DAAD 2019-2020

Ghilman Dilshad

2 hours ago, Artaud said:

Is there any Latin American applying for PhD here? Or if there is anyone from Chile or Argentina I would like to know about his/her status.

I've received my award letter and I'm from Mexico. I applied for PhD. The DAAD informed me that I have been selected for the scholarship since March 6th but they said that I must wait until the portal notification. And finally, yesterday I received all the documents.

44 minutes ago, Nadmar said:

I've received my award letter and I'm from Mexico. I applied for PhD. The DAAD informed me that I have been selected for the scholarship since March 6th but they said that I must wait until the portal notification. And finally, yesterday I received all the documents.

Congratulations Nadmar! And thanks for sharing. I wanted to know if the notifications depend on the region. On March 7th I was informed that I have been nominated as a reserve candidate, but I haven't received any news since then. 

4 hours ago, Artaud said:

Is there any Latin American applying for PhD here? Or if there is anyone from Chile or Argentina I would like to know about his/her status.

I'm not from Latin America but my country is grouped into the region for DAAD purposes, if you see my previous post it seems to indicate they are still making decisions for our region.

Hi everyone, 

Do you guys know if it is possible to ask for the change of the location of summer school???  My friend also got scholarship, but her location Gottingen and she would like to go to the same summer school with me in Munich. 

4 hours ago, DSegundo said:

I'm not from Latin America but my country is grouped into the region for DAAD purposes, if you see my previous post it seems to indicate they are still making decisions for our region.

I'm in a similar situation, they changed my funding dates but still selection made.

5 hours ago, Jyldyz said:

Hi everyone, 

Do you guys know if it is possible to ask for the change of the location of summer school???  My friend also got scholarship, but her location Gottingen and she would like to go to the same summer school with me in Munich. 

Hi.. I changed mine. Speak to your region representative to find out if it’s possible..

All the best.

1 hour ago, Suz_91 said:

Hi.. I changed mine. Speak to your region representative to find out if it’s possible..

All the best.

oh wow really? who did you contact to change the location? What was your location in the beginning ? 

19 hours ago, Nadmar said:

Can you share what was written in the letter of selection?

Hey everybody, I've just found this forum! Congratulations to everyone else who has received an award :D 

I'm from the US and I've been awarded a DAAD scholarship for a two-year MA. My situation has become a little complicated for a couple reasons-- I was offered a job in Hamburg before receiving the scholarship, and I also haven't applied to my host universities yet because 1) the application windows just opened up and 2) because I thought I wouldn't get the scholarship anyway and would probably just take the job.  My  first choice program on the application was in Erfurt and my second choice was in Kiel.

Now that I've been awarded the scholarship AND gotten the job (which is amazing but kinda overwhelming), my second choice uni is looking more attractive to me. It's significantly closer to Hamburg, which would mean I'd be able to continue working at this company in some capacity (albeit as a mini-job or whatever works best with the scholarship constraints). The job is relevant to my masters program and doing both over the next two years would ultimately put me in a better situation to apply for jobs, etc when I'm done.  However, my concern is that in my acceptance letter, it says that I have to be accepted to Erfurt to officially receive the scholarship (though I originally thought that going to any of my three uni options would be possible).

So my questions are, is anybody else considering attending a different program than the one they originally listed as their first choice? Has anyone else not officially been accepted into their university programs yet? And what do you guys think my chances are of getting the DAAD to approve both an institution change and a small side job? (Or am I deluded? haha)

Edited by Animke
typo

1 hour ago, Animke said:

Hey everybody, I've just found this forum! Congratulations to everyone else who has received an award :D 

I'm from the US and I've been awarded a DAAD scholarship for a two-year MA. My situation has become a little complicated for a couple reasons-- I was offered a job in Hamburg before receiving the scholarship, and I also haven't applied to my host universities yet because 1) the application windows just opened up and 2) because I thought I wouldn't get the scholarship anyway and would probably just take the job.  My  first choice program on the application was in Erfurt and my second choice was in Kiel.

Now that I've been awarded the scholarship AND gotten the job (which is amazing but kinda overwhelming), my second choice uni is looking more attractive to me. It's significantly closer to Hamburg, which would mean I'd be able to continue working at this company in some capacity (albeit as a mini-job or whatever works best with the scholarship constraints). The job is relevant to my masters program and doing both over the next two years would ultimately put me in a better situation to apply for jobs, etc when I'm done.  However, my concern is that in my acceptance letter, it says that I have to be accepted to Erfurt to officially receive the scholarship (though I originally thought that going to any of my three uni options would be possible).

