DAAD 2019-2020

Ghilman Dilshad

Hi to all 

Can anyone please update me for few questions regarding EPOS.

1. My country of origin is different from the country of residence can I still apply for EPOS scholarships.

2. With regards to the certified copies of awarded degrees and transcript can you please tell me does it mean a certified original and it's copies or photocopies which are verified/certified separately.

3. And I have to send my documents file to the university so how they will update us in the case of rejection or acceptance. or UNI assist portal plus file submission to the university as hard copy goes simultaneously.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2018 at 10:35 AM, Ghilman Dilshad said:

Hi to all 

Can anyone please update me for few questions regarding EPOS.

1. My country of origin is different from the country of residence can I still apply for EPOS scholarships.

2. With regards to the certified copies of awarded degrees and transcript can you please tell me does it mean a certified original and it's copies or photocopies which are verified/certified separately.

3. And I have to send my documents file to the university so how they will update us in the case of rejection or acceptance. or UNI assist portal plus file submission to the university as hard copy goes simultaneously.

Hey,

regarding your questions 

1- haven´t read anything about you being unable to apply if you´re not residing in the country you were born. However, it makes sense it could affect your application since these courses are designed for people to go back to the development countries and make a signifcant change, and if you don´t reside in that country anymore or ar not planning to go back doesn´t make much sense for them to fund you

2-  A certified copy should have an ink signature and ink stamp confirming that it is a true copy of the original. The term original certified copy means you must submit the document that carries the original ink stamp and ink signature and not a photocopy or scanned printed copy of the certified copy.

3- In these kind of programs you apply directly to the Unis, regarding the accpetance and rejection it will depend on every Uni. However, what I´ve seen in this forum is that they will contact you to upload your documents to the DAAD portal and they will notify you there if you have been accepted or rejected.

hope this helps

On 10/16/2018 at 2:03 PM, KCALC17 said:

Am I the only one still waiting for the result of the short-term research grant (with the application deadline in the end of April 2018)? The wait has been really long...

My application status finally changed to "funding" today, still no letter of award or any confirmation on email... I have no idea what's happening, the fellowship was meant to begin on December 1st, so I've only got a month?...

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Cecília Fernandes said:

SEPT MBA at Leipzig University. And I don't know if they will send me an email or so... ? What about you?

I only received a mail when I sent my documents, confirming successful submission. They also said they will give me information on the outcome in December. I applied for PPRE university of Oldenburg

Edited by Gozie

I'm from the USA, looking at BSEL HRW Masters of Economics in Berlin. 

For DAAD 2019/2020 scholarships, I missed the deadline (05-Nov). I have a few questions: 

1. Should I have applied even though my school is tuition-free. Would I still be considered by the governing body if my school is tuition-free?

2. Why does funding come before master's application? Because, hypothetically we can get funded by DAAD but rejected from the school - am I wrong?

3. Is DAAD scholarship based on income? I worked 4-5 years  after Bacherlors degree, and saved a bit of money. Does income / savings disqualify me? 

4. Since I missed DAAD Scholarship Funding deadline (05-Nov), can I still get into schools or do they only select those candidates that secured funding?

Edited by darius_rmzni

8 hours ago, Cecília Fernandes said:

In my case, I didn’t receive anything back, now I’m afraid my documents didn’t arrive on time :( I’m thinking about sending an email. Should I send to DAAD or to the University? 

Hey I also applied to the SEPT MBA. I was advised from the DAAD that in these kind of scholarships (EPOS) the process is diferent and you only have to send the documents to the Uni. Now, it depends on each University if they let you know they received your application documents or not. I called them at SEPT and they confirmed they had processed my application. Just give them a call and they will let you know.

19 hours ago, darius_rmzni said:

I'm from the USA, looking at BSEL HRW Masters of Economics in Berlin. 

For DAAD 2019/2020 scholarships, I missed the deadline (05-Nov). I have a few questions: 

1. Should I have applied even though my school is tuition-free. Would I still be considered by the governing body if my school is tuition-free?

