Gender/Feminist Studies (Fall 2019)

That's awesome!

Congratulations!!

When did you receive your notice?

Unfortunately, I didn't hear back and unsure if there's a wait list of some sort.

Thank you. 

21 minutes ago, saramariek said:

Yes! I'm being flown out for an interview in February! I think they have ten interview applicants 

I think I just read your submission post (Re: interview email on Jan10).

Congratulations, again ??

On 1/9/2019 at 2:23 PM, gradhopeful96 said:

Out of curiosity, are you all applying straight out of undergrad or applying with a masters/other work experience? 

I’m applying straight from undergrad! Graduating this May. But, I applied to both MA and PhD programs because I’m nervous that they’ll favor applicants who have more education/work experience. 

22 hours ago, stressedandconfused said:

I’m applying straight from undergrad! Graduating this May. But, I applied to both MA and PhD programs because I’m nervous that they’ll favor applicants who have more education/work experience. 

same, i'm graduating in may also! and that's cool, how did you decide which programs to do phd and which to do MA? i'm applying phd only

13 hours ago, gradhopeful96 said:

same, i'm graduating in may also! and that's cool, how did you decide which programs to do phd and which to do MA? i'm applying phd only

I actually only applied to MA programs that had funding (I could only find two). Otherwise, I applied to the PhD. I actually just got accepted to the MA at UW-Madison with 2 years of funding! But I’m really nervous waiting to hear back from the other programs. 

18 hours ago, stressedandconfused said:

@gradhopeful96 also how did your OSU interview go? I just finished mine... I was thrown off by the fact that there were 5 faculty members in the call! I didn’t expect so many lol. 

i think it went okay! i didn't have that many in my call haha. want to PM more about it?

Did anyone else apply to University of Michigan's Psychology and Women's Studies program? And if so, have you heard anything? It looks like most of the other psychology programs in the department heard back on 1/11/19, but I can't find anything in the results database for this degree.

2 hours ago, hdclark said:

Did anyone else apply to University of Michigan's Psychology and Women's Studies program? And if so, have you heard anything? It looks like most of the other psychology programs in the department heard back on 1/11/19, but I can't find anything in the results database for this degree.

I haven't heard anything either! I was under the impression we probably wouldn't be hearing anything until closer to february/mid-february,  but I could definitely be wrong. I'm anxious to hear from them though!! :)

58 minutes ago, saramariek said:

I haven't heard anything either! I was under the impression we probably wouldn't be hearing anything until closer to february/mid-february,  but I could definitely be wrong. I'm anxious to hear from them though!! :)

That's good to know, I'm not sure what the regular timeline is for Women's Studies programs. Most Psychology programs let you know by the end of January it seems like.

Anyone else applying to the York (in Toronto, Canada) Gender, Feminist & Women's studies PhD program? That's the one I applied to. Everything else I applied to in Communications :)

2 hours ago, jmc117 said:

Anyone else applying to the York (in Toronto, Canada) Gender, Feminist & Women's studies PhD program? That's the one I applied to. Everything else I applied to in Communications :)

I really wanted to but the funding there isn’t the best for international students ?