DAAD 2019-2020

Ghilman Dilshad

Hi everyone,

My statues has just changed to "Selection Made" after a very long "Application Submitted" longer than my fellows (appx. 3 weeks) what should that mean??

5 hours ago, Nodirjon said:

Hello from Uzbekistan. You most likely will receive an official letter soon, just be patient. However, in this forum someone pointed out that some people, at exceptional occasions, received "application rejected" even after "funding". Therefore I would not suggest to announce it to everyone who knows you. 

But I do hope that you will receive an official confirmation soon! Good luck!

In Uzbekistan, still silence. Some people got "selection made" status, some not, some got their "funding begin" and "funding end" dates changed. But no concise information about funding at all. 

I disagree that your status can turn to rejection after funding. Except there is something fraudulent discovered later in the application or its an outright lie from the poster

12 hours ago, Ufomba said:

I disagree that your status can turn to rejection after funding. Except there is something fraudulent discovered later in the application or its an outright lie from the poster

I didn't make it up from my mind, buddy. I am writing what people experienced. it was also noted in this forum earlier. Just FYI

3 hours ago, Nodirjon said:

I didn't make it up from my mind, buddy. I am writing what people experienced. it was also noted in this forum earlier. Just FYI

Thanks buddy....I completely understood you. As I said "funding" clearly means your scholarship app is not only accepted but have been approved by the HQ in Bonn. If they later withdraw it and change it to "rejection" and then pick someone in reserve list to replace the position then there MUST be something they later discovered in the app that is not right. "Funding" status is not automated it is deliberately updated by DAAD in Bonn. So if someone tells you "funding" changed to "rejection" then something's fishy happened

3 hours ago, Nodirjon said:

Thanks buddy....I completely understood you. As I said "funding" clearly means your scholarship app is not only accepted but have been approved by the HQ in Bonn. If they later withdraw it and change it to "rejection" and then pick someone in reserve list to replace the position then there MUST be something they later discovered in the app that is not right. "Funding" status is not automated it is deliberately updated by DAAD in Bonn. So if someone tells you "funding" changed to "rejection" then something's fishy happened

hello everyone, as I posted before, I applied for the EPOS scholarship to the SEPT MBA program in Uni Leipzig, my application went directly to the university (not to the DAAD portal), the last notification from the university that I received was when they received the application papers, from there I have not been contacted, on the other hand I already contacted the DAAD and they told me that I had to speak with the university directly in order to know my application status, so, when I spoke with them, they told me that I had to send an email (which I sent two weeks ago without any response from them yet), and they told me that I have to wait ....

considering the situation, what do you think might have happened? Will I have a chance to get a place in university and a scholarship?

Anyone in this forum who has applied for the SEPT MBA program?

Thanks for your comments ; )

4 hours ago, Peter Toth said:

Anyone here with the following situation?

I got excluded from the programmes which I chose when I applied for the DAAD scholarship. What if I get the scholarship anyway? Can I apply for another programme? 

I don't think that situation possible... at least in the EPOS scholarship which is the one I know, that situation is not posiible because you have to apply to the university directly.

Hi, you should email the course director to clarify your status. That’s what I actually did. If you are chosen, somebody from DAAD will email you about making an account to the DAAD portal, upload all the documents you mailed to the University and info on DAAD DUO. I have not recieved any letter of award but we are already starting the DAAD DUO language course. 

4 minutes ago, Camilord said:

hello everyone, as I posted before, I applied for the EPOS scholarship to the SEPT MBA program in Uni Leipzig, my application went directly to the university (not to the DAAD portal), the last notification from the university that I received was when they received the application papers, from there I have not been contacted, on the other hand I already contacted the DAAD and they told me that I had to speak with the university directly in order to know my application status, so, when I spoke with them, they told me that I had to send an email (which I sent two weeks ago without any response from them yet), and they told me that I have to wait ....

considering the situation, what do you think might have happened? Will I have a chance to get a place in university and a scholarship?

30 minutes ago, Camilord said:

I don't think that situation possible... at least in the EPOS scholarship which is the one I know, that situation is not posiible because you have to apply to the university directly.

