MFA 2019 Freak Out Forum

justaylor

10 hours ago, rosch said:

@calmly waiting did you get an answer to this? I’m waiting from the photo dept too. Most posts I’ve seen reference painting, etc. 

I haven't heard anything from the photo/film department or [acceptance info] from anyone on this thread. I applied last year and wasn't accepted. I didn't hear about that until April which was rough. Lemme know if you hear anything. Which other programs did you apply to-- if you don't mind me asking.

Edited by calmly waiting
clarification

12 minutes ago, calmly waiting said:

I haven't heard anything from the photo/film department or anyone on this thread. I applied last year and wasn't accepted. I didn't hear about that until April which was rough. Lemme know if you hear anything. Which other programs did you apply to-- if you don't mind me asking.

I also haven’t heard from VCU (film/photo)

12 hours ago, yueeeee said:

Hello. Did you hear from SVA? I applied to SVA's Design Program as well and the status says ‘Application Ready for Review’.

I have seen Fine Arts applicants recieve interviews and acceptances already. They seem pretty unresponsive right now, I emailed them about my transcript and they didn't reply for over 2 weeks. But the email they did send was very pleasant and did not imply any rejection,  so I don't know what they're doing. 

7 hours ago, yueeeee said:

Hello :) May I ask which program you are applying for?

Yeah sure! 

VCU - Fibers

UBC - MFA Studio General (Heard Back)

OCAD - Interdiciplinary Masters in Art, Media, and Design (Heard Back)

CCA - Textiles / VCS Dual Degree

Columbia - New Generes

UCLA - Interdiciplinary Studies

Concordia Uni Canada - Fibers

Bard - Sculpture

Hopefully, will be contacted more this week......

35 minutes ago, yessssssss said:

Ah sorry to hear! I haven’t gotten anything from them yet - has anyone gotten interviews yet??

Its not a big deal. It's an interdisciplinary program and I'm primarily a painter. 

I have several upcoming interviews, and I was wondering what people's thoughts were when it comes to thank you notes?  Have people been sending them after interviews like you would for a job interview?  If you've been interviewed by a panel have you sent them to everyone on the panel or just department heads or the equivalent?

11 hours ago, Arissss said:

For those who have been rejected by saic, did you ever received an notification of rejection? I haven't heard from saic for an interview, but I got an email noticing that they downloaded my e-transcript last week....I tried to send email to the grad department and they never replied me. I am so confused.

I wasn't rejected by SAIC but from what I gather their interview weekend is this upcoming weekend (I have an interview with the art and tech Dept). I heard someone else say they've sent all interview letters out by now.

Just received an interview for Bard College's MFA program (I haven't been on here in a couple of weeks, but I received rejections from Yale and SAIC in the meantime, so I'm hoping others on here receive positive news if they've been getting negative responses).

Edited by E-6_Processing
Punctuation

1 hour ago, ns5607 said:

I have several upcoming interviews, and I was wondering what people's thoughts were when it comes to thank you notes?  Have people been sending them after interviews like you would for a job interview?  If you've been interviewed by a panel have you sent them to everyone on the panel or just department heads or the equivalent?

I've only sat one interview so far, and emailed all 5 faculty thank you messages after, of which I got really nice replies from two. My opinion is it can't hurt. Good luck with your interviews! 

4 minutes ago, wagesf0rstudents said:

Rutgers and Bard sculpture interview requests have gone out afaik

Do you know of anyone who has gotten an interview with Rutgers? I’ve only seen one person say they got a rejection. I haven’t gotten any notifications either way from them so I’m hoping to hear something soon.

16 minutes ago, yessssssss said:

Do you know of anyone who has gotten an interview with Rutgers? I’ve only seen one person say they got a rejection. I haven’t gotten any notifications either way from them so I’m hoping to hear something soon.

I'm in the same boat!