MFA 2019 Freak Out Forum

justaylor

3 minutes ago, Chauncey Zhang said:

I applied for DMI, but I have not received email yet. very nervous.

They said in the email that these were interviews that were decided by the MFA 2D/3D Admissions Committee.

So from the looks of my email, design programs may be emailed separately from a different committee, so don't lose hope just yet ?

6 minutes ago, Karisjns said:

They said in the email that these were interviews that were decided by the MFA 2D/3D Admissions Committee.

So from the looks of my email, design programs may be emailed separately from a different committee, so don't lose hope just yet ?

OMG, I hope so:) GOOD LUCK?

On 2/4/2019 at 3:33 PM, Aatt said:

I studied graphic design at BU for undergrad so if you want any info on the school I’d be happy to help! I loved it there and they have a bunch of new studios now! 

Thank you, that's great to know! I'll reach out to learn more if I'm accepted. :)

54 minutes ago, Chauncey Zhang said:

I applied for DMI, but I have not received email yet. very nervous.

I applied for DMI as well and still waiting, so they probably haven't sent any out yet. Hopefully soon!

Hey guys, I don't know why but I feel that the Graphic Design department of all universities have a different system/timeline of rolling out admission decisions. I thought of opening a new forum regarding the same.

https://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/115733-mfa-graphic-designvisual-communications-2019/?tab=comments#comment-1058656323

Thoughts?

13 minutes ago, MjamesPDX said:

Trying so hard to stop myself from emailing the graduate studies office and being annoying, haha! Please tell me this is a bad idea.

lol yes, bad idea. We're still in the early stages of hearing back, a lot of schools release decisions in mid-March. If it's April and you haven't heard anything, then I say go for it.

On 2/4/2019 at 10:25 AM, Pallavi.Daga said:

Hey! I think SAIC has not rolled out all interview letters yet (atleast for Visual Communications). I just recieved this email today :

Hi Pallavi, 

Thank you for your patience as we process a high volume of applications at this time. We will be in touch with you in due course. 

Best, 
Arthur

I finally heard back from SAIC, rejected. They sent it through snail mail. Hope you get good news from them! 

47 minutes ago, afein said:

I received my interview request from RISD for Graphic Design by email this morning.

I have not received anything yet. Maybe because I submitted it near the deadline. Good luck :)

2 hours ago, Chauncey Zhang said:

I have not received anything yet. Maybe because I submitted it near the deadline. Good luck :)

Thanks! I applied for the 3-year at RISD, so that could affect the timeline.

Also, I just received an interview request from CalArts (2-year) over email.

Edited by afein

8 hours ago, Aatt said:

I finally heard back from SAIC, rejected. They sent it through snail mail. Hope you get good news from them! 

I don't think so anymore, tbh! Thank you though! Also, who sends it through snail mail now a days? Could you tell me what was its original date?

4 hours ago, afein said:

Thanks! I applied for the 3-year at RISD, so that could affect the timeline.

Also, I just received an interview request from CalArts (2-year) over email.

I also applied for the 3-year program at RISD, didn't hear anything! But it was a very long shot for me anyway, so I'm not having high hopes, lol.

16 hours ago, rosch said:

I also go the interview request! Kinda nervous since I can’t find much info on the D+M interview online.

What are you guys doing to prepare for this interview? And what’s your undergrad/research background in?

I am worried about the interview as well? haha. Information is never enough..and I even majored nothing relevant to art. 

Just trying to make a list of possible questions and making my words smooth :(

On 7 February 2019 at 6:20 PM, nmelnicky said:

I received interviews for MICA's Painting and Teaching program. 

Is that MICA's hoffberger school? 

I just got an email saying they were still under review 

Bummer ?

56 minutes ago, Ais said:

Is that MICA's hoffberger school? 

I just got an email saying they were still under review 

Bummer ?

I got the same email from mica about it being under review, but not for painting 

3 minutes ago, Pallavi.Daga said:

Was it from the graduate admission office regarding how to stay connected?

Yep that's the one