MFA 2019 Freak Out Forum

justaylor

56 minutes ago, Aatt said:

Same just now! Good luck! 

1 hour ago, Chauncey Zhang said:

Got an interview invitation from MICA 2-yr GD!

Congrats guys! Do you know if all interview requests have been sent out?

MICA was my only hope but have not heard anything from them, so probably it's a rejection in that too. Good luck for your interviews!

12 minutes ago, Pallavi.Daga said:

MICA was my only hope but have not heard anything from them, so probably it's a rejection in that too. Good luck for your interviews!

I don’t know, it didn’t say in the email, but I just got it a few hours ago, so I wouldn’t fret yet they may still be sending them. 

Just now, Aatt said:

I don’t know, it didn’t say in the email, but I just got it a few hours ago, so I wouldn’t fret yet they may still be sending them. 

Can I know when's the interview scheduled to be?

14 minutes ago, Pallavi.Daga said:

Can I know when's the interview scheduled to be?

Looks like they are doing them next week and the following week. 

45 minutes ago, colores said:

I checked last year forum and rejection letters were sent March 9. Last year a friend of a friend received interview letter last week of February and he had his interview March 15. 

Hope it helps! Good Luck! 

Thank you! Seems like they get later and later every year there!

I got a rejection from Rutgers a day ago and got an interview invite from Hunter this morning. I haven’t heard from VCU (painting) yet tho a few ppl on here have mentioned receiving interview invites already. Anyone knows when UARK will send out their invites? 

Hang in there, friends! :D

1 hour ago, jess_is_over_it said:

Finally got a letter from SAIC, rejected. They offered me a spot in their undergrad BFA program as a "prior degree student", which is kind of insulting although my undergrad is a BA in Film and Video, so maybe that's going to end up being a hard sell for a lot of MFA programs. No one mentioned it negatively so far though and my Portfolio Day review with SAIC went very well, he even said "your work is exactly the language we look for in our students at SAIC"...Sigh ?

Aww, Jess I feel for you. The second undergrad offer might just be something automatic they do, don't take it to heart. Lately SAIC's rejection emails have been offering post-bacs and such much too often. It's becoming a theme. I would not take it personally at all. A feedback on Portfolio Day weighs much more and is much more valuable. Chin up!!!! A BA in Film and Video is something to be super proud of!!!! and you showed tons of determination aiming for your MFA in Painting. Keep strong!   

25 minutes ago, Lemon2Lemonade said:

Aww, Jess I feel for you. The second undergrad offer might just be something automatic they do, don't take it to heart. Lately SAIC's rejection emails have been offering post-bacs and such much too often. It's becoming a theme. I would not take it personally at all. A feedback on Portfolio Day weighs much more and is much more valuable. Chin up!!!! A BA in Film and Video is something to be super proud of!!!! and you showed tons of determination aiming for your MFA in Painting. Keep strong!   

Thanks for the positivity ? I just finished my skype interview with SMFA and I feel like it went really well!

2 minutes ago, painter1612 said:

Hello! So far I have gotten interviews for Cornell, Boston University, and Georgia State University. I still have not heard from RISD for Painting. Keep up the hopes everyone!! 

Congrats! When did you hear from Georgia State? I applied there as well.

4 hours ago, Aatt said:

Looks like they are doing them next week and the following week. 

Thanks for letting me know! I didn't hear anything from them yet ? Is there anyone else still waiting to hear from MICA GD dept too? 

7 hours ago, Pallavi.Daga said:

I don't know about that. But two of my friends just received interview invitations at the same time with me.

2 hours ago, Pallavi.Daga said:

Thanks for letting me know! I didn't hear anything from them yet ? Is there anyone else still waiting to hear from MICA GD dept too? 

22 minutes ago, Chauncey Zhang said:

I don't know about that. But two of my friends just received interview invitations at the same time with me.

I received my interview request this morning too. Looking at the available interview timeslots right now, all but 6 have been claimed.

Congrats Chauncey!

16 minutes ago, afein said:

I received my interview request this morning too. Looking at the available interview timeslots right now, all but 6 have been claimed.

Congrats Chauncey!

You too! Wish you all the best:)

1 hour ago, afein said:

Congrats Chauncey!

Hey, how many slots are there in total? I can't get around the fact that I didn't receive a Interview request because my NPDA portfolio day went super well with them. ?

Also, I had been in touch with the faculty and they seemed super positive!

11 minutes ago, Pallavi.Daga said:

Hey, how many slots are there in total? I can't get around the fact that I didn't receive a Interview request because my NPDA portfolio day went super well with them. ?

Also, I had been in touch with the faculty and they seemed super positive!

Another classmate of mine just received an invitation. So there may be some remaining vacancies. Good luck!