DidoofCarthage

5 hours ago, Rafailz said:

Princeton is my home institution and its very behind on applications for some reasons. I had a conversation with the DGS and he also mentioned mid to end of February. Also please remember that Princeton accepts some people he does not interview, unlike other institutions.

Thank you for the heads up on Princeton. 

Yep. From the graduate coordinator. It should be an interesting interview at fifteen minutes allotted: by far the shortest that I've done. "Hi my name is Hellanicus and I study.... - TIMES UP." I wouldn't be totally freaked out if you haven't heard from them yet. It isn't entirely clear what is happening on the Harvard front at the moment.

Just now, caecilius said:

Thanks! I don’t know about all of you but I get super paranoid, I keep waiting for them to say ‘We’ve made a mistake and don’t actually want you...’ imposter syndrome! 

omg thats exactly what I'm thinking!! Thats why I asked whether the interview means anything haha 

39 minutes ago, caecilius said:

Thanks! I don’t know about all of you but I get super paranoid, I keep waiting for them to say ‘We’ve made a mistake and don’t actually want you...’ imposter syndrome! 

LOL same when I got my visit weekend invite I actually delayed responding for a couple hours in case they sent me an "oops wrong person" email!

2 hours ago, nubisater said:

Interviewed with Harvard today. It was extremely short (14mins). Not sure whether it’s a good sign:///

What was it like?  And did they tell you anything about timeline/what type of people were interviewed/etc?

5 hours ago, Oulomenen said:

What was it like?  And did they tell you anything about timeline/what type of people were interviewed/etc?

Standard questions i guess (why harvard why Classics etc). Nothing too specific. 

Results are gonna come out in 2-3weeks. 

10 hours ago, nubisater said:

Interviewed with Harvard today. It was extremely short (14mins). Not sure whether it’s a good sign:///

I wouldn't interpret the length as a bad sign at all. They're just being businesslike, probably. Mine also fell in the ~15 minute zone (as they predicted).

I definitely found it one of my more pleasant interview experiences. Mine was essentially 10 minutes of writing sample talk and then 5 for the meta (why Harvard) type questions. Last year Harvard put out offers two weeks after interviews. I guess we can start getting anxious around the 24th.

Best of luck to everyone! This was my last interview in the cycle (with the exception of whatever might happen with Princeton). Should be an interesting few weeks

Edited by Hellanicus

Been lurking for a while so I figured I might post. I’m an undergrad applying in Philology. 

So far I’ve been accepted by UWisconsin Madison and CU Boulder, rejected by Chicago, and interviewed at USC and UIllinois U-C. I haven’t heard anything from the ones who interviewed me, but I know USC sent out offers about a week ago and I haven’t heard anything from them, so I’m assuming I’m waitlisted. Has anyone heard from UT Austin or from UToronto’s MA program? I know someone mentioned they got a funded offer from Toronto a while ago, but I didn’t know if they did PhD and MA funding/decisions together or separately. 

Congrats to everyone getting acceptances and good luck to those of us still waiting for news!

Figure I'll chime in:

I've heard from Boston and was told I'll be contacted presently (hopefully for an interview).

I interviewed with Rutgers last week and Johns Hopkins on February 1st. I was accepted by Hopkins informally from the chair via email two hours after that. That is my first choice because of their strong burgeoning Neo-Latin programme, and I'm elated to work with Shane Butler.

I'm waitlisted at UVA and UCLA. The latter is a tempting prospect.

Still nothing from Cornell or Chicago. Sounds like others have heard from both of those schools, though, so I'm not expecting anything positive from those. All in all, I'm fairly sure I'm going with JHU, but I'll have a better idea when I visit in March.

Good luck to all. This process is hellish, but not as hellish as a job outside of academia.