Jump to content

Chemistry Fall 2019 cycle


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reject me already! I can not stand the silence.

no one freak out about grad schools, I just got into a top 10-15 school with a 3.0

I've applied to similar grad schools as yours, give or take a few! However, I am applying for physical/inorganic materials. From what I recall, these schools do not make decisions until late this

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, chemphysbus said:

Looks like Stanford sent out some acceptances today, there's a few reported on the results page.

Does anyone know if they typically send them all out in one day? Should I be sad that I didn't get an email?

Where is this results page? I've seen quite a few people reference it

Edit: Wait, nvm, just found it haha

Edited by impulsechemist
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chemphysbus said:

Looks like Stanford sent out some acceptances today, there's a few reported on the results page.

Does anyone know if they typically send them all out in one day? Should I be sad that I didn't get an email?

Someone on gradcafe compiled all results submissions from last year, so maybe this can help! https://fretpwner.shinyapps.io/GradCafeStatistics/

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chembioforlife said:

Princeton just told me I'm waitlisted. Does anyone know how this works? What can i do to increase my chances of getting in?

Waitlisted as well. Did you still get invitation for campus visit?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hsnuoscar said:

Also want to know.

Does anyone get the interview from MIT ?

Also @chemthrowaway: I have had a phone interview on 7 Jan with MIT. 7 Jan appears to be reserved for an entire day of interviews, as we were made to choose from some 10-20 interview timeslots on that day. I have been told that decisions will be made end Jan-early Feb. I'm also currently waiting so all the best! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AntiSpinel said:

Also @chemthrowaway: I have had a phone interview on 7 Jan with MIT. 7 Jan appears to be reserved for an entire day of interviews, as we were made to choose from some 10-20 interview timeslots on that day. I have been told that decisions will be made end Jan-early Feb. I'm also currently waiting so all the best! 

Do you have any idea how they decide to interview people? I'm assuming they don't interview everyone (I feel like I would have heard about this?) and also I don't want to give up hope because I didn't get an interview haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, impulsechemist said:

Do you have any idea how they decide to interview people? I'm assuming they don't interview everyone (I feel like I would have heard about this?) and also I don't want to give up hope because I didn't get an interview haha

Unfortunately I have no clue as to the interview selection process, but I was interviewed for what seems to be the inorganic/materials/energy/nanoscience division. I'm not too sure if the physical or organic departments have interviews for MIT?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, impulsechemist said:

 Do you have any idea how they decide to interview people? I'm assuming they don't interview everyone (I feel like I would have heard about this?) and also I don't want to give up hope because I didn't get an interview haha

 

5 hours ago, AntiSpinel said:

Unfortunately I have no clue as to the interview selection process, but I was interviewed for what seems to be the inorganic/materials/energy/nanoscience division. I'm not too sure if the physical or organic departments have interviews for MIT?

 

I also had a phone interview on Jan 7th and I applied to inorganic group.

Most of the questions were about my undergrad research and I don't think I performed well in the interview...

I assume that the phone interview is only for international students, and maybe only for inorganic group, so don't give up too early.

Edited by hsnuoscar
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, hsnuoscar said:

 

 

I also had a phone interview on Jan 7th and I applied to inorganic group.

Most of the questions were about my undergrad research and I don't think I performed well in the interview...

I assume that the phone interview is only for international students, and maybe only for inorganic group, so don't give up too early.

Hello fellow inorganic applicant :) not sure who the call was intended for but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 3:57 PM, CaptainSaru said:

They also say they have rolling admissions

Thanks for the reply. I did submit early (11/24) but the english waiver went on the 4th which is only the day before the deadline... I hope its not the case of you were fine but applied too late kind of thing...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 11:41 PM, eggsalads said:

I just got in! Really happy bc it's high on my list :)

Congrats :) What field are you applying to? I applied to Boulder for organic and they havent notified me yet :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.