2019 Applications Thread

On 4/5/2019 at 4:49 PM, CommQueen said:

Accepted an offer at UCSB! (Maybe see you in the fall?!)

Sadly no. I officially accepted my offer at University of Michigan. Wish I could see you at UCSB, but financially, this was the better choice. See you at ICA!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! Good luck, firstly :)

I need your help and advice also. I want to apply PhD in Nyu Tisch Cinema Studies and I'm an international student, so would you tell me about your interview?

It would be very helpful for me.

• 4 months later...

Hi friends,
I'm new to this forum and I want your immediate help.I'm an international student and I just finished my undergrad in C.S with two publications in the field of communication(specifically media impacts)and I have decent GPA and GRE scores.I'm planning for applying to U.S. communication graduate programs and I know some faculties whose research interest perfectly fit with mine but as I'm not from a top undergrad school in my country I'm hesitant to apply to graduate schools.
So the question would be, with strong application would coming from non-top school be a problem?