DAAD 2019-2020

Ghilman Dilshad

On 12/27/2018 at 12:10 PM, hailytran said:

I haven't heard from them yet. I really like this program and already had a research topic. Only this program can help me with my research so I'm crossing my fingers now. The website said that they will inform shortlisted candidates within Dec-Jan. I was shortlisted to Helmut Schmidt and now dropped behind in the waitlist, unless there's somebody declines the offer, so they can take me into consideration. Which program did you apply at Weimar? :) 

Wow, good for you. You have a back-up in case you didn't get one. I hope you get admitted to both. :) I'm applying for the Natural Hazard and Risk in Structural Engineering Program at Weimar.

On 12/28/2018 at 1:22 PM, shaider900 said:

Wow, good for you. You have a back-up in case you didn't get one. I hope you get admitted to both. :) I'm applying for the Natural Hazard and Risk in Structural Engineering Program at Weimar.

Thank you! I'm worrying too much now. Not sure if I can get the Schmidt one since I'm on the waitlist, but hopefully I can also be shortlisted to EPOS. :) All the best luck for you with your program!

10 hours ago, hailytran said:

which program are you applying for? what was the app deadline? 

Hi @hailytran. I applied for the MSc in International Horticulture program at Hannover. The application dead line was on October 1st and they send me an email confirming the receipt of the documents that day but I haven't heard from them since. 

Edited by Camila Gonzalez29

On 1/5/2019 at 11:11 PM, Camila Gonzalez29 said:

Hi @hailytran. I applied for the MSc in International Horticulture program at Hannover. The application dead line was on October 1st and they send me an email confirming the receipt of the documents that day but I haven't heard from them since. 

Did you review their website. Do they list the timeline for scholarship application? I applied for Gottingen and they it said that they would inform me within Dec-Jan if I got shortlisted. Some scholarships took months :) 

On 12/13/2018 at 8:25 PM, Gyedu said:

Hi, everyone. Anyone applying for the DAAD Research Grant for Ph.D. I applied last year without any luck so I'm trying my luck this year, again. Three weeks ago I got an email from the DAAD portal asking for my whereabouts in the months of January and February. I have already started my Ph.D. in Germany so of course, I told him I will be in Germany. He then told me that if I will be in my home country (Ghana) there will be an organized interview for all applicants. Since I told him I will be in Germany during the period I was informed then that my application will be decided based on the submitted documents in Bonn and no interview is required. 

When I applied last year from Ghana, there was no such message or interview. Anyone also in this situation? 

Same goes to me. I got an email saying that the application will be selected based on the submitted document. The meeting will be held this month and hopefully, we will be blessed with the DAAD fundings. Mine is Bi-Nationally Supervised Doctoral Degree.

Edited by ilyana

37 minutes ago, ilyana said:

Same goes to me. I got an email saying that the application will be selected based on the submitted document. The meeting will be held this month and hopefully, we will be blessed with the DAAD fundings. Mine is Bi-Nationally Supervised Doctoral Degree.

Hi, Ilyana,

Are you already in Germany? If not, which country are you applying from or perhaps where is your home country?

3 hours ago, Homoiu said:

@hailytran what happens if you have been shortlisted is that means that you got the scholarship ?

you will have an interview with them. Then they will sort you out one more time: you will be either chosen as scholarship holder or waitlister (means that if anyone declines the offer, you stand a chance to be chosen). 

Edited by hailytran

On 1/8/2019 at 6:57 PM, Gyedu said:

Hi, Ilyana,

Are you already in Germany? If not, which country are you applying from or perhaps where is your home country?

Hi Gyedu,

Sorry for late reply. I applied it from Malaysia. Are you applying for Bi-Nationally Doctoral Supervised research grant as well?

18 hours ago, ilyana said:

Hi Gyedu,

Sorry for late reply. I applied it from Malaysia. Are you applying for Bi-Nationally Doctoral Supervised research grant as well?

No, I am applying for The Doctoral Research Grant

On 11/11/2018 at 11:20 AM, Cecília Fernandes said:

Hello!

Did anyone here apply for EPOS Scholarship 2019-2020? Did you have to do anything else besides sending the documents to the University?

Hi, I already had an interview with the university, They told me I was shortlisted and I receive this email on dic 20

"I am pleased to inform you that you have been nominated for a DAAD scholarship for the master course “Integrated Water Resources Management” at TH Köln.

In order to finalize the selection process, you are kindly requested to register at the DAAD Portal, the online system for DAAD scholarship applications. Even though you already forwarded your application to the desired host university/postgraduate course, you need to fill in the DAAD application form and upload your documents via this DAAD Portal.

With this information, you have not been awarded a scholarship yet!, Your online application must be submitted via the DAAD Portal at the latest until 31.12.2018, Only after finalizing the selection process, the Letters of Award can be drafted and will be sent via the Portal within the next months."

I sent the info via the portal, but no more emails since then.

Anyone in the same situation?

On 1/17/2019 at 2:04 AM, Isaramirezca said:

Hi, I already had an interview with the university, They told me I was shortlisted and I receive this email on dic 20

"I am pleased to inform you that you have been nominated for a DAAD scholarship for the master course “Integrated Water Resources Management” at TH Köln.

In order to finalize the selection process, you are kindly requested to register at the DAAD Portal, the online system for DAAD scholarship applications. Even though you already forwarded your application to the desired host university/postgraduate course, you need to fill in the DAAD application form and upload your documents via this DAAD Portal.

With this information, you have not been awarded a scholarship yet!, Your online application must be submitted via the DAAD Portal at the latest until 31.12.2018, Only after finalizing the selection process, the Letters of Award can be drafted and will be sent via the Portal within the next months."

I sent the info via the portal, but no more emails since then.

Anyone in the same situation?

Hi, Isaramirezca. Congrats! :)) My girlfriend is in the same situation, TU Dresden called her and gave her the link to the DAAD Portal yesterday. TU Dresden also said that the administrative process of DAAD is kinda slow, so she should expect the finalization of the awardees to be from February to March. 

On 1/17/2019 at 9:58 PM, shaider900 said:

Hi, Isaramirezca. Congrats! :)) My girlfriend is in the same situation, TU Dresden called her and gave her the link to the DAAD Portal yesterday. TU Dresden also said that the administrative process of DAAD is kinda slow, so she should expect the finalization of the awardees to be from February to March. 

Thank you! and Congrats to your girlfriend. Some fried of mine, who won the Scholarship last year, seid the same thing, so we will have to wait.

On 10/1/2018 at 4:50 PM, JuliaDm93 said:

Hi everyone! 

This year I`m applying for DAAD architecture. Can anyone say me please, when were the results in last year announced? 

Thanks! 

its almost four months now and still nothing, Any one knows when DAAD will announce the scholarship results for the architecture part

On 1/23/2019 at 4:08 AM, Mubarek said:

its almost four months now and still nothing, Any one knows when DAAD will announce the scholarship results for the architecture part

Hi! which is your state now?