MFA 2019 Freak Out Forum

justaylor

21 hours ago, Amanadi said:

Oh nooooo..I applied for an MDes there but no word. It's through Fulbright so I don't even get the direct contact to know :(

If it means anything I believe the MFA CMU program is different and on the application portal it says recommendations for the design programs can be submitted up until the 30th -- so it's unlikely they'd make decisions before then 

28 minutes ago, Pallavi.Daga said:

How about Pratt or RISD? Have you heard anything from them yet?

I didn't apply to either of those this year. But last year I interviewed with both and they didn't send interview requests until February. Hope that helps!

1 hour ago, Karisjns said:

I didn't apply to either of those this year. But last year I interviewed with both and they didn't send interview requests until February. Hope that helps!

Okay, thank you. Could you tell me when in Feb? I'm just too anxious. Also, please keep me updated on the status of VCU.

1 hour ago, Sylvieee said:

Was it a personalized email? Wondering if I still have a shot to receive an email from them today for photo... ?

It looked personalized and they reached out to me on skype after I confirmed the time and my skype handle. So I think they're doing it manually. Don't get worried yet, I was terrified when they sent out Painting invitations, thinking it was the end of it. But there was a week delay between that and my invite. 

24 minutes ago, Pallavi.Daga said:

Okay, thank you. Could you tell me when in Feb? I'm just too anxious. Also, please keep me updated on the status of VCU.

If you go into previous years forums you can keyword search the school or school abbreviation for every application that you sent to get a better grasp of when they send out notifications.  However, it probably varies from year to year because schools switch graduate directors and committees every so often. 

1 hour ago, Meaou said:

It looked personalized and they reached out to me on skype after I confirmed the time and my skype handle. So I think they're doing it manually. Don't get worried yet, I was terrified when they sent out Painting invitations, thinking it was the end of it. But there was a week delay between that and my invite. 

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm assuming I'm out but congratulations to you! ☺️

2 minutes ago, rinseandrepeat said:

afaik interview invitations have gone out for UPenn (MFA) and Northwestern ATP 

USCD Art Practice PhD decisions have also gone out

Ah, damn. Congrats to all who were invited!

1 hour ago, Sylvieee said:

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm assuming I'm out but congratulations to you! ☺️

Thanks a lot! What notifications are you waiting for apart from Yale and UT? 

4 hours ago, Sylvieee said:

Columbia College & VCU. You?

CalArts, UCLA, and University of Houston. Haven't heard from any of them yet, but UoH had a mid-Feb deadline, later than all other schools I applied to.

VCU was also on my shortlist, but it had to make of it off the list alongside Rutgers because of my partner's job...

Did anyone else here applied to UoH too? Do your applications on GetAcceptd still show Pending status? 

All my recommendations were submitted a while back, but it still shows Pending Status (their main application says Submitted though). 

Would anyone be interested in sharing portfolios ? ?  I prefer thru private messages, and am interested to see photographers and fellow graphic designers. Let me know !

Edited by Bluetooth
ykwtfgo

How much does GPA matter while applying for masters in schools like Pratt, RISD, VCU, SAIC, MICA, NCSU and UIC? Do they reject an application based on just that?

In my university, I have 3.0/4.0 and am scared that I might get rejected on that basis

3 hours ago, Pallavi.Daga said:

How much does GPA matter while applying for masters in schools like Pratt, RISD, VCU, SAIC, MICA, NCSU and UIC? Do they reject an application based on just that?

In my university, I have 3.0/4.0 and am scared that I might get rejected on that basis

I personally don't think 3.0 is that bad? Also, I am sure they look at your portfolio and artist statement first so I wouldn't worry too much about college gpa! 

After looking through old forms, it seems like this Friday is when we'll start hearing a lot from schools that had early-Jan deadlines. 

Does anyone think the extreme temperatures in the Midwest will delay the timeline a day or two for schools in that region?

7 minutes ago, Bodys said:

After looking through old forms, it seems like this Friday is when we'll start hearing a lot from schools that had early-Jan deadlines. 

Does anyone think the extreme temperatures in the Midwest will delay the timeline a day or two for schools in that region?

I hadn't thought of that, but maybe it will since a lot of schools in the midwest closed for one or two days this week!

59 minutes ago, CatchThemAll said:

I personally don't think 3.0 is that bad? Also, I am sure they look at your portfolio and artist statement first so I wouldn't worry too much about college gpa! 

Alright, thank you :)

28 minutes ago, Bodys said:

Let's hope the best for all of us! Please don't forget to keep this thread updated, guys :)

I just saw someone on another forum say they got a shortlist and interview from UCSB last week. Has anyone else heard from them? I haven’t heard anything from any of my schools and I’m losing my mind over here...