MFA 2019 Freak Out Forum

justaylor

45 minutes ago, Sylvieee said:

I had an interview with them and they also mentioned TA/Museum stuff. I am assuming the interviewers from yesterday might've been different than today which is why? Who did you interview with, @Karisjns ?

I know Joan Giroux was there, the other names were a little too muffled for me to pick up, but one of the men speaking had an accent. 

Geez I'm getting really worried about that now. I emailed them about assistantships when I was applying so they should know I was interested. 

Hopefully it's just coincidence bc I would really need that.

I did apply for the Fine Arts MFA so I'm not sure what y'all applied for and if each department had different interviewers.

Edited by Karisjns

6 minutes ago, Karisjns said:

I know Joan Giroux was there, the other names were a little too muffled for me to pick up, but one of the men speaking had an accent. 

Geez I'm getting really worried about that now. I emailed them about assistantships when I was applying so they should know I was interested. 

Hopefully it's just coincidence bc I would really need that.

I did apply for the Fine Arts MFA so I'm not sure what y'all applied for and if each department had different interviewers.

I really wouldn't worry about it! It's totally possible they had a different set of questions for the Fine Arts MFA. 

15 minutes ago, Sylvieee said:

Crazy that some other concentrations have already sent out acceptance letters but others apparently haven't contacted for interviews yet ?

I know. I'd love to know what goes on in the decision making process and the reasons behind staggering the communication.  

It's such a small program, hopefully we hear something positive by the end of FEB. Probably OK to contact them and ask, if need be, when March roles around?

On 2/18/2019 at 6:13 PM, Karisjns said:

Just received my second acceptance!

Accepted into the Contemporary Art Practice MFA program at Portland State via email.

Hope the good fortune falls upon you all this week as well! 

Congrats! I’m waiting to hear from them.

Edited by JackieStarbrite

Did anyone receive acceptance from RISD Digital+Media department? I got informed during the interview that the department will get back in touch on February 20th which is today. and didn't get anything from the department yet.. so I'm getting nervous!

10 minutes ago, Bodys said:

Has anyone heard if Tulane sent out interview requests yet?

I have not heard from them but I had been communicating with a faculty member who stated that the review process was fast approaching. That was last Wednesday or so. I wouldn't worry until mid-March. My guess is they will be last to send out decisions, of the schools I applied to.

I got a hit from Tufts (SMFA) on my analytics! It's been less than a week since my interview with them. I know that's a really good sign but I'm still losing my mind over it, lol!

Also, mentally prepared for my Tyler official rejection any day now as it seems interviews have been conducted, decisions have been made.

I know we are all freaking out at this point, crossing my fingers for us all! Everyone has been so extremely supportive of each other, I'm so proud of us all!

About an hour ago, I received an invitation to interview from SVA for Graphic Design. The interview is for Monday ?

I think they sent them all out at the same time, because they accidentally put another person's name in the subject line. Harbor, if you are here, good luck!

Edited by afein

Hi Everyone

Has any one applied with Ohio State MFA Design programs (Design Research, Animation and Interactive Design)? It's the only program i applied this year, I also graduated from the same department with a BSD in 2017, so I am hoping for good luck...?

1 hour ago, Sophie K said:

Did anyone receive acceptance from RISD Digital+Media department? I got informed during the interview that the department will get back in touch on February 20th which is today. and didn't get anything from the department yet.. so I'm getting nervous!

I haven’t heard back either, but the day’s not over :)

2 hours ago, Pallavi.Daga said:

Just got an e-mail from NCSU to check application portal! And.. it was an acceptance! 

Not my first choice but def gonna consider it :) I applied for the 3 year MGD track! Didn't recieve any funding info, though!

Congrats!

Omg you guys I haven't checked my analytics for weeks and I just saw that my website got viewed by every single city I have applied to omg. I could cry, it feels so real now. Now I know why you guys were posting about analytics so hardcore earlier. I have the sweats. 

On 19 February 2019 at 3:35 AM, jess_is_over_it said:

Applied to MICA Mount Royal and Hoffberger, have yet to hear anything. Did reach out to Mary Baum last week to inquire, we had been in close contact since November and I felt it would be acceptable to reach out. Her response was short but cordial, says they are “still in the review process”...which “continues all month”. 

Hoffberger has upcoming interviews next week; i've seen some people speculate that some schools do more than one round of interviews so maybe if you haven't received a rejection you're not crossed out.

I was having a look at your work (which is great!) and saw you have a background in video too; that's a great combination and I would expect painting programs should really love the unique perspective you can bring. I would be surprised if interdisciplinary programs in particular (like Mount Royal) don't have a big interest in you; especially because you've demonstrated your ability to think in-depth beyond one field :-) 

anyway, all the best with hearing back :-) 

6 hours ago, Kellie Gillespie said:

@ackey  I was offered a scholarship for SVA as well. But I saw no deadline of March 1. All I see online is April 15  to place a deposit. Where did you see that March deadline? Now I’m starting to panic a little lol

Hey! The first email I received about acceptance said April 15th was the deadline for enrollment. The follow-up email with scholarship information said to pay an enrollment fee "no later than March 1" in the letter attached

5 hours ago, afein said:

About an hour ago, I received an invitation to interview from SVA for Graphic Design. The interview is for Monday ?

I think they sent them all out at the same time, because they accidentally put another person's name in the subject line. Harbor, if you are here, good luck!

You mean DESIGN? I receive nothing. Cry like a river?