MFA 2019 Freak Out Forum

justaylor

3 minutes ago, tee_lemon said:

Same ?

Oh nooooo..I applied for an MDes there but no word. It's through Fulbright so I don't even get the direct contact to know :(

I also applied for MFA Design at Syracuse U and CCS, Detroit.

CCS interview is this Friday 1st

Had an informal Skype with SU last week, deadline is Friday and he said soon after we will get interview requests. 

(also applied for an MDes at IIT Chicago)

3 hours ago, prodmod said:

The acceptance I have so far is from UIC for the New Media program, but I applied for the priority deadline back in December. For the normal deadline I don't think you would expect to hear back until mid-Feb or even maybe early March.

I did apply priority for UIC and all other programs which is why I'm worried, lol.

35 minutes ago, acs000 said:

I did apply priority for UIC and all other programs which is why I'm worried, lol.

I did too. Maybe now is the time to bingewatch a show and try to not think about it until we hear back haha. It's excruciating!

Hey just a heads up for anyone that applied to UMichigan, I contacted all of my schools to ask that they only contact me via email because my US number is not in service in Spain and someone from UMich said that they never contact by phone. Only Email. So dont worry about not getting a call just look at your email. 

Is it abnormal to have hits from colleges you didn't apply to? Fordham University, Cornell, University of Illinois all show up on my analytics but I did not apply there. Didn't even contact them in any way. I know when you go to events like Portfolio Day you end up on all the mailing lists but it seems weird that anyone would go to my website, no?

2 hours ago, jess_is_over_it said:

Is it abnormal to have hits from colleges you didn't apply to? Fordham University, Cornell, University of Illinois all show up on my analytics but I did not apply there. Didn't even contact them in any way. I know when you go to events like Portfolio Day you end up on all the mailing lists but it seems weird that anyone would go to my website, no?

Oh some of those are probably people finding you through this site, I'm on a fordham network and have looked at your sight so at least that one is me, haha. 

Edited by cfree

Does anyone know how funding works. Do we find out if we were offered any money when we get the acceptance letter or does that come later? 

I've applied to MFA Graphic Design in 7 colleges :

1. RISD

2. MICA

3. SAIC

4. Pratt

5. NCSU

6. VCU

7. UIC

Has anyone heard from any of these universities yet? Regarding interview/acceptance/rejection. Freaking out.

1 hour ago, Pallavi.Daga said:

1. RISD

2. MICA

3. SAIC

4. Pratt

5. NCSU

6. VCU

7. UIC

Has anyone heard from any of these universities yet? Regarding interview/acceptance/rejection. Freaking out.

I applied to a lot of the same ones for an mfa in graphic design, mica, vcu, saic, and risdi. no word yet from any on my end. Let me know if u hear from any! 

34 minutes ago, Aatt said:

I applied to a lot of the same ones for an mfa in graphic design, mica, vcu, saic, and risdi. no word yet from any on my end. Let me know if u hear from any! 

Yes, surely. Please keep me updated as well.

2 hours ago, Pallavi.Daga said:

1. RISD

2. MICA

3. SAIC

4. Pratt

5. NCSU

6. VCU

7. UIC

I haven't heard anything from VCU yet, seems like they haven't sent any notifications out yet.

35 minutes ago, Meaou said:

I just got an interview invite from UT Austin (Photo). Never got a hit from them on my website (or from Texas in general), so feeling less worried about Google Analytics stats.

Did they email or call?

55 minutes ago, Meaou said:

I just got an interview invite from UT Austin (Photo). Never got a hit from them on my website (or from Texas in general), so feeling less worried about Google Analytics stats.

Yes, google analytics aren't always telling that's for sure! I applied for photo and haven't heard anything but they did look at my site