Jump to content
justaylor

MFA 2019 Freak Out Forum

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Pallavi.Daga said:

Have you recieved any funding from Pratt?

None, but I will try to ask for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Masterpiece said:

None, but I will try to ask for it

I tried mailing the program director and the design admissions office about the same, I did not recieve any reply :( In case you do, please let me know about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@prodmod I'm going to UIC this fall too! Gonna get an MFA in Studio Arts 😀. What about you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

anyone turning down Columbia MFA in New Genres?

i'm waitlisted and seeing if this is a possibility... otherwise, just going to confirm for CalArts. 

Edited by Stines2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2019 at 12:47 PM, Pallavi.Daga said:

I tried mailing the program director and the design admissions office about the same, I did not recieve any reply :( In case you do, please let me know about it.

I had emailed them, but haven’t heard back. What about you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Masterpiece said:

I had emailed them, but haven’t heard back. What about you?

Same, haven't heard back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2019 at 12:32 PM, Stines2019 said:

anyone turning down Columbia MFA in New Genres?

i'm waitlisted and seeing if this is a possibility... otherwise, just going to confirm for CalArts. 

hey, im waitlisted at columbia new genres and i'm turning it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2019 at 2:11 AM, fiowwn said:

I received their interview from 3yr GD, if you don't mind to share, what question did they ask?

Hi!

i saw you were accepted into SVA MFA Design. Just wondering did you accept it? I am on the waitlist of that program. if you have already enrolled in other schools, do you mind turning it down?

THANK YOU! T_T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being on two waitlists at this point in the game is pure torture. I think it means I/we are a great fit for each program but there are snafus keeping us in a holding pattern. I know I have many opportunities beyond or instead of grad school right now-but, damn, this waiting for a likely/uncertain rejection is just brutal!! Sending good vibes to all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2019 at 10:50 PM, brho said:

Hey congrats on acceptance, may I ask when you heard the decision from NYU? I am still waiting to hear from them.

I heard from NYU around the end of March...I still haven't decided so it's probably me holding them up on reaching out to other candidates! [yikes emoji]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nanjin said:

Hi!

i saw you were accepted into SVA MFA Design. Just wondering did you accept it? I am on the waitlist of that program. if you have already enrolled in other schools, do you mind turning it down?

THANK YOU! T_T

Yes I did turned it down. Like half month ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, fiowwn said:

Yes I did turned it down. Like half month ago.

oh thank you so much! Did you go to RISD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for anyone who is waitlisted for Columbia Painting, are you all planning on staying on the waitlist? Also, for anyone who was accepted to Columbia for Painting, are you planning on accepting your offer? Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey yall, for anyone on the waitlists for any of the other schools I was accepted/waitlisted at in my signature, I've made my official decision to go to CMU. super excited, and I hope someone gets in off the waitlist to the school they want to go because of my declines!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Have any one got the formal offer letter from RCA?? the Royal College of Art in London.

I got the informal but firm offer from the Programme (as they said in the mail), I wonder how long does it take to get the formal letter.

And is it possible to be rejected by the Academic Board?? Has it happened????

Edited by Fililo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2019 at 2:38 AM, ackey said:

What is a graceful way to decline an offer?

1724774036_Screenshot2019-04-14at11_46_29PM.thumb.png.501f45e20dfd4727abf4ca07e0b3a752.png

 

Here is my mail to the program director of UIC! Recieved a very sweet response, too. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a procedure for sending a rejection to Pratt? I can't find anything online. Please help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all!

Just curious about peoples accommodation plans... what time is best to start looking/ sort accommodation out? I'm planning to live off campus and won't be able to visit anywhere/ know others. Any advice much appreciated! :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ais said:

Hey all!

Just curious about peoples accommodation plans... what time is best to start looking/ sort accommodation out? I'm planning to live off campus and won't be able to visit anywhere/ know others. Any advice much appreciated! 🙂

boston is such a big college town that i'm sure there are a lot of resources on neighborhoods, best places to look, etc. there are also probably some housing scams because of the high volume of students that come so be wary! fb groups are the best way to find sublets/rooms at a good rate, tbh. do a search and see if there's like a "boston affordable housing" group or something of that end. 

allston and somerville are great places to live; quieter and less expensive while still being accessible to the city. good luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beep beep said:

boston is such a big college town that i'm sure there are a lot of resources on neighborhoods, best places to look, etc. there are also probably some housing scams because of the high volume of students that come so be wary! fb groups are the best way to find sublets/rooms at a good rate, tbh. do a search and see if there's like a "boston affordable housing" group or something of that end. 

allston and somerville are great places to live; quieter and less expensive while still being accessible to the city. good luck! 

Thanks so much this is really helpful! I never thought of Facebook but definitely sounds like the way to go. All the best with your next step! :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got into VCU painting after having been waitlisted. I was rejected everywhere else I applied and had assumed I was going to be applying again next year. I'm so caught off guard and have to decide by Friday! I didn't know I would have such little time to decide and won't get a chance to visit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My app portal for VCU was reset today (photo/film), without an update on my status, just welcoming me as someone who is re-applying to their grad school.

I had been checking occasionally for an update (an assumed rejection). I'm assuming it will show up next month in the mail, which will be fun to open. This is def an extra amount of discouragement on top of everything. Probably good thing to get used to that but, eesh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.