Columbia University MSW Fall 2019

MettaSutta

On 2/11/2019 at 9:58 PM, MSW1313 said:

I also submitted my application on the last day of the priority deadline - 1120pm on deec 7th to be exact! And I received my admissions decision today. I'll be visiting the campus this weekend.. I'd like to make a decision in the next week. Any thoughts on Columbia vs NYU?

Congratulations on your acceptances! I'm struggling between NYU and Columbia. If you don't mind, could you share your experiences after your visit--I think it would be really helpful! TIA 

28 minutes ago, ss0112 said:

Congratulations on your acceptances! I'm struggling between NYU and Columbia. If you don't mind, could you share your experiences after your visit--I think it would be really helpful! TIA 

i am choosing btw NYU and possibly Columbia if i am accepted aswell. i went 3 weeks ago to visit the campus. You can PM me if you have any questions! 

Just now, Mswgirl7878 said:

@mswguy hi! Do you mind sharing if you applied for any scholarships for the $15K? Anxiously waiting to hear back about financial aide!  

Did not apply for anything, just received an email regarding financial aid and it showed I had a 15k scholarship along with the loans I could take out.

15 hours ago, minniepoptarte said:

For those of you who earned a scholarship - where do you see that information? Is it somewhere in the portal, or did you get an email? 

I got an email. 

2 hours ago, Kristin8791 said:

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back? I applied for the 2 year residential program and the anxiety is killing me.

yes! i applied for the two year residential also. when did you submit your application?

Edited by toofunny

6 hours ago, Kristin8791 said:

I submitted in time to meet the priority deadline so I feel like it’s not looking so good for me.

I was ? sure I didn't have a chance with Columbia because I didn't get into NYU but then I got into Columbia. (Coincidentally, my opinion of NYU has fallen dramatically recently NOT THAT I'M BITTER.) My point, and I do have one, is you really never know until you get a response. 

7 minutes ago, catatap said:

I was ? sure I didn't have a chance with Columbia because I didn't get into NYU but then I got into Columbia. (Coincidentally, my opinion of NYU has fallen dramatically recently NOT THAT I'M BITTER.) My point, and I do have one, is you really never know until you get a response. 

Yeah, I didn’t get into BU last year but I got into Columbia. MSW admissions are weird.

2 hours ago, catatap said:

Thank you for the good news and vote of confidence! I will keep my fingers crossed but thankfully I do have other options