So my questions are, is anybody else considering attending a different program than the one they originally listed as their first choice? Has anyone else not officially been accepted into their university programs yet? And what do you guys think my chances are of getting the DAAD to approve both an institution change and a small side job? (Or am I deluded? haha)

Congrats!!! Dont worry about the school. DAAD funds any of the three Universities you chose while you were applying for scholarship. As long as the Uni for which you apply was put in the three priority Uni list of the DAAD scholarship . At least that is what our regional DAAD office told me.  

1 hour ago, Animke said:

By the way , where is your summer school going to be ? 

30 minutes ago, Jyldyz said:

Congrats!!! Dont worry about the school. DAAD funds any of the three Universities you chose while you were applying for scholarship. As long as the Uni for which you apply was put in the three priority Uni list of the DAAD scholarship . At least that is what our regional DAAD office told me.  

Thank you! That's a huge relief to hear! Have you already been accepted to your university of choice? 

30 minutes ago, Jyldyz said:

By the way , where is your summer school going to be ? 

I didn't apply for a summer school track(just the Masters), so I'm not sure how they work. I apparently get access to an optional language course online over the summer, but my funding starts in October. I'm already in Germany rn (finishing 2nd year of a Fulbright English TA program) and I'll be in Hamburg over the summer for this job :) Where is yours? Ist it a language course or something else?

1 hour ago, Animke said:

SO basically, when you are awarded with the scholarship, you can choose to study ANY of German universities, as long as you follow the program/course of Masters you indicated as an intended degree to obtain. By this I mean, if you got acceptance letter from TU Dortmund for your MA degree in Management, but you chose MA in Management in TU Munich, TU Berlin and TU Frankfurt as your 3 desired universities in your application, you still have a right to go to TU Dortmund. 

SO the scholarship does not limit you to those 3 universities U indicated in ur application (this is what I heard from regional DAAD Coordinator, btw, I am from Uzbekistan). And finally, CONGRATZ for double achievement! Hope you will decide wisely and, most importantly, choose the one from which you can take the most! All the best!

On 4/12/2019 at 6:29 PM, Animke said:

Thank you! That's a huge relief to hear! Have you already been accepted to your university of choice? 

I didn't apply for a summer school track(just the Masters), so I'm not sure how they work. I apparently get access to an optional language course online over the summer, but my funding starts in October. I'm already in Germany rn (finishing 2nd year of a Fulbright English TA program) and I'll be in Hamburg over the summer for this job :) Where is yours? Ist it a language course or something else?

That is great, u get to spend summer in Hamburg. It is a very dynamic and beautiful city. 
Yeah one of the Universities accepted me, but the problem is that the studies start there on 9th of september and I have summer school till 1st of october in Munich. Moreover, the funding on letter of award is indicated to start from the 1st of october, So I dont know if I could get residence permit for the period of studies before enrollment date of the University.  I contacted our regional office, they should respond me tomorrow. But I still have two more Universities to apply for, they are less problematic in terms of date of studies.
what about your Universities? 

On 4/12/2019 at 6:42 PM, Nodirjon said:

SO basically, when you are awarded with the scholarship, you can choose to study ANY of German universities, as long as you follow the program/course of Masters you indicated as an intended degree to obtain. By this I mean, if you got acceptance letter from TU Dortmund for your MA degree in Management, but you chose MA in Management in TU Munich, TU Berlin and TU Frankfurt as your 3 desired universities in your application, you still have a right to go to TU Dortmund. 

SO the scholarship does not limit you to those 3 universities U indicated in ur application (this is what I heard from regional DAAD Coordinator, btw, I am from Uzbekistan). And finally, CONGRATZ for double achievement! Hope you will decide wisely and, most importantly, choose the one from which you can take the most! All the best!

By the way is it still silent in Uzbekistan? It is already the middle of April 

Hello everyone, I am glad I found this forum, I am in need to know what you did after getting the award letters for the summer language classes.

