TGCA

Looking for Bloggers!

Hey All,

We will be opening up user blogging once again with the hopes of creating consistent content around:

1) The application process (how-to's, tips, dealing with stress, etc.)

2) Topics while attending (life in grad school)

3) Life after school (if I had to do it all over again, finding work, etc.)

4) Program specific (if you feel strongly about a program and have a lot to share)

If you are interested, please respond with a topic of choice and I'll PM you with more details!

For those who aren't aware of the blog ---> https://forum.thegradcafe.com/blogs/

Thanks!

In case you missed it, shout out to @ResilientDreams with the forum's first blog post in 2018.

@ResilientDreams will be posting content under Applying to Grad School and a few other topics. The goal is to have 4 or 5 topics covered where we can share the link and content can easily be consumed on the topic of your choice.

If anyone else wants to share their experiences in one of the topics above, PM me.

I have been wanting to blog around here for about 5 years now yet kept on missing the windows...

Not sure which topic I fall under as I am one of the oldest members around here.  As such, I have a different take on the application process and on both life before and after graduate school.  Granted, I have yet to graduate from grad school myself, am currently in an MS program, and will be applying to Ph.D. programs next year, I have been out in the world for longer than, well, a long time.  I also have had to navigate through both undergrad and now an MS program largely on my own with zero help (including financial) from family and/or friends.  I have a lot to talk about.   

Edited by Crucial BBQ

On 12/14/2018 at 3:19 PM, Crucial BBQ said:

I have been wanting to blog around here for about 5 years now yet kept on missing the windows...

Not sure which topic I fall under as I am one of the oldest members around here.  As such, I have a different take on the application process and on both life before and after graduate school.  Granted, I have yet to graduate from grad school myself, am currently in an MS program, and will be applying to Ph.D. programs next year, I have been out in the world for longer than, well, a long time.  I also have had to navigate through both undergrad and now an MS program largely on my own with zero help (including financial) from family and/or friends.  I have a lot to talk about.   

@TGCA

I am about to graduate and would be happy to share any useful info and details of my Journal to getting a Psy-D which may be useful to some others. 

I'd like to be a blogger!   Count me in as category 2 and/or 4.

I'd be happy to share how-to's! Please PM me details. [Link removed]

I would love to talk about the first topic since I have been facing this myself and have been applying to many grants/scholarships, dealing with applications and everything that comes with it! 

I would be interested in doing blogs about dealing with rejection and ways to improve your chances at graduate acceptances

Posted (edited)

I would love to blog about 1 and 2! I’m about to enter my first year and was already planning on keeping some kind of account of my experiences.

Edit: oh, this is from last year and someone bumped it. Well at any rate, if you’re still looking for bloggers to regularly contribute I would definitely like to. 

Edited by NeilM

Could I do 2 and 4 please? I have not started school yet but I will in the fall and I LOVE my field