Jump to content
AntiSpinel

Chemistry Fall 2019 cycle

Recommended Posts

Looks like Stanford sent out some acceptances today, there's a few reported on the results page.

Does anyone know if they typically send them all out in one day? Should I be sad that I didn't get an email?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, chemphysbus said:

Looks like Stanford sent out some acceptances today, there's a few reported on the results page.

Does anyone know if they typically send them all out in one day? Should I be sad that I didn't get an email?

Where is this results page? I've seen quite a few people reference it

Edit: Wait, nvm, just found it haha

Edited by impulsechemist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chemphysbus said:

Looks like Stanford sent out some acceptances today, there's a few reported on the results page.

Does anyone know if they typically send them all out in one day? Should I be sad that I didn't get an email?

Someone on gradcafe compiled all results submissions from last year, so maybe this can help! https://fretpwner.shinyapps.io/GradCafeStatistics/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone heard for Purdue yet? Seems like the interviews/offers should have been sent out already judging from previous years' timeline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chembioforlife said:

Princeton just told me I'm waitlisted. Does anyone know how this works? What can i do to increase my chances of getting in?

Waitlisted as well. Did you still get invitation for campus visit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2019 at 9:29 AM, jaykslee said:

Anyone heard for Purdue yet? Seems like the interviews/offers should have been sent out already judging from previous years' timeline.

They also say they have rolling admissions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, chemthrowaway said:

Anyone hear back from MIT yet for organic?

Also want to know.

Does anyone get the interview from MIT ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 12:56 PM, wwwwwwww said:

Anyone hear back from CU Boulder yet? I really want to go there.

I just got in! Really happy bc it's high on my list :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, eggsalads said:

I just got in! Really happy bc it's high on my list :)

How were you notified?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, azr9971 said:

How were you notified?

They just sent me one of those "Check your status emails" so I logged into the portal and the acceptance letter was there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hsnuoscar said:

Also want to know.

Does anyone get the interview from MIT ?

Also @chemthrowaway: I have had a phone interview on 7 Jan with MIT. 7 Jan appears to be reserved for an entire day of interviews, as we were made to choose from some 10-20 interview timeslots on that day. I have been told that decisions will be made end Jan-early Feb. I'm also currently waiting so all the best! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AntiSpinel said:

Also @chemthrowaway: I have had a phone interview on 7 Jan with MIT. 7 Jan appears to be reserved for an entire day of interviews, as we were made to choose from some 10-20 interview timeslots on that day. I have been told that decisions will be made end Jan-early Feb. I'm also currently waiting so all the best! 

Do you have any idea how they decide to interview people? I'm assuming they don't interview everyone (I feel like I would have heard about this?) and also I don't want to give up hope because I didn't get an interview haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, impulsechemist said:

Do you have any idea how they decide to interview people? I'm assuming they don't interview everyone (I feel like I would have heard about this?) and also I don't want to give up hope because I didn't get an interview haha

Unfortunately I have no clue as to the interview selection process, but I was interviewed for what seems to be the inorganic/materials/energy/nanoscience division. I'm not too sure if the physical or organic departments have interviews for MIT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chemthrowaway said:

RIP, didn't get an interview. Guess I'm rejected!

Don't jump to conclusions yet! I've heard from some grad students at my university that MIT doesn't interview everyone they accept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, impulsechemist said:

 Do you have any idea how they decide to interview people? I'm assuming they don't interview everyone (I feel like I would have heard about this?) and also I don't want to give up hope because I didn't get an interview haha

 

5 hours ago, AntiSpinel said:

Unfortunately I have no clue as to the interview selection process, but I was interviewed for what seems to be the inorganic/materials/energy/nanoscience division. I'm not too sure if the physical or organic departments have interviews for MIT?

 

I also had a phone interview on Jan 7th and I applied to inorganic group.

Most of the questions were about my undergrad research and I don't think I performed well in the interview...

I assume that the phone interview is only for international students, and maybe only for inorganic group, so don't give up too early.

Edited by hsnuoscar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, hsnuoscar said:

 

 

I also had a phone interview on Jan 7th and I applied to inorganic group.

Most of the questions were about my undergrad research and I don't think I performed well in the interview...

I assume that the phone interview is only for international students, and maybe only for inorganic group, so don't give up too early.

Hello fellow inorganic applicant :) not sure who the call was intended for but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.