Columbia University MSW Fall 2019

MettaSutta

On 3/16/2019 at 1:25 PM, 18coffees said:

I just sent in my tuition deposit for Columbia! So excited and can't wait to meet people!

Congrats!  Are you taking any of the three waiver exams? 

On 2/14/2019 at 7:06 AM, minniepoptarte said:

Got my acceptance yesterday! I am so excited! I emailed them immediately to ask when aid will be posted and they said 2 weeks. I have a 2-year-old so a strong aid offer is a deal breaker for me. However, I am so happy to have been a strong enough applicant to earn an acceptance; I have really come to terms with it most likely not being affordable. 

Hi! Congratulations on your acceptance! I've applied to American and Canadian schools, and as a Canadian cannot justify the costs of Columbia over the Canadian school I have been accepted to! I got my acceptance yesterday, and am waiting for a funding package as well! Best of luck to you :)

37 minutes ago, toofunny said:

I just got my admission decision and i have been wait listed! Honestly just happy it wasn't a rejection. Can't believe Columbia even considered me.

When did you apply? I know how it feels I was waitlisted you UW Seattle. I have had rejections too so yes it’s better?! Where else did you apply. With the high cost of Columbia I’m sure spots will open if it’s your choice to wait and see. 

Just now, Capturedvitality said:

When did you apply? I know how it feels I was waitlisted you UW Seattle. I have had rejections too so yes it’s better?! Where else did you apply. With the high cost of Columbia I’m sure spots will open if it’s your choice to wait and see. 

I applied to Columbia on 2/6. I am currently a Gender & Women's Studies major and Philosophy minor at the University of Kentucky. So i applied to the MSW program at UK and should hear by the end of the week. I also applied to UT- Arlington, because my parents live about an hour from there, and got accepted. Columbia is my top choice but it wouldn't kill me to stay at UK. Columbia said they would let me know the final decision by 4/19. More waiting which i hate, but it should be fine either way!

10 minutes ago, toofunny said:

I applied to Columbia on 2/6. I am currently a Gender & Women's Studies major and Philosophy minor at the University of Kentucky. So i applied to the MSW program at UK and should hear by the end of the week. I also applied to UT- Arlington, because my parents live about an hour from there, and got accepted. Columbia is my top choice but it wouldn't kill me to stay at UK. Columbia said they would let me know the final decision by 4/19. More waiting which i hate, but it should be fine either way!

That’s nice that Columbia told you a date. UW said it could be all the way into September till they tell you if they have a spot! Good luck! It’s good to know you have a school to go to regardless of the rest! 

3 minutes ago, Capturedvitality said:

That’s nice that Columbia told you a date. UW said it could be all the way into September till they tell you if they have a spot! Good luck! It’s good to know you have a school to go to regardless of the rest! 

Thank you!

17 hours ago, toofunny said:

I just got my admission decision and i have been wait listed! Honestly just happy it wasn't a rejection. Can't believe Columbia even considered me.

I got waitlisted too! I was SO surprised...there are other schools I didn't get into that don't have near the reputation that Columbia does for it's program. So I'm a little confused, but I'll take it...

1 hour ago, sadyeball said:

I got waitlisted too! I was SO surprised...there are other schools I didn't get into that don't have near the reputation that Columbia does for it's program. So I'm a little confused, but I'll take it...

what concentration and specialization did you apply for?

33 minutes ago, toofunny said:

what concentration and specialization did you apply for?

My concentration is Advanced Clinical Social Work Practice and the specialization is Family, Youth, and Children's Services!

5 minutes ago, sadyeball said:

My concentration is Advanced Clinical Social Work Practice and the specialization is Family, Youth, and Children's Services!

I applied for Policy Practice and Contemporary Social Issues. I have seen no one else with the same ones as me. ?