Position in Class: ---
Type of Student: male, international

GRE Scores (revised/old version):
Q: 156 (61%)
V: 151 (52%)
W: 3.0 (17%)
S: 820 (85%)

IELTS 7.5

Research Experience:  4 years in computational chemistry, 3 years in organic chemistry, 4 pubs in good journals (1 first author). 5th is on the way. 1 summer of research in the US; 3 conferences (posters)

Awards/Honors/Recognitions: Intel ISEF winner. Does it even count? I guess not.

Pertinent Activities or Jobs: 2 summers as a tutor at science camps in my free time.

Any Miscellaneous Accomplishments that Might Help:

Special Bonus Points: 

Any Other Info That Shows Up On Your App and Might Matter:

Applying to Where: UIC (accepted, 12/11); UMich, Ann Arbor (interview, 12/21); UW-Madison, MIT, Princeton, Columbia (no asnwer yet).

I think I've overestimated myself a little bit. Regarding UW-Madison, my profile is open too. Seems like they have what they want...

Which program of UM did you apply? Chemical bio?

On 1/4/2019 at 6:45 PM, SCRY30 said:

So have you received the official offer from them? I assume it's UCLA?

Yeah, the call stated I was accepted and that I would receive an email, which they sent the day after and contained the official letter.

On 1/9/2019 at 6:00 PM, jeter59 said:

At this point could it hurt to email Columbia to ask, or would a rejection just be released earlier?

Just keep waiting, I think. I was very fortunate to receive an acceptance email today, so they're definitely still sending decisions out!

20 hours ago, changstein_d19 said:

it seems like based on the results page that Berkeley already sent out all unofficial acceptances and if you haven't been contacted by a prof then it's likely that you didn't get admitted. Sad!

Darn. Didn’t think I’d get in but still sad. 

4 hours ago, chemphysbus said:

Just keep waiting, I think. I was very fortunate to receive an acceptance email today, so they're definitely still sending decisions out!

Congrats on the acceptance! Here's hoping they're not done sending them, haha.

2 hours ago, arriv said:

Does anyone know if NYU has sent out any decisions?

I don't know if they've sent any, but I do have a friend who is still waiting on a decision from them, so hopefully both of you will hear from them soon!

Any chance that anyone has heard about Princeton or Stanford?

32 minutes ago, impulsechemist said:

Any chance that anyone has heard about Princeton or Stanford?

Based on previous submissions, I think Stanford typically releases decisions in late January (probably closer to the 21st). Not sure about Princeton.

Any chance anyone has heard from Harvard ChemBio (not the CCB program)?

4 minutes ago, wwwwwwww said:

I’m hoping to get into U Michigan but it looks like they sent acceptances out already :(

Hey, don't be desperate. As I understand, they send their offers in waves. And they haven't sent offers to internationals for the moment, by the way.

2 hours ago, Masington said:

Hey, don't be desperate. As I understand, they send their offers in waves. And they haven't sent offers to internationals for the moment, by the way.

Really? Do they separate the offers for domestic and international students?

4 hours ago, Masington said:

I'm not an international student though.

19 hours ago, SCRY30 said:

Really? Do they separate the offers for domestic and international students?

There are plenty of offers for domestic and no offers for international students from UMich, according to this year's statistics. All I know is that they have already conducted interviews for the first wave of international applicants.