DAAD 2019-2020

Ghilman Dilshad

On 4/15/2019 at 1:15 PM, Nodirjon said:

Nothing here. Some status changes, some people got their status lost, i.e., just empty space, some people got their "funding start" and "funding end" dates changed. But no clear answer. I called German Embassy and talked to a responsible person for Scholarships, but she is rude, mean and does not have any proper tone of talking to people. So did not get any answers from her too. Last year they announced it on April 3, but this year it's too weird. 

I'm just still waiting. Wish us patience and luck)

Nodirjon, check your application, the results for Uzbekistan started coming out! I just got mine last night!

By the way, everyone who got 'Funding' eventually received the acceptance letter from DAAD?

23 hours ago, Martin1994 said:

I am, but the number was not mentioned :D They told me that the waiting can last up until September ..

On 4/16/2019 at 8:58 AM, Camilord said:

Hi Guys

For future references for people who apply for DAAD scholarships next year, I want to update you on what my case is going, I just received the following communication from the university:

"First of all, we would like to thank you for your patience throughout the selection process. We were overwhelmed by the extremely high number of good applications and it was not an easy task to shortlist the best candidates. Herewith we would like to inform you that the Selection Committee decided to put you as Nr. 2 on the reserve list. This means that in case any of the main candidates decline their scholarship for some reason, according to your position on the list you will be notified and given the chance to take over their place. We are proud that we were able to attract outstanding applicants such as you. We hope we can contact you soon with good news; if not - we wish you the very best in your future academic and personal pursuits."

I hope to have good news soon, any in this forum that is or has been on reserve list?, I would like to know your experience.

Hey there. I am in the same situation. DAAD told me I am on the reserve list at the beginning of March, but didn't say anything about the number. Does it depend on the region? They also told me I have to wait until June for news.

On 4/17/2019 at 8:10 AM, Alisher Kadirov said:

Nodirjon, check your application, the results for Uzbekistan started coming out! I just got mine last night!

By the way, everyone who got 'Funding' eventually received the acceptance letter from DAAD?

Did you get the scholarship?

Hi everyone, long time reader first time poster here. 

I've been looking at "selection made" for weeks now, has anybody else who interviewed in the London office gotten any news?

Details:

- Graduate scholarship for all disciplines

- Subject: Theoretical Physics

- Interview date: March 25th 2019

I think it's an understatement to say I'm losing my mind here, so anything is appreciated

10 hours ago, Aurevoir said:

Did you get the scholarship?

Yes i got the scholarship. My status updated to 'funding' early in the morning, and after 3 hours I've received official documents regarding the scholarship. It seems like they have only provided 12-14 students from Uzbekistan this year.

Cheers

On 4/10/2019 at 4:19 PM, Jyldyz said:

I finally got my official letter. Summer school will be in Munich. Is anyone's else Summer school also in Munich ?

My language class will be in Munich. You can send me your number through private message lets WhatsApp

On 4/17/2019 at 11:10 AM, Alisher Kadirov said:

Thanks, Alisher! And congratulations! Hope you will enjoy your stay in Germany! My status is still "preselection made". I know more than 8 people who have the same status still. However, some already got rejections, some on reserve list and some got funding. I am waiting for my official "rejection" now, because, I guess that they already warned grantees. But some claim that it could still change, but idk, honestly. Seems like the scholarship is not a good fit for me. 

Anyways, so gald for you, brother! 

Update for anybody who interviewed in London:

I spoke to the London office and they said there have been delays due to the Easter break, so the results of

interviews can be expected early to mid next week

3 hours ago, CianR said:

Update for anybody who interviewed in London:

I spoke to the London office and they said there have been delays due to the Easter break, so the results of

interviews can be expected early to mid next week

So no chance to be announced during this week? Right?

Btw, nice to meet a colleague. Also applied in daad London for theoretical physics! Where are u planning to apply? Is it for master?

4 hours ago, 6ares said:

So no chance to be announced during this week? Right?

Btw, nice to meet a colleague. Also applied in daad London for theoretical physics! Where are u planning to apply? Is it for master?

There's always a chance, especially if they announce in batches.

If I were to guess though I'd say we won't see news until about next Tuesday.

Nice to meet you too! I'll be applying for the elite master in mathematical and theoretical physics in LMU, the mathematical physics master courses in Hamburg and Tuebingen

(if I can pay for it of course)

47 minutes ago, CianR said:

There's always a chance, especially if they announce in batches.

If I were to guess though I'd say we won't see news until about next Tuesday.

Nice to meet you too! I'll be applying for the elite master in mathematical and theoretical physics in LMU, the mathematical physics master courses in Hamburg and Tuebingen

(if I can pay for it of course)

Ahhh it s sooo longgg. It s frustratingg.

!!! That s great! lmu mathematical physics is also my first choice. Then it s Heidelberg and Hamburg (if I find funding source too). Good luck with your applications!! 

Just now, 6ares said:

Ahhh it s sooo longgg. It s frustratingg.

!!! That s great! lmu mathematical physics is also my first choice. Then it s Heidelberg and Hamburg (if I find funding source too). Good luck with your applications!! 

You too! I'll post here whether its good news or bad and if we both get it (somehow) then we can talk to each other about our plans

Hi guys! I'm Riel Ingeniero from the Philippines. Anyone who's language course will be in Berlin? I'll be in Berlin starting June 1. I'll be doing my PhD at GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research in Kiel by October.

12 hours ago, riel said:

Hi guys! I'm Riel Ingeniero from the Philippines. Anyone who's language course will be in Berlin? I'll be in Berlin starting June 1. I'll be doing my PhD at GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research in Kiel by October.

I will be in Berlin, starting 1st June too! :)

for those who are on the reserve list, I would like to ask if you have had any news about your status? (positive or negative), from my part I have not yet heard anything ☹.  

On 4/12/2019 at 8:42 AM, Nodirjon said:

SO basically, when you are awarded with the scholarship, you can choose to study ANY of German universities, as long as you follow the program/course of Masters you indicated as an intended degree to obtain. By this I mean, if you got acceptance letter from TU Dortmund for your MA degree in Management, but you chose MA in Management in TU Munich, TU Berlin and TU Frankfurt as your 3 desired universities in your application, you still have a right to go to TU Dortmund. 

SO the scholarship does not limit you to those 3 universities U indicated in ur application (this is what I heard from regional DAAD Coordinator, btw, I am from Uzbekistan). And finally, CONGRATZ for double achievement! Hope you will decide wisely and, most importantly, choose the one from which you can take the most! All the best!

Hmm, I called and asked the office in Bonn responsible for my region about this very thing last week, and was told that I would not be able to use the scholarship for schools other than those three I indicated in my application. You're saying your regional office gave you a different set of information? 

giphy.gif

Edited by DSegundo

20 hours ago, Camilord said:

for those who are on the reserve list, I would like to ask if you have had any news about your status? (positive or negative), from my part I have not yet heard anything ☹.  

No news here... You should not expect anything soon coz usually the canceling of the funding happens in August or September, I guess... ?