MFA 2019 Freak Out Forum

justaylor

20 minutes ago, MjamesPDX said:

Just got the bad news.. UO sent me my rejection finally today.. good luck to everyone else! Looks like it’s the end of the road for me. If anyone gets in please let us know, we’re rooting for ya!

Sorry to hear :(

I feel your pain. Out of 10 applications I got 8 rejections, 1 vague, pseudo-waitlist, and 1 acceptance and scholarship but still not enough financial aid to do it. I've contacted them explaining that I need more financial assistance and am visiting the school this weekend during an "Admitted Students' Day", so crossing my fingers now more than ever.

Best of luck to everyone! This process is a killer. 

12 minutes ago, jess_is_over_it said:

Sorry to hear :(

I feel your pain. Out of 10 applications I got 8 rejections, 1 vague, pseudo-waitlist, and 1 acceptance and scholarship but still not enough financial aid to do it. I've contacted them explaining that I need more financial assistance and am visiting the school this weekend during an "Admitted Students' Day", so crossing my fingers now more than ever.

Best of luck to everyone! This process is a killer. 

can you borrow loans to make it work? i thought there wasnt a limit

Just now, thecodemachine said:

can you borrow loans to make it work? i thought there wasnt a limit

I will likely apply for some and see what I get. I don't have good credit and no co-signer. But I'm also not trying to go into over $100k of student loan debt (I'm at $30k currently with undergrad, all gov student loans), really trying to avoid any private loans. But I also don't see myself going through another round of applications. If I continue working in my current career I literally don't have time to make new work, certainly not "good" work, and I had to stop showing my work because I could never coordinate drop offs/pick ups etc with my crazy schedule. So I will certainly apply for loans and weigh out the pros and cons. 

Rejected from RISD and Tulane. Still no word from Columbia, GSU, George Mason or UMiami. I know GSU and Columbia have done interviews and sent some decisions. Guess not hearing is best at this point? Has anyone interviewed or received decisions about George Mason or UMiami? 

2 hours ago, MollyMayhem said:

Rejected from RISD and Tulane. Still no word from Columbia, GSU, George Mason or UMiami. I know GSU and Columbia have done interviews and sent some decisions. Guess not hearing is best at this point? Has anyone interviewed or received decisions about George Mason or UMiami? 

Which department did you interview for Columbia? Also, how do you know that some decisions have been sent out? Thank you! 

On 3/26/2019 at 10:56 AM, tee_lemon said:

Who all is going to the graduate visit day for MICA next week?? I'd love to meet up! Anyone headed there for Rinehart? 

I’m going to the grad visit day at MICA grad visit day! I’m graphic design though. 

My final list for 2yr Graphic Design MFA: 

Tyler - Accepted with TA and generous stipend for 1st year 

MICA - accepted 35% scholarship

SCAD - accepted with small scholarship

SVA - accepted no funding

Rutgers - asked to interview but turned it down because I already had some others I wanted more

Yale - rejected

RISD- rejected

Tulane - rejected 

SAIC - rejected

VCU - ghosted, I never heard anything even after emailing to ask. 

I was really struggling between choosing MICA or Tyler. I’m going to commit to MICA though. Already turned down the rest. 

Anyone else going to MICA? 

2 hours ago, apollonia666 said:

The columbia wait is killing me slowly! I also interviewed for painting, 3 weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Roof1234 said:

I can’t believe no ones heard yet! It’s been so long! 

Hey guys I applied for sculpture and heard back on the 18th via phone call and got the official letter a few days later. 

7 minutes ago, biu said:

PDF acceptance letter posted on the online portal. 

The portal that you submitted your portfolio and what not on? I just have the information that my stuff has been received ? theres no status update on there either, it just says submitted

14 minutes ago, Gabbberz said:

The portal that you submitted your portfolio and what not on? I just have the information that my stuff has been received ? theres no status update on there either, it just says submitted

You will get an email if there’s a status update. They are probably still deciding your case? The deadline to accept/decline an offer is 4/15, just to give you a sense of timing

13 hours ago, Aatt said:

My final list for 2yr Graphic Design MFA: 

Tyler - Accepted with TA and generous stipend for 1st year 

MICA - accepted 35% scholarship

SCAD - accepted with small scholarship

SVA - accepted no funding

Rutgers - asked to interview but turned it down because I already had some others I wanted more

Yale - rejected

RISD- rejected

Tulane - rejected 

SAIC - rejected

VCU - ghosted, I never heard anything even after emailing to ask. 

I was really struggling between choosing MICA or Tyler. I’m going to commit to MICA though. Already turned down the rest. 

Anyone else going to MICA? 

2yr GD at MICA too :)