2. Why does funding come before master's application? Because, hypothetically we can get funded by DAAD but rejected from the school - am I wrong?

3. Is DAAD scholarship based on income? I worked 4-5 years  after Bacherlors degree, and saved a bit of money. Does income / savings disqualify me? 

4. Since I missed DAAD Scholarship Funding deadline (05-Nov), can I still get into schools or do they only select those candidates that secured funding?

Hey Darius

Sorry you missed the deadline, now to help you out with your questions.

1. If you want the scholarship you still need to apply eventhough the Uni is Tuition free, because the scholarship includes living expenses.

2. You have to probe you´re a good candidate this is why you apply to the scholarship first, so yes technically you can get the scholarship but can get rejected from school. Which wouldn´t make that much sense since getting a scholarship is way harder than getting into an Uni, so in their logic if you win the scholarship is almost guaranteed you will get accepted.

3. It´s not based on Income, you can be rich and if you have excellent GPA and al the requisites they ask for you´re eligible for a scholarship

4.  You can still get into school (depending on the deadlines of each program), you can´t get a DAAD scholarship at least not for the next academic year. you can always apply for the scholarship next year but that would be for the 2020 - 2021.

hope this info helps

Thank you @palepal. I appreciate the detailed breakdown. It's a bummer that I missed out potentially 10,000 Euros to help make this dream come true. I think this also means that I am disqualified from future DAAD Scholarships - if I'm not mistaken, folks like myself out of school for more than 4 years will not be permitted to apply. 

14 hours ago, darius_rmzni said:

Thank you @palepal. I appreciate the detailed breakdown. It's a bummer that I missed out potentially 10,000 Euros to help make this dream come true. I think this also means that I am disqualified from future DAAD Scholarships - if I'm not mistaken, folks like myself out of school for more than 4 years will not be permitted to apply. 

You´re welcome @darius_rmzni. That question about being out of school for more than 4 years was asked by someone at a meeting with the DAAD. What they explained is that they could bend the rules sometimes, but ultimately it depends on how strong of candidate you are in regards to the other applicants. Let's say there's a low amount of applicants and you excel in every requirement but that one, then theres a good chance they will consider you, but if there are many applicants and everyone complies with all the requirements and you're the only one that applied being out of school for more than 4 years then that won´t be a good scenario for you. talk to your local DAAD office they help a lot.

On 10/24/2018 at 7:56 AM, MayFi said:

Hey,

I have applied for the DAAD Winterkurs 2019 scholarship, my status in the portal got changed to "selection made" and in the insurance tab I get a warning: you are or have already been insured by DAAD.

Does anyone know what this means?

I am exactly in the same situation you are... Did you finally get it? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2018 at 12:25 PM, andrew_by said:

Hi,

I've applied for "Study Scholarships for Graduates of All Disciplines, 2018/19" in computer science from Belarus and my status "Selection made" is up for three weeks now.

My interview was on 5th of December.

Hi, did you mean your interview was on 5th of January, not December? :)

Edited by mkyemets

On 10/16/2018 at 2:15 AM, palepal said:

Hey,

regarding your questions 

1- haven´t read anything about you being unable to apply if you´re not residing in the country you were born. However, it makes sense it could affect your application since these courses are designed for people to go back to the development countries and make a signifcant change, and if you don´t reside in that country anymore or ar not planning to go back doesn´t make much sense for them to fund you

2-  A certified copy should have an ink signature and ink stamp confirming that it is a true copy of the original. The term original certified copy means you must submit the document that carries the original ink stamp and ink signature and not a photocopy or scanned printed copy of the certified copy.

3- In these kind of programs you apply directly to the Unis, regarding the accpetance and rejection it will depend on every Uni. However, what I´ve seen in this forum is that they will contact you to upload your documents to the DAAD portal and they will notify you there if you have been accepted or rejected.

hope this helps

Thank you vert much for taking this much time to write all of it.
thanks again
now it is December any one have received any reply  from universities?
Mine experience has been a see saw. 

Edited by Ghilman Dilshad