2019 Education Applications

Infinite glitter

8 minutes ago, OperationPhDforMe said:

I am applying to Northwestersn   PhD in HDSP and I'm anxiously awaiting. Good to see there's movement for at least some of the programs.

I believe they have a separated schedule for different programs, so stay tuned! LS+CS seems to be the first to get interviews, according to last year's record. 

On 12/15/2018 at 8:32 AM, naoone said:

Good luck everyone!? Now the waiting game ?

I am glad I can't really obsessively check the site yet - not very many results posts from Education PhD programs yet. I've applied to schools for science Ed so looking forward to connecting/working with some of you (hopefully) in the future. I've only heard of 2/11 schools I applied to (early Dec deadlines) which makes me nervous for the others but I should realistically wait for Jan/Feb.

Just want to say congrats to everyone who  completed apps while in the midst of the DEVOLSON, we made it through!

Hi. I'm quite surprised you have already heard back about so many schools! Congrats! When did you apply to Michigan and when did you hear back? I applied to the Math Education one. 

8 hours ago, cater99 said:

Hi. I'm quite surprised you have already heard back about so many schools! Congrats! When did you apply to Michigan and when did you hear back? I applied to the Math Education one. 

Thanks! The majority of contact I've been having over the past two months has been the professors reaching out directly to talk about my application via phone or Skype and then the formal acceptances came later -- still waiting on funding info for most of the schools. I applied to Michigan whenever the deadline was, I can't remember now. A professor from U of M reached out at the end of last week and I've been talking to two science ed professors this week. We talked about their plans to take on a cohort of students in Fall 2020 with some new faculty coming on this year. I get the feeling that each department reaches out on their own time schedules. Best of luck with your applications ?

6 hours ago, naoone said:

Thanks! The majority of contact I've been having over the past two months has been the professors reaching out directly to talk about my application via phone or Skype and then the formal acceptances came later -- still waiting on funding info for most of the schools. I applied to Michigan whenever the deadline was, I can't remember now. A professor from U of M reached out at the end of last week and I've been talking to two science ed professors this week. We talked about their plans to take on a cohort of students in Fall 2020 with some new faculty coming on this year. I get the feeling that each department reaches out on their own time schedules. Best of luck with your applications ?

Thanks for your info! Best luck with remaining programs too.

Hi!  A few questions and an update.

Does anyone have insight into timelines at Wisconsin's School of Education?  They're the last decision I'm waiting on at the moment (assumed rejection at Harvard, and waiting on my local backup university for an interview at the end of the month).  I've seen Wisconsin results posted this year for Ed Policy, but not for Curriculum and Instruction.  And there's minimal historical data - decisions 2 or more years ago seemed to come out around this time in February.

Is anyone else visiting Minnesota in a couple of weeks?  I'm really looking forward to it!

Finally - for posterity - I'm in at University of Missouri and I'm impressed with the English Education program.  They haven't clarified funding yet - I just know I've been submitted for a big University level fellowship - but communication has been great and the program is in the process of being renamed and re-titled to focus more on literacy, discourse, social justice... if that's your jam and you're reading this in future years, they may be worth a look! 

Does anyone know anything about U Buffalo’s Education, Culture, and Society PhD? I got in but no funding for first year students. Trying to determine how strong the program is. They also don’t have student profiles so I need to contact someone to see if they have a student I can talk to because there’s not enough info online about this program.

7 hours ago, eternalreturn said:

Does anyone have insight into timelines at Wisconsin's School of Education?  They're the last decision I'm waiting on at the moment (assumed rejection at Harvard, and waiting on my local backup university for an interview at the end of the month).  I've seen Wisconsin results posted this year for Ed Policy, but not for Curriculum and Instruction.  And there's minimal historical data - decisions 2 or more years ago seemed to come out around this time in February.

Is anyone else visiting Minnesota in a couple of weeks?  I'm really looking forward to it!

Finally - for posterity - I'm in at University of Missouri and I'm impressed with the English Education program.  They haven't clarified funding yet - I just know I've been submitted for a big University level fellowship - but communication has been great and the program is in the process of being renamed and re-titled to focus more on literacy, discourse, social justice... if that's your jam and you're reading this in future years, they may be worth a look! 

I have already received a reject,Wisconsin did not send me an email,I found the bad news on the website. I wish you get good news soon!

12 hours ago, JB91 said:

Is there anyone who has applied to a masters in International Education or related fields? Which are the colleges/universities you have targeted?

Hi! I have also applied for the iep program of Harvard,do you hear anything back?

45 minutes ago, Ran1126 said:

I have already received a reject,Wisconsin did not send me an email,I found the bad news on the website. I wish you get good news soon!

Sorry about your result, but thank you so much for the info, @Ran1126 - I appreciate it! Best of luck in your other applications! 

5 hours ago, Ran1126 said:

Hi! I have also applied for the iep program of Harvard,do you hear anything back?

That's great! No, I have not heard back so far. Results are usually out in the first week of March. I am also currently waiting for IEDP UPenn, SSCE at UCLA, and IED at TC, Columbia. Did anyone hear from any of these?

53 minutes ago, JB91 said:

That's great! No, I have not heard back so far. Results are usually out in the first week of March. I am also currently waiting for IEDP UPenn, SSCE at UCLA, and IED at TC, Columbia. Did anyone hear from any of these?

Wow I also applied for the same programs at UPenn and UCLA, but different program at Columbia. I still wait for their news. Hope we all can get some offers!

30 minutes ago, Ran1126 said:

Wow I also applied for the same programs at UPenn and UCLA, but different program at Columbia. I still wait for their news. Hope we all can get some offers!

Yes. All the best to us! :)

21 hours ago, eternalreturn said:

I'll be heading to Minnesota in a few weeks! I'm super excited as it was my top choice program.

On 2/9/2019 at 1:14 PM, eternalreturn said:

@eternalreturn I know your post asks about decisions from C&I, but just wanted to let folks know I received and acceptance today for UW Madison's Masters program in Ed. Leadership & Pol. Analysis. Received an e-mail around 2:30 today about the acceptance.

Thank you, @ljolon and congratulations!  Still radio silence for C&I PhD - keeping my fingers crossed!

@SPEDucator - I'll see you in Minneapolis!  I think Minnesota is my frontrunner too, but want to know about Wisconsin, either way, before I get too resolved?