episode is so thoroughly researched, well produced, and super engaging. 

- For interviews, I've been getting into Death, Sex & Money, as well as How to be Amazing (w/ Michael Ian Black). 

- For all things pop culture, I like Slate's Culture Gabfest. 

- For deep dives into American political history, I like The RFK Tapes and Slow Burn.

- For discussions on creative writing/literature, check out Longform (in-depth interviews with writers), or Poetry off the Shelf (all things poetry...obviously).

Edited by slouching