MFA 2019 Freak Out Forum

justaylor

16 minutes ago, Ais said:

it was from the grad help email, there seems to be a problem with my transcripts and I think thats the reason I was directed there. I still assume they will contact everyone via email before we need to use the check my status portal

Ah ok thanks! Rutgers was the only one of my apps who required physical transcripts which was kind of annoying ?

On 1/26/2019 at 4:15 PM, Lemon2Lemonade said:

Congratulations on your upcoming Royal College of Art interview!!! That's so great, I heard it's really hard to get an interview invitation there. I saw that you got waitlisted at Cornell last year, how soon did they contact you after the application deadline? Crossing my fingers for you that all goes well on Monday, and for your SAIC interview too! Please let me know when Ruskin calls. I haven't heard anything from anyone ?

Thank you so much! I think I heard back from Cornell a few weeks after the application deadline. The moment I hear from Ruskin, I'll let you know! And don't worry, you'll hear back soon :) 

hi all! 

Anyone applied to parsons fine arts? Got an interview invite email this morning and my interview will be in two days (!)

this is the first school I heard back from so I do feel reassured but also nervous as heck abt the interview hehehe

Edited by xu6ing

20 hours ago, Ais said:

Is anyone interviewing for Tyler (painting)/ meeting current students this coming Saturday? I've a Skype interview (international applicant), really nervous about it being a video call!

Also any Rutgers applicants - got an email about checking my status on their applicant status page - have done so but it says no decision - I assume we will be rejected or invited to interview via email first? nervous incase I don't check the status page and miss an interview invite! 

Thanks for your comment, Ais! I didn't realize there is a separate "check application status" portal until I saw your msg and went to google it. Saw that they're missing my official transcript too and somehow also one of my letter of recommendation, which is so strange since I'm v sure all my recommenders had submitted their letters to both the gen application and the slideroom portion. :( Emailed admission office to figure this out. 

Has anyone had experience with this situation before? UARK did contact me a week ago bc they didn't have my official transcript there too and was told my application was forwarded to the appropriate dept after they received it. Now it's Rutgers. *sigh* :(  

On 1/25/2019 at 9:00 PM, justaylor said:

I’m living and teaching in Spain until August so the only interviews I will be able to do will be via Skype. I honestly do not think that it matters wether you are there in person or not. If you make an impact and have a successful interview it shouldn’t matter. Obviously I feel incredibly apprehensive about network issues but I’m going to go the extra mile to ensure I have an Ethernet connection and everything is in perfect working order. At the end of the day I know it’s about who I am not where I am. I feel confident in any platform and honestly almost more so via Skype because I have the comfort of my own home (sans pants?) just be your awesome self and I’m sure they will see it no matter what!

Thanks for your reply! Things ended up working out for me to be there for an in-person interview. I'm hoping to tour the school and check out the city more over the interview weekend since I have never been before. Gonna make a nice trip out of it, and hopefully won't be too caught up in the stress of the interview. :D 

Good luck with your interviews! 

1 hour ago, duyens said:

Thanks for your comment, Ais! I didn't realize there is a separate "check application status" portal until I saw your msg and went to google it. Saw that they're missing my official transcript too and somehow also one of my letter of recommendation, which is so strange since I'm v sure all my recommenders had submitted their letters to both the gen application and the slideroom portion. :( Emailed admission office to figure this out. 

Has anyone had experience with this situation before? UARK did contact me a week ago bc they didn't have my official transcript there too and was told my application was forwarded to the appropriate dept after they received it. Now it's Rutgers. *sigh* :(  

Mine also says it hasn't received one of the recommendations, but I got all three automated emails after they were submitted, tbh I don't think it's anything to worry about. I emailed during the week and got told everything was complete, so I'd say if you're missing something they'd have emailed :-D 

Sorry I didn't mean to worry fellow Rutgers applicants! 

5 minutes ago, Ais said:

Mine also says it hasn't received one of the recommendations, but I got all three automated emails after they were submitted, tbh I don't think it's anything to worry about. I emailed during the week and got told everything was complete, so I'd say if you're missing something they'd have emailed :-D 

Sorry I didn't mean to worry fellow Rutgers applicants! 

No not at all! :) I appreciate it!  

19 hours ago, henryfive said:

Omgggggg I want all the details

Received official Skype interview email notification at midnight for an interview with two painting faculty and one current painting student. They are trying to fit all painting interviews for this Friday and throughout the weekend.  The program is super small, looks like they might only take 2 or 3 painters a year. 

47 minutes ago, Zander said:

Received official Skype interview email notification at midnight for an interview with two painting faculty and one current painting student. They are trying to fit all painting interviews for this Friday and throughout the weekend.  The program is super small, looks like they might only take 2 or 3 painters a year. 

Awesome. I applied there for a different concentration & hope to hear back soon. Congratulations!

3 hours ago, Meaou said:

Has anyone heard from UT Austin Photo or CalArts Photo yet? UT Painting has definitely sent out interview invitations already, and I’m getting worried ?

It says on UT Austin’s site that different concentrations contact people at various times so don’t worry!

Hi! Long time lurker first time caller.

I haven't heard anything. From any school. I applied to five programs, some of which are starting to roll out decisions. SAIC art and tech, OSU art and tech, Herron Photo and Intermedia, UIC New Media, and U of Cincy Electronic art. Roughly how worried should I be? Has anyone heard from these specific programs? I know different programs roll out at different times, so I'm trying not to panic but honestly it's hard not to.

37 minutes ago, acs000 said:

I haven't heard anything. From any school. I applied to five programs, some of which are starting to roll out decisions. SAIC art and tech, OSU art and tech, Herron Photo and Intermedia, UIC New Media, and U of Cincy Electronic art. Roughly how worried should I be? Has anyone heard from these specific programs? I know different programs roll out at different times, so I'm trying not to panic but honestly it's hard not to.

Hi! I'm in almost the exact same boat -  applied to 6 schools, one of them has started rolling out interview requests, and I haven't heard back from anyone.  From looking at past forums it looks like we are at the very, very beginning of when everything starts happening and schools start reaching out to people.  Don't panic yet! I'm trying not to :)

1 hour ago, acs000 said:

Yeah, I wouldn’t worry yet. Like they said above, we are at the verry very beginning of these things. A lot of schools won’t even release their interview requests for a couple weeks from now.. so just hold on tight :)

19 hours ago, artsixteen said:

Thank you so much! I think I heard back from Cornell a few weeks after the application deadline. The moment I hear from Ruskin, I'll let you know! And don't worry, you'll hear back soon :) 

@artsixteen that is amazing, I am so happy you are doing so well with your applications! You got an interview for Cornell? If so, when will it be?

2 hours ago, acs000 said:

The acceptance I have so far is from UIC for the New Media program, but I applied for the priority deadline back in December. For the normal deadline I don't think you would expect to hear back until mid-Feb or even maybe early March.

2 minutes ago, Anastasia Beaverhausen said:

Hey, y'all!

Only applied to VCFA so far--but if they don't get back to me by the end of the week, I'll have to also throw my hat in elsewhere.  I applied back in Nov--and still haven't heard from them!  Has anyone heard anything??  I applied to Summer Res 2019, for Writing for Children and Young Adults.

I apologize--in the wrong thread!  Carry on.

31 minutes ago, painter1612 said:

@artsixteen that is amazing, I am so happy you are doing so well with your applications! You got an interview for Cornell? If so, when will it be?

Hi painter1612, she said that she interviewed with Cornell last year. This year I don't think anyone has heard back from Cornell yet. Fingers crossed that we'll hear something soon?  

Oh, I see! I did not see the previous comment. I must have skipped through that comment. This is my first time applying, and I hope it will be the last one, so I am a little anxious about the entire process. Yet, I am happy some people are already obtaining admissions to their programs! I wish the best for all of us, and may we end up where we need to be.