I applied for Study Scholarship for Graduates of All Disciplines, and for us, the application to the university is a different thing from the scholarship itself. 

2 hours ago, Pkmnjan said:

Hi, you should email the course director to clarify your status. That’s what I actually did. If you are chosen, somebody from DAAD will email you about making an account to the DAAD portal, upload all the documents you mailed to the University and info on DAAD DUO. I have not recieved any letter of award but we are already starting the DAAD DUO language course. 

Thanks for you suggestion, I will do that. Talking about the language course, I would like to ask the following:

- When does your course started?

- How is the methodology?

- How long is the course, do you know the completion date?

- Are there scheduled classes or can you come in whenever you want?

- Is there any evaluation?

- Assuming that I win the scholarship, based on what you know about the course, do you think I could enter the course late or I already lose it because It already started?

On 4/9/2019 at 9:10 AM, Camilord said:

You won't get the DAAD-EPOS scholarship. I say so because the balance is tilted against your application. DAAD-EPOS scholars have started their online intensive language course. If you didn't get a response from Leipzig kindly be critical about it.

Warmest Regards.

22 hours ago, Camilord said:

Thanks for you suggestion, I will do that. Talking about the language course, I would like to ask the following:

- When does your course started?

- How is the methodology?

- How long is the course, do you know the completion date?

- Are there scheduled classes or can you come in whenever you want?

- Is there any evaluation?

- Assuming that I win the scholarship, based on what you know about the course, do you think I could enter the course late or I already lose it because It already started?

Are you emailed to join the language class? If yes go into DUO with your DAAD reference number for DUO its in the attached letter. If you didn't get the email relax a little. Although the course has started.

5 hours ago, csddd said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the dates of the scholarship after being accepted?

DAAD chose the date. Thanks

9 minutes ago, Jyldyz said:

I finally got my official letter. Summer school will be in Munich. Is anyone's else Summer school also in Munich ?

Congratulations. Team Munich here!!! Did you also apply for PhD funding or Masters?

1 hour ago, Suz_91 said:

Congratulations. Team Munich here!!! Did you also apply for PhD funding or Masters?

Thanks :) I applied for the Master in all disciplines. and you? Is your language center also Carl Duisberg ? I didnt understand about the residence permit thing. it is written that when we get one, it will be  valid only untill the end of the course. So, I assume before it ends we should apply for another residence permit by providing the certificate of acceptance to the university. Or what do you think ? 

6 hours ago, Ufomba said:

You won't get the DAAD-EPOS scholarship. I say so because the balance is tilted against your application. DAAD-EPOS scholars have started their online intensive language course. If you didn't get a response from Leipzig kindly be critical about it.

Warmest Regards.

Are you emailed to join the language class? If yes go into DUO with your DAAD reference number for DUO its in the attached letter. If you didn't get the email relax a little. Although the course has started.

DAAD chose the date. Thanks

Thank you for your answers, indeed I have not received any response from the university, and I have already contacted them several times, now I am losing the hope  ... I think youre right

50 minutes ago, Camilord said:

for those who were still waiting for an answer, do you have any updates?

I sent an email in the DAAD portal asking for clarification on why my funding dates had changed but my status was updated to 'Selection Made', and received a response yesterday saying that my application was still in process and had to be reviewed by the division manager. 

It seems as though some regions are still finalizing their decisions whereas others have already made their selections. So I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for now I guess.

giphy.gif

Edit: I forgot to say I applied for Master's Scholarship for Graduates of All Academic Disciplines, in case it matters. 

Edited by DSegundo
Forgot to add info

2 hours ago, Jyldyz said:

Thanks :) I applied for the Master in all disciplines. and you? Is your language center also Carl Duisberg ? I didnt understand about the residence permit thing. it is written that when we get one, it will be  valid only untill the end of the course. So, I assume before it ends we should apply for another residence permit by providing the certificate of acceptance to the university. Or what do you think ? 

Great stuffs..!! I applied for PhD. Yes at Carl’s Duisberg too. You don’t need to worry about resident permit at all, we will figure it out when we are there. For now we have to just make sure you we get to Munich...

See you soon!!