Jump to content
Infinite glitter

2019 Education Applications

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, ForTheLoveofEd said:

Has anyone received an invite for the Learning Sciences Interview Day at Northwestern? I only saw one posted on the results page last Friday.

I think they have sent out all invitations for LS and CSLS. I received one for CSLS on February 1st. Since they share the same program assistant, I don't think if things could be very different. Good luck to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, civitas said:

I think they have sent out all invitations for LS and CSLS. I received one for CSLS on February 1st. Since they share the same program assistant, I don't think if things could be very different. Good luck to you!

Thanks! When you received your invite, was it a mass email from the program assistant or was it more personalized?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ForTheLoveofEd said:

Thanks! When you received your invite, was it a mass email from the program assistant or was it more personalized?

I think it is a generalized one, and it accompanies a deadline for me to confirm. My deadline was February 7th, and the interview date is 21st/22nd. I believe the date for LS must be different, can be a week later or so (of which I have no idea).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heyo - I noticed that this program doesn't get a lot of play on this thread, probs because it's super small; I just got in last week so wondering if there's anyone out there who has applied and thinking about going! *Chime in*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad I found this thread. Did anyone accept the offer from UT Austin college of education? They said, they could not guarantee the funding for a ph.d. student. Is it common? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, yusr said:

I'm glad I found this thread. Did anyone accept the offer from UT Austin college of education? They said, they could not guarantee the funding for a ph.d. student. Is it common? 

I heard another applicant from China said so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, civitas said:

I heard another applicant from China said so. 

Thank you for sharing your information... 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, yusr said:

I'm glad I found this thread. Did anyone accept the offer from UT Austin college of education? They said, they could not guarantee the funding for a ph.d. student. Is it common? 

4 hours ago, civitas said:

I heard another applicant from China said so. 

I've been accepted to UT Austin for a PhD. They said they would be sending out funding letters in early March. Are you going to the accepted student's day on Monday? My guess is that they will go into funding more then. My advisor was able to give me some information, but no specific numbers yet. It may depend on your program though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SPEDucator said:

 

I've been accepted to UT Austin for a PhD. They said they would be sending out funding letters in early March. Are you going to the accepted student's day on Monday? My guess is that they will go into funding more then. My advisor was able to give me some information, but no specific numbers yet. It may depend on your program though.

 

Thank you for sharing. I've heard the answer directly from the coordinator that they can't guarantee the funding. (Also told that my advisor will be assigned after I make a decision -enroll to UT Austin.) It'll vary according to the program as you say, but oh well. Even, student day? That's quite news to me...  I guess I wasn't an impressive applicant! Still, I should wait until early March and make a decision. Thanks a lot! 😭😭😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yusr said:

Thank you for sharing. I've heard the answer directly from the coordinator that they can't guarantee the funding. (Also told that my advisor will be assigned after I make a decision -enroll to UT Austin.) It'll vary according to the program as you say, but oh well. Even, student day? That's quite news to me...  I guess I wasn't an impressive applicant! Still, I should wait until early March and make a decision. Thanks a lot! 😭😭😭

I'm so sorry! Here is the information I was given about the student visit day (https://education.utexas.edu/campus-visit-day) if that helps. I know the wait is hard and I'm dying to hear about funding. I know they can't guarantee it, but I do think that they fund the majority of their grad students. With how competitive the field is, they wouldn't get the candidates they want without funding. I would hold off until you get the funding letter. I've also heard that once you are on a project you are likely to stay on it until it ends or you choose to move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys I am applying to an master’s of science in disability services in higher education through City University of New York. Is anyone applying to this program? It’s online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if anyone else is waiting on Wisconsin C&I - saw there was an acceptance on the results page - congrats!  I've got a visit planned early next week to another school and e-mailed Wisconsin to request an update on when to expect a decision - want to walk in to my visit knowing options to the best of my ability.  Received a reply back from Wisconsin C&I that they hope to have all Ph.D. decisions out by the end of next week.  Figured I'd share in case it would help anyone else!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eternalreturn said:

Not sure if anyone else is waiting on Wisconsin C&I - saw there was an acceptance on the results page - congrats!  I've got a visit planned early next week to another school and e-mailed Wisconsin to request an update on when to expect a decision - want to walk in to my visit knowing options to the best of my ability.  Received a reply back from Wisconsin C&I that they hope to have all Ph.D. decisions out by the end of next week.  Figured I'd share in case it would help anyone else!

Hey that was me! My POI called me and informally accepted me, then a week later I got the official acceptance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ooof said:

Hey that was me! My POI called me and informally accepted me, then a week later I got the official acceptance. 

Congratulations!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2019 at 7:22 AM, yusr said:

Thank you for sharing. I've heard the answer directly from the coordinator that they can't guarantee the funding. (Also told that my advisor will be assigned after I make a decision -enroll to UT Austin.) It'll vary according to the program as you say, but oh well. Even, student day? That's quite news to me...  I guess I wasn't an impressive applicant! Still, I should wait until early March and make a decision. Thanks a lot! 😭😭😭

I got more info on funding feel free to PM me if you want to talk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SPEDucator said:

I got more info on funding feel free to PM me if you want to talk.

You might have visited the Student's day! Your sharing will help my decision, thank you so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I am a newbie here. Recently I applied to a local university (UOIT) here in the Greater Toronto Area for an MEd.. To my shock, my application was rejected. I am currently an adjunct professor and have an undergrad and post-grad certificate as well.

I am now expanding my search to institutions all over the world. The caveat is, I want to start as soon as possible and it must be 100% online. Ideally, a full-time 1-year program as well.

Are my expectations unreasonable? If you have any school suggestions, please let me know.

(sorry if this is in the wrong thread/sub-forum)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

To keep myself from going through my application portals continuously, I decided to start this thread to find out more about other applicants. 

Who else is applying to international education related programs for Fall 2019? What are your backgrounds? Who have you heard from so far?

I have applied to NYU Steinhardt, Columbia TC, and MIIS. So far I've heard back from NYU and MIIS, although I haven't heard about financial aid for NYU. I graduated from college in 2015 and have since done Fulbright and Peace Corps. I haven't taken the GREs so that's why I didn't apply to Penn IEDP. 

I hope to meet some of you in the fall!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2019 at 1:31 AM, rizwaan said:

Hi all,

I am a newbie here. Recently I applied to a local university (UOIT) here in the Greater Toronto Area for an MEd.. To my shock, my application was rejected. I am currently an adjunct professor and have an undergrad and post-grad certificate as well.

I am now expanding my search to institutions all over the world. The caveat is, I want to start as soon as possible and it must be 100% online. Ideally, a full-time 1-year program as well.

Are my expectations unreasonable? If you have any school suggestions, please let me know.

(sorry if this is in the wrong thread/sub-forum)

If you are targeting this year, then Europe has the application period open. Not sure of the other places. I only applied to the US, few programs such as UPenn, George Washington, Columbia, NY should have admissions open. They accept rolling applications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone so I am wondering if there are any doctor of education, edd applicants waiting? I know that mid-march is not here yet but I somehow still check the grad forum and my email too often lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LittleTwo said:

Hi all,

To keep myself from going through my application portals continuously, I decided to start this thread to find out more about other applicants. 

Who else is applying to international education related programs for Fall 2019? What are your backgrounds? Who have you heard from so far?

I have applied to NYU Steinhardt, Columbia TC, and MIIS. So far I've heard back from NYU and MIIS, although I haven't heard about financial aid for NYU. I graduated from college in 2015 and have since done Fulbright and Peace Corps. I haven't taken the GREs so that's why I didn't apply to Penn IEDP. 

I hope to meet some of you in the fall!

Sorry I clearly meant to post this somewhere else! I'm still curious if there are any other applicants to these programs on this thread though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BooksFoodie said:

Hello everyone so I am wondering if there are any doctor of education, edd applicants waiting? I know that mid-march is not here yet but I somehow still check the grad forum and my email too often lol. 

I am waiting for an Ed.D. decision from TC Columbia myself. Saw some Ph.D. decisions from a similar program on the results page here on Friday, so hopefully the Ed.D decisions are also coming (very) soon. What programs are you waiting to hear from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trekhgornyval said:

I am waiting for an Ed.D. decision from TC Columbia myself. Saw some Ph.D. decisions from a similar program on the results page here on Friday, so hopefully the Ed.D decisions are also coming (very) soon. What programs are you waiting to hear from?

I am currently waiting for Johns Hopkins. I am doing my best to be patient but I will admit that the anticipation is intense lol. That is also super amazing! Columbia TC is a wonderful school and you will be super equipped!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else expecting results this week? March 11th to the 15th? I hope you all get good news and post your acceptance letter hints/conspiracies here. LOL. ughhhh....no LOL just trying to get to sleep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.