Chemistry Fall 2019 cycle

AntiSpinel

Looks like Stanford sent out some acceptances today, there's a few reported on the results page.

Does anyone know if they typically send them all out in one day? Should I be sad that I didn't get an email?

20 minutes ago, chemphysbus said:

Looks like Stanford sent out some acceptances today, there's a few reported on the results page.

Does anyone know if they typically send them all out in one day? Should I be sad that I didn't get an email?

Where is this results page? I've seen quite a few people reference it

Edit: Wait, nvm, just found it haha

Edited by impulsechemist

2 hours ago, chemphysbus said:

Someone on gradcafe compiled all results submissions from last year, so maybe this can help! https://fretpwner.shinyapps.io/GradCafeStatistics/

2 hours ago, chembioforlife said:

Princeton just told me I'm waitlisted. Does anyone know how this works? What can i do to increase my chances of getting in?

Waitlisted as well. Did you still get invitation for campus visit?

7 hours ago, hsnuoscar said:

Also want to know.

Does anyone get the interview from MIT ?

Also @chemthrowaway: I have had a phone interview on 7 Jan with MIT. 7 Jan appears to be reserved for an entire day of interviews, as we were made to choose from some 10-20 interview timeslots on that day. I have been told that decisions will be made end Jan-early Feb. I'm also currently waiting so all the best! 

1 minute ago, AntiSpinel said:

Also @chemthrowaway: I have had a phone interview on 7 Jan with MIT. 7 Jan appears to be reserved for an entire day of interviews, as we were made to choose from some 10-20 interview timeslots on that day. I have been told that decisions will be made end Jan-early Feb. I'm also currently waiting so all the best! 

Do you have any idea how they decide to interview people? I'm assuming they don't interview everyone (I feel like I would have heard about this?) and also I don't want to give up hope because I didn't get an interview haha

3 minutes ago, impulsechemist said:

Do you have any idea how they decide to interview people? I'm assuming they don't interview everyone (I feel like I would have heard about this?) and also I don't want to give up hope because I didn't get an interview haha

Unfortunately I have no clue as to the interview selection process, but I was interviewed for what seems to be the inorganic/materials/energy/nanoscience division. I'm not too sure if the physical or organic departments have interviews for MIT?

2 minutes ago, chemthrowaway said:

RIP, didn't get an interview. Guess I'm rejected!

Don't jump to conclusions yet! I've heard from some grad students at my university that MIT doesn't interview everyone they accept.

5 hours ago, impulsechemist said:

5 hours ago, AntiSpinel said:

Unfortunately I have no clue as to the interview selection process, but I was interviewed for what seems to be the inorganic/materials/energy/nanoscience division. I'm not too sure if the physical or organic departments have interviews for MIT?

I also had a phone interview on Jan 7th and I applied to inorganic group.

Most of the questions were about my undergrad research and I don't think I performed well in the interview...

I assume that the phone interview is only for international students, and maybe only for inorganic group, so don't give up too early.

Edited by hsnuoscar

21 minutes ago, hsnuoscar said:

I also had a phone interview on Jan 7th and I applied to inorganic group.

Most of the questions were about my undergrad research and I don't think I performed well in the interview...

I assume that the phone interview is only for international students, and maybe only for inorganic group, so don't give up too early.

Hello fellow inorganic applicant :) not sure who the call was intended for but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone

On 1/17/2019 at 3:57 PM, CaptainSaru said:

They also say they have rolling admissions

Thanks for the reply. I did submit early (11/24) but the english waiver went on the 4th which is only the day before the deadline... I hope its not the case of you were fine but applied too late kind of thing...

On 1/18/2019 at 11:41 PM, eggsalads said:

I just got in! Really happy bc it's high on my list :)

Congrats :) What field are you applying to? I applied to Boulder for organic and they havent notified me yet :(