From what I understood while reading is: that the acceptance letter "Annahmeerklärung" must be uploaded within 14 days, which we already received in the documents of the award letters in the portal on the 4th of April (I am running a little out of time)

Where exactly should I upload this acceptance letter in order to confirm the award? and I should not modify it, just download it from the portal and submit it?

The next step is the, Declaration of consent for the pro-cessing of health data "Einwilligung zur Verarbeitung der Gesundheitsdaten" which I have not received, do I receive it after successfully uploading the declaration of acceptance? this as well needs to be uploaded within 14 days...

Please, if someone can help me clear these points out, I would be profoundly grateful!

Edited by Fadi Hajouan

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:04 PM, Soh.Bhatt said:

Simply download and upload it back by clicking on the acceptance of declaration option. You don't need to sign. 

Hello everyone, I am glad I found this forum, I am in need to know what you did after getting the award letters for the summer language classes.

From what I understood while reading is: that the acceptance letter "Annahmeerklärung" must be uploaded within 14 days, which we already received in the documents of the award letters in the portal on the 4th of April (I am running a little out of time)

Where exactly should I upload this acceptance letter in order to confirm the award? and I should not modify it, just download it from the portal and submit it?

The next step is the, Declaration of consent for the pro-cessing of health data "Einwilligung zur Verarbeitung der Gesundheitsdaten" which I have not received, do I receive it after successfully uploading the declaration of acceptance? this as well needs to be uploaded within 14 days...

Please, if someone can help me clear these points out, I would be profoundly grateful!

18 hours ago, Jyldyz said:

By the way is it still silent in Uzbekistan? It is already the middle of April 

Nothing here. Some status changes, some people got their status lost, i.e., just empty space, some people got their "funding start" and "funding end" dates changed. But no clear answer. I called German Embassy and talked to a responsible person for Scholarships, but she is rude, mean and does not have any proper tone of talking to people. So did not get any answers from her too. Last year they announced it on April 3, but this year it's too weird. 

I'm just still waiting. Wish us patience and luck)

3 hours ago, Nodirjon said:

Nothing here. Some status changes, some people got their status lost, i.e., just empty space, some people got their "funding start" and "funding end" dates changed. But no clear answer. I called German Embassy and talked to a responsible person for Scholarships, but she is rude, mean and does not have any proper tone of talking to people. So did not get any answers from her too. Last year they announced it on April 3, but this year it's too weird. 

I'm just still waiting. Wish us patience and luck)

Oh I am sure you will get the results very soon. Before I got my status changed to "funding", I remember my status went totally blank for two days. So maybe the fact that some applicants' statuses are blank is a good sign :) Wish you luck 

Hi Guys

For future references for people who apply for DAAD scholarships next year, I want to update you on what my case is going, I just received the following communication from the university:

"First of all, we would like to thank you for your patience throughout the selection process. We were overwhelmed by the extremely high number of good applications and it was not an easy task to shortlist the best candidates. Herewith we would like to inform you that the Selection Committee decided to put you as Nr. 2 on the reserve list. This means that in case any of the main candidates decline their scholarship for some reason, according to your position on the list you will be notified and given the chance to take over their place. We are proud that we were able to attract outstanding applicants such as you. We hope we can contact you soon with good news; if not - we wish you the very best in your future academic and personal pursuits."

I hope to have good news soon, any in this forum that is or has been on reserve list?, I would like to know your experience.

Edited by Camilord

7 hours ago, Camilord said:

Hi Guys

For future references for people who apply for DAAD scholarships next year, I want to update you on what my case is going, I just received the following communication from the university:

"First of all, we would like to thank you for your patience throughout the selection process. We were overwhelmed by the extremely high number of good applications and it was not an easy task to shortlist the best candidates. Herewith we would like to inform you that the Selection Committee decided to put you as Nr. 2 on the reserve list. This means that in case any of the main candidates decline their scholarship for some reason, according to your position on the list you will be notified and given the chance to take over their place. We are proud that we were able to attract outstanding applicants such as you. We hope we can contact you soon with good news; if not - we wish you the very best in your future academic and personal pursuits."

I hope to have good news soon, any in this forum that is or has been on reserve list?, I would like to know your experience.

I am, but the number was not mentioned :D They told me that the waiting can last up until September ..

10 minutes ago, Martin1994 said:

I am, but the number was not mentioned :D They told me that the waiting can last up until September ..

Thanks for your answer, what program, university and scholarship did you applied?