Jump to content

MFA 2019 Freak Out Forum


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got an acceptance letter from SMFA!!!!! And a $15,000 a year scholarship!!!!! If there was an emoji for fainting and then laying on the ground giggling with glee that would be me haha. SOOOOO much R

The MFA grad advisor attempted to call me, but instead received a UT Austin Painting acceptance via email!  Nominated for a recruitment fellowship through the University, which includes a full scholar

Just got accepted to Penn State via Email!!! I am crying, this is so incredibly validating because I wasn't even going to apply this year because I didn't think my work was ready or good enough. Also

Posted Images

On 3/1/2019 at 4:29 PM, justaylor said:

Haha I’m not sure I did that successfully but here’s my email verbatim: 

 

“””My name is Abigail Taylor. I am emailing to inquire the status of my MFA graduate application. I have not heard anything from the school since January 25 and would love if you could let me know where the faculty stands and the process is? Thank you for your time and have a great day. 
Sincerely,
Taylor”””””

Hey, I'm sort of in a similar situation--I got sustained hits on my site from programs but did not receive invites. I feel like I was probably skipped over. I want to contact them and get an update; I'm just not 100% clear on who to contact.

Did you just email the graduate director?

thx!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2019 at 7:07 AM, MIRO. said:

Has anyone heard back from SAIC Printmedia after they had the interview?

Also, has RISD Printmaking contacted any printmaking applicants?

 

I interviewed with SAIC Printmedia and was rejected via a letter in the mail this weekend! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Accepted to University of Missouri today!

 

so far that leaves me with

Columbia College Chicago - accepted, no funding info yet

Missouri - accepted (funding info to be discussed)

University of Kentucky - rejected

University of South Florida - rejected

CalArts - no word yet (probably rejected, they do interviews and I haven't heard anything about one)

SVA - no word yet (my application got submitted late because of my references)

Ohio State - no word yet

Louisiana State University - no word yet 

 

anyone hear about funding info from Columbia?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2019 at 1:23 PM, Zander said:

My in-person Northwestern interview went well but their studios are very, very sad. After speaking with current students I have some concerns have been debating on withdrawing my application.

I interviewed there via skype and was considering it because the funding is so good. What did the students bring up? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just noticed on the Pratt website that their application deadline has been extended to 03/11. Has anyone heard anything from them or the waiting is just going to get indefinitely longer? Applied to the Communications Design program.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mlem said:

has anyone heard back from UPenn or Berkeley post interview? 

I got an informal acceptance email from UPenn on 3/1. Had my interview with them on 2/13. Official acceptance letters will go out mid march

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, krvers said:

Got accepted by RCA Painting!!!! I also received an interview request from Goldsmiths Fine Art this morning!!!! Exciting!!!!

Congratulations! That is fantastic news! I feel like we were all in this together with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck with your Goldsmith interview, that is some accomplishment already! 😁

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hey everyone!!! I've been checking my mailbox 4 times a day these days, awaiting results from SAIC Photography MFA program. Anyone heard back from them yet? I am so curious. Is there a chance they skipped me or something? Should I reach out to them?

Thank youuu!

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, photogirl said:

 

Hey everyone!!! I've been checking my mailbox 4 times a day these days, awaiting results from SAIC Photography MFA program. Anyone heard back from them yet? I am so curious. Is there a chance they skipped me or something? Should I reach out to them?

Thank youuu!

yup, they contacted me a few days after my interview. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, chz&pcake said:

I received a rejection from UT Austin's Sculpture Dept. today BUT I got an acceptance letter from University of Michigan! yay!!!

I'm still waiting to hear anything back from CMU but I'm assuming it's a rejection at this point 

Congrats! The University of Michigan offers full funding +stipend. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, steesp said:

Congrats! The University of Michigan offers full funding +stipend. 

Thanks! I think the funding depends on the funding available to the department- or at least that's what I was told at National Portfolio Day? This year they accepted 8 people, 2 of the 8 get full funding and the rest are offered 75%. I got the 75% but I'm still really excited about the offer :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chz&pcake said:

Thanks! I think the funding depends on the funding available to the department- or at least that's what I was told at National Portfolio Day? This year they accepted 8 people, 2 of the 8 get full funding and the rest are offered 75%. I got the 75% but I'm still really excited about the offer :)

Really? I guess they changed it up a bit, last year they took in 5 candidates fully funded. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pallavi.Daga said:

Just noticed on the Pratt website that their application deadline has been extended to 03/11. Has anyone heard anything from them or the waiting is just going to get indefinitely longer? Applied to the Communications Design program.

Pratt is the only school I haven't heard from. @fiowwn said last Wednesday that they have not heard from Pratt either.

Every other program will have made offers by the time they conduct interviews. I wonder what is going on?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chz&pcake said:

I'm still waiting to hear anything back from CMU but I'm assuming it's a rejection at this point 

CMU interviews happened back in mid-February. I was told they are still finalizing decisions and funding offers over the next couple weeks.

Edited by warp
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, warp said:

CMU interviews happened back in mid-February. I was told they are still finalizing decisions and funding offers over the next couple weeks.

I also haven't heard from CMU - although it looked like a lot of people were rejected right off the bat back in early February. Not sure if there's any possibility left, but I'm assuming rejection too at this point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, afein said:

Pratt is the only school I haven't heard from. @fiowwn said last Wednesday that they have not heard from Pratt either.

Every other program will have made offers by the time they conduct interviews. I wonder what is going on?

i interviewed with pratt a few weeks ago, but i also applied at their original deadline, which was 1/5. (my portfolio/essay tightened up by the time the others were due, so it was a little frustrating, but. i digress) when did you submit to pratt? perhaps that has to do with it, and the order in which they get back to people.

additionally, does anyone know if UCLA always does interviews? i've heard the state system doesn't always. trying to gauge if i have much hope for that program if info is going out this week, lmao. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chz&pcake said:

I received a rejection from UT Austin's Sculpture Dept. today BUT I got an acceptance letter from University of Michigan! yay!!!

I'm still waiting to hear anything back from CMU but I'm assuming it's a rejection at this point 

Congratulations!  Did they notify you by mail?  Or email?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MIRO. said:

Got an acceptance letter from RISD's printmaking program today.

Congratulations!! Did they interview you? And did you receive notification via email? I'm still waiting to hear, so I'm guessing it's not so good news for me, this time around 😩

Edited by Brittany0Kay
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beep beep said:

i interviewed with pratt a few weeks ago, but i also applied at their original deadline, which was 1/5. (my portfolio/essay tightened up by the time the others were due, so it was a little frustrating, but. i digress) when did you submit to pratt? perhaps that has to do with it, and the order in which they get back to people.

additionally, does anyone know if UCLA always does interviews? i've heard the state system doesn't always. trying to gauge if i have much hope for that program if info is going out this week, lmao. 

Did you apply for painting or communications